Status: Finished

Locked Away

Speak of the Devil

I was holding my baby. I had decided to go with the name Lillian Amelia Celeste Walker. I kissed her head all the time, and she looked just like me. She had my dark brown hair, sky blue eyes, and my nose, lips, and ears. Nothing belonged to Ryan. Good, since he hadn't been there for me at all during my pregnancy. I heard the door open and looked up, hoping to see Valerie, Will, or a nurse coming in.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed.

Ryan strolled in like he owned the place.

"Is that my baby?" he asked with outstretched arms.

"Biologically, yes, so I'll let you hold her."

I reluctantly gave Lillian to him.

"Her name is Lillian Amelia Celeste Walker. And she's not your baby, really. You weren't here for my pregnancy and you did jackshit for me," I almost shouted.

His head snapped up.

"What are you talking about? I was the best thing that ever happened to you!" he argued.

"No, Lillian is."

"I helped make her," he protested.

"Yeah, but she can't help that. Neither could I, you rapist," I spat back.

"It was consensual."

"Really, Ryan?" I asked sarcastically as I punched the nurse station button.

I let Ryan hold her a little longer as I waited for the nurse to arrive. He was looking at her, trying to see if she resembled him. He was obviously disappointed.

The nurse was now in the room.

She asked,"Yes, Miss Walker?"

"If he doesn't leave in five minutes, please call security," I told her.

"Yes, I will," she said.

She shot a glare at Ryan and left the room. She knew the story about him.

"What the hell is your problem?" Ryan asked.

"YOU! You...you abused me for years! How can you forget? And then you beat me and said the baby wasn't yours when I told you I was pregnant!" I shouted.

He looked shocked, as if I wasn't there to witness all of this. He said nothing to me, though. He knew what would happen to him if he did. New mothers could run like hell and kick ass just as well. I kept my eyes glued to Lillian to make sure she was alright.

"I think I know what Ma'dea would say in this situation," I mumbled.

I looked at the clock. He had about twenty seconds.

"Kiss her goodbye. You're leaving," I told him.

"No."

"Now."

"NO!"

I punched the button again and waited.

"Lisa, I love you!" he wailed.

"No, you don't."

The nurse came in with security, who grabbed him after he refused to go with him. The nurse grabbed Lillian and handed her back to me as Ryan fought the grip.

"Thank you," I mouthed to the nurse.

She smiled back.

Ryan started screaming at me,"I WILL FIND YOU AGAIN!"

He was dragged out the door and the nurse stood there with me laughing. I gave her two twenty dollar bills.

"I know I'm not required to tip, but you take twenty and give that guard twenty, please."

"Oh, thank you Miss Walker, but I can't-"

"Take it," I ordered.

She took it and said,"Thank you."

"No. Thank you. That man is Satan with herpes!" I said.

She laughed at this and left the room.

"It's okay, Lillian," I cooed. "That dumbass won't get you."