To Break Our Hearts in Stride

Seeing into the Future.

Gerard's POV
I struggled down the never-ending staircase with my heavy case. It contained everything I would need for the autopsy and the tests I would have to run on the little girl I found in the woods.
"Where are you going?" a voice said. I saw Frank peer at me and my case from behind one of the many bookcases in the numerous corridors.
"I'm going to the autopsy."
"You don't have to. We already know that a vampire did it."
"No, it won't! It will show that she was probably killed by a factual illness and your 'vampires' will be just fiction!"
I turned around and grabbed my case, suddenly powered with more strength by my anger. There was a soft thump from behind me.
I turned back around and saw Frank on the floor, convulsions running through him, his staring eyes dark and unclear.
"Frank!" I yelled, falling down beside him and slapping him around the face. He immediately snapped out of his trance. His face stayed startled for a few seconds while he worked out what he saw, and then he looked at me seriously and worridly.
He grabbed me by my jacket lapels and my shirt and held me close to him, our breath mingling.
"Don't go out tonight, something bad will happen..." he whispered mysteriously, his voice as if he was cut off from oxygen.
"Why?" I whispered back. He said nothing. His grip loosened and after a while he slipped away from me. I picked him up and leant him against the wall.
"Frank? Frank? Are you alright?"
He looked up to me.
"Yeah, fine," he mumbled. He stood up and, after one last lingering look, he walked away."
I stared after him, wondering what the hell he had meant. The thought of danger that very night made my heart race with wild anticipation, I would go out tonight... if someone didn't beat me to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update was meant to be longer, but I'll include it in the next update. I've noticed that not many people have read my story/subscribed to it/commented it. I feel very unloved so please comment or I may have to kill off Frank.
Enjoy your day.