To Break Our Hearts in Stride

Looking Back on the Past.

Gerard's POV
I shuddered from the cold as I searched through a forest.
"Mikey? Where the hell are you?" I shouted amongst the trees. I had been searching for hours through the thick forest, but had found nothing. There was no sign of anyone attempting to penetrate the forst, like the trees themselves were covering up everything. There was a sudden sharp crack behind me.
"Hello?" I called. No one answered back. I turned around. There was a dark figure standing a few feet away from me, breathing loudly, his back turned on me. It looked like Death had come to visit me.
"Who are you?" I asked. He turned around slowly and took back his hood. But instead of a face I saw a mask that resembled a crow. It covered all of his face but I could still see his green eyes staring fixedly on me.
"What do you want?" I said uncertainly, not expecting a reply. A moment later I was engulfed by darkness and could feel someone shaking me.

"Master Way? Are you alright?" I could hear a voice saying worridly.
"Get off me," I groaned. I sat up and blinked blearily at the person standing over me. Unsuprisingly it was Frank.
"What do you want?" I said, irritated.
"I-I need to change your bandages," he said. I had ripped off my bandages the night before when I was drunk. He pulled back my sleeves and blood began to trickle down my arms as Frank began to wound bandages around my arms in silence.
"How did I get these cuts anyway?" I asked.
"I don't know. I told you, I just found you this way in the woods," Frank said without looking at me. There was silence for a while as Frank tightened my bandages.
"Why did you even go into the forest? I told you not to," he said quietly. I ripped my arms out of his grip.
"You don't rule over me," I snapped. I got up and started to move things around on my desk, but I didn't hear the door click as Frank closed the door. I turned around and saw Frank, still standing, silent tears falling down his cheeks.
"Why are you crying?" I asked.
"It's nothing," he mumbled and brushed his tears away quickly like a child would. I pulled him into a tight hug, my first hug in a long time. Eventually we broke apart and looked at each other for a while.
"Are you sad about Mikey, too?" I said. He blushed.
"Yes, but I'm also sad about something else."
I nodded and we stood in silence for a while as Frank gathered himself together.
"Master Way?" he said timidly. "Can I ask you something?"
I nodded.
"Who was Cynthia?"
My body tensed up as he spoke her name.
"What did you say?"
"Do you know who Cynthia Valentine was?"
My heart broke as her name left his lips again, so much so that I couldn't hold back my anger and sadness.
"Don't ever say her name again, now get out!"
He scrambled out of the room as I threw a glass vase at him. It shattered as it met the wooden door and pieces flew and hit my face and neck. I was bleeding, but the pain on the inside was far worse than the pain on the outside. Inside my heart was bleeding, broken by Frank's words.