Status: Finished

Locked Away

Perfect Day?

I rolled to my side on my new bed. The bed that came from the perfect guy. I had been crying for four hours. Did I really fuck everything up like Angela said? I guess so. Today was supposed to have been a happy day. I moved into my new house, the baby wasn't kicking hard, and I hadn't thrown up all day. Then, when I met a sexy guy, I didn't even tell him I was pregnant.

I reached over and grabbed the phone. I had to tell Will the truth.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Will, it's Lisa. Are you busy?" I asked.

"No, babe, not at all."

"Well. Um. I...you see...I'm pregnant. I know, I know. My ex, see, he...Oh Jesus. We broke up when he found out I was pregnant. I'm so, so, sorry!"

He was silent.

"Please don't be angry."

"I'm not. I have a secret too. I'm gay."

"No you're not," I said unsurely.

"Yes. I am. I asked you out because I'm trying to make myself straight. My mom knows. I just hung up with her. She's cool with me; she already knows I'm gay, and she wants me to like girls if it makes me happy. But it doesn't."

It sounded long and thought-out. I guess he really wasn't mad.

"So...we're still friends?" I asked shyly.

"Always."

"Okay," I agreed.

Now it was a perfect day.