Status: Finished

Locked Away

*4 months later*

I was back at the realtor's office, filling out paperwork. My hair was a mess, and my clothes were wrinkled. The baby was kicking its hardest, and I hadn't even thought of a name yet. I had run into a lot of problems in those four months. My insurance company didn't want to let me buy the house, and every second I was terrified that Ryan would find me. He had really fucked me up.

A few hours later, my name was on the house. I was so excited! My first house! My mother would be proud, if she didn't think I was an alcoholic.

But one problem...I had no furniture...

...........................................................................................

"Lisa, I'd like you to meet my son William," Valerie said sweetly.

"Call me Will," he said, shaking my hand.

I smiled at him and looked at Valerie.

"Will, don't you have some furniture you don't want anymore?" she asked him, nudging him in the ribs.

"Yeah. Lisa, would you like to look at it?" he asked.

"Sure," I answered.

I followed him into his house. It was a typical bachelor pad. You could tell he had had a girlfriend, but things hadn't worked out so well. He showed me a bed, coffee table, breakfast table (which had a lot of scratches), and a refrigerator.

"Wow, how much?" I wondered.

"$200," he replied.

My heart stopped beating.

"Oh," I said, disappointed that he was asking for more than I had.

I guess he spotted my reaction so he said,"But I'll give it to you for $50."

"What? No, you don't have to," I said.

"C'mon."

I stared at him for a second to make sure he wasn't lying. He wasn't. I shook his hand.

"I'll take it."

He even loaded everything into his truck to take to my house! Will was perfect!

We were making sure we had everything that he had offered me back in his house.

"I think that's it," I murmured, looking up at him from a curtain of black hair.

He nodded slowly and grabbed my hand. His eyes went deep inside of my heart and I couldn't breathe. God, what the hell was he doing?

"If you need my number, here it is," he said finally.

He pressed a tiny scrap of paper into my palm and let go of my hand.

"Or in case you know...you wanna go to dinner?"

I laughed and said,"Okay, I'd love to."

He sighed in relief and replied,"How about Friday night? I'll pick you up at 6:00?"

"Sounds good."

He kissed my cheek. He was brave. No guy had ever kissed me shortly within knowing me! I let him and smiled before forcing my ass out the door to Valerie.

"Bye!" I called.

He waved back and smiled. I turned back around and blushed. Hopefully his mom wouldn't be hateful to me now.

"So...you've got a crush on Will?" she asked playfully.

She wasn't mad! Hallelujah!

"Yeah," I answered sheepishly.

"He likes you too. I could tell," she whisper-yelled.

I couldn't help but giggling like a drunk schoolgirl when I told her,"We're going out on Friday night."

Valerie was excited for me. She went crazy with me, and was squealing something about a perfect outfit she had for me when she started the car. Damn, there was a lot to do before Friday! My nails looked like shit, my skin felt dusty somehow, and I needed a new outfit.

"FUCK!" I yelled out suddenly.

Valerie looked at me.

"HE DOESN'T KNOW I'M PREGNANT!"