To Break Our Hearts in Stride

Stepping in, Falling Through.

Gerard's POV
"You can say what you like, Frank, I'm not going to tell you anything about her," I said, downing the large brandy I had poured myself.
"Please don't start drinking again," Frank said. "You know what happens when you drink."
"I don't care what happens anymore," I said. "I don't even care if I kill you."
Frank threw the bottle of brandy against the wall sos fast I hardly had time to react. The shards of the bottle pierced both mine and Frank's skin but I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel anything.

There was a silence that seemed to last a decade before anyone spoke.
"I'm sorry, Master Way," Frank whispered. "I'll clean this up."
I held out my arm to stop him.
"No, Frank. You shouldn't be made to clean this up. Just stop calling me Master Way and start calling me Gerard."
Frank seemed to shrink away even more as I said this, cowering from me.
"B-but sir," he stuttered. "It is a sign of politeness. Mr Way always--"
Suddenly I lost my nerve. I pushed Frank up against the wall and held him by his throat.
"I am not my brother!" I yelled in his face. "I am Gerard Way, always have been, always will be. You would not like it if I was angry, now would I, Mr Iero?"
Frank shook his head, whimpering slightly, small tears coming out of his tightly shut eyes. I tightened my grip on his neck and he desperately gasped for air, his eyes now bulging and looking upwards towards the ceiling.
"You will speak when you are being spoken to, didn't my brother tell you that?" I spat at him.
"Yes," Frank gasped quietly, his red eyes now flickering between being open and closed, even more tears flowing down his cheeks and his mouth opening and closing as he tried to breath. I loosened my grip and he instantly fell to the floor, coughing and wheezing. I straightened my tie.
"Thank God we got that sorted."

All of a sudden there was a bang at the door and Mikey fell through it.
"Gerard," he breathed softly, and lost consciousness.
"Mikey!" I shouted, and ran to his aid. He was covered in dirt and was bleeding slowly across the cold stone floor.
"What the hell happened?!" I yelled, the open door letting in a deathly cold breeze that made me shiver. I looked out towards the sky and saw the full moon high in the sky. Was all of this just a coincidence?