‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

Signed, Sealed, Delivered; I'm Yours

"You could have the wedding over in Paris - it's romantic!" Alice was saying with excitement, cuddling Jasper.

Her father had looked over her aunt with some look on his face but quickly looked away before Nessie could suspect a thing.

"Wedding? Isn't it a little too soon to be talking about that?" Nessie laughed awkwardly.

"Of course not, the sooner the better!" Alice had obviously missed Edward's look. "You guys are imprinted, so why wait any longer?"

Nessie kept quiet as she sat next to Jacob who had a tight look on his face. He looked at her before he smiled.

"What now?" Nessie asked and they both looked at each other in the eyes with love.

"We can have a place of our own," Jacob answered, kissing her on the forehead. "Somewhere near your family since we can't go back to Forks with you not ageing and stuff."

They both snorted and she buried her face in his muscular chest.

"But what about your family?"

"I've talked to Sam and Billy about it," he simply said but didn't continue.

She decided to leave it be.

"That would mean you coming to school with me right?" Nessie pulled away and grinned excitedly.

"I guess so," he laughed, scratching his head. "But I need to go back to Forks to settle a couple of things first."

He stood up and walked over to the kitchen.

"Daddy," Nessie said and Edward who had been staring into space, looked up at her. "You're okay with this, aren't you?"

Edward looked at his daughter, not believing his ears. He walked over to her and placed a kiss on the top of her head. He didn't pull away for a few moments and then he said, "I can't stop two kids from loving each other."

She saw him looking over at Bella who was by the patio by herself. Then he quickly gazed back to his daugher and forced himself to smile.

"I'm going out to hunt now - be good."

Nessie watched as both her parents crossed each others path but none of them stopped to acknowledge each other - not even a smile.

It was odd seeing them like that.

But they've been like that since she could remember. They'd occasionally talk and laugh but that's about it.

She couldn't even remember the both of them acting like Jasper and Alice - it looked as though her parents were complete strangers to each other.

Of course, Bella had tried sweet-talking Edward but he'd simply brush her aside and continue on his way with whatever he was doing.

Was it marriage that broke them apart? Did they got sick of each other to make them act this way?

What if Jacob and her would end up like that?

She couldn't take the heartache. She couldn't.

"What are you thinking about?" a voice snapped her out her reverie.

"Nothing," she answered.

Everything, she thought grimly.

Without a warning, she wondered why Damon hasn't visited her in her dreams. Maybe it really was because she had really just imagined him to cope with the move. Maybe having Jacob there with her made her stress go away - causing her to be sane.

But even though he probably was just a dream, she had to admit that she missed his presence - his charming, sophisticated and superior attitude. How did she ever come up with the name Damon Salvatore, she would never know.

Stop it, the little voice in the back of her head scolded her. How can you think of an imaginary person when you have the best thing in your life sitting next to you?

She glanced down at the ring on her finger and smiled to herself.

At that exact moment, Carlisle walked into the room - his expression so grim; it looked like the world was going to end.

"Carlisle, you look like someone just died," Emmett chuckled from his seat at the corner of the living room.

When Carlisle sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, even Emmett himself sat straight from his seat.

"The police have found a couple of corpses in the alleyway all around London - they think it's gang-related," Carlisle paused for everyone to take in the information.

"But it's not," Emmett finished the sentence slowly before exhaling out loud.

This happened before, Nessie thought and frowned to herself. I don't know when but I feel like this whole scene has happened before.

"No," her grandfather nodded his head. "Right now, the police believe that it is gang-related. I know there are other vampires here in London, I just didn't realize that they'd do it so openly."

"Other vampires?" Jacob looked surprised.

"Oh come on, surely we can't be the only vampires in the world, Jacob," Rosalie snapped in annoyance.

"I know that," Jacob glared at her aunt but gazed back to the doctor of the family. "I mean, really? London of all places?"

Carlisle's lips were pursed into a thin line, his brows furrowed.

"Places like London, Paris, Greenland and certain parts of Germany are infested with vampire communities. I'm just surprised they did it openly," her grandfather answered and she cringed at the word 'infested'.

The sound of the doorbell could be heard so Nessie decided to get out of the serious family conversation to see who it was.

She opened the door and saw the mailman who stared at her with awe. She smiled politely as she took the papers to sign before taking a brightly covered parcel from him.

"Thank you," she said and closed the door even though he was still staring at her.

As soon as the door was closed, she wondered what was in the parcel.

She tore the paper with grace and within seconds, she held the an old wooden box with strange carvings on them. Nervously, she opened the lid and her eyes widened in horror.

In the box was a bloody heart - in a literal sense. She didn't know if she should scream or faint from the sight of it. Grabbing a piece of note attached to the heart, she could faintly read the bloody message in it:

Signed, Sealed, Delivered; I'm yours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Those who loves the vampire Lestat de Lioncourt from the Interview With The Vampire, I've recently made a new fanfic on him *Here* Check it out and let me know what you think?

Nikki, Mandi, Star.Bright, needxmorexparamore - thank you beautiful people for commenting on the story!

I will honestly admit, I got a little tired of the story because of the lack of response. But I am not quitting on it like I did to some of my other stories.

Anyway, what do you think is going to happen? Share with me your thoughts!