Status: Working on Chapter 14 currently. :)

High Queen Layla, It Has a Nice Ring to It

U N

Image

Layla and Yvainne Wynter stood on the side of the train station talking to each other as other students passed by going to see their friends and greet each other.

"I can't wait until I'm finally away from all of these preppy brats." Layla muttered to her sister.

Layla was short for her age, 5'1" to be exact, but what she lacked in height, she most definitely made up for in everything else. Her hair was a fire red, something she thought was 10 times better than her original Blonde hair, and her green eyes were alight with a burning passion that most had no clue she even had, considering she was considered the lazy troublemaker. The 16 year old had been in trouble so many times that many people spread around that she was invincible to the lashings they gave out. Truth was, she had never received lashings, at least none that were physical.

"Oh come off it, Layla. At least you have a friend; I on the other hand am all alone. You and Susan are too old and cool to hang out with me." Yvainne responded with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh please, Yve, you and Lucy are friends." Layla scorned with a glare.

"Talking to the girl once or twice when we both went to find you and little miss innocent does not make us friends." Yvainne murmured softly.

Yvainne, unlike her sister, was taller than most others her age, standing at 5’6”. Yvainne could talk the talk, but when it came down to it, she was defenseless. Yvainne had long white-blonde hair, the same color that Layla's would be, if she hadn't dyed it, but Yvainne's eyes were a crystal blue, one that sparkled, and displayed exactly how innocent she was. Being 14 Yvainne was 2 years older than the youngest Pevensie, but she was the same age as the younger girls brother, Edmund, the guy whom she just happened to have the largest possible crush on.

'Thump'

That was the noise that stopped Layla's reply and caused her to turn to view the scene that would change her life forever.

Peter Pevensie had been walking towards the two girls, probably on his way to try and flirt with Layla again, when Dylan Mickwood had bumped into him.

"You might want to apologize, I mean, it is your fault." Dylan said smartly as Peter began to turn away to once more head towards the girls.

"I don't think you deserve my apology." Peter replied without turning back, but then Dylan grabbed his arm.

That was when Peter threw the first punch.

And of course Dylan, being who he was, punched Peter in return, except he took it a step further and continuously beat on Peter, causing him to fall to the ground and others to join in.

Layla didn't know what came over her, but when she saw Peter get hit, she couldn't help but walk over to Dylan's best friend Eric, who was kicking Peter in the stomach while he was down, and tap him on the shoulder.

"Have a nice Fall." She said sweetly when he turned towards him; a look of confusion took over his features, causing Layla to have the perfect opportunity to throw her punch.

"Layla!" Yvainne called out to her older sister, hoping to get her attention, but when her sister kicked Dylan, whom was still punching Peter, she knew she had no hope.

Peter got up then as Layla swung a punch at another of Dylan's friends.

"I was doing fine thank you!" Peter snapped at Layla as she dodged a swing from Dylan who had gotten back off the floor from his previous position.

"Not from where I stood!" Layla shouted back as she hit Dylan square in the jaw.

"Layl-" Yvainne tried again coming closer to her sister, but she was cut off when one of the boys who had joined the fray hit her.

That was when Layla's anger flared. Layla kicked at the boy who had hit her sister and got him right where it would do the most damage. Layla was ready to start hitting him more when Edmund jumped in the fight.

"This is for hitting a girl!" She heard him shout at the guy, "And this is because that girl was Yvainne!"

Layla turned back just in time to dodge another punch from Dylan.

That was when they heard the whistle.

"Break it up! That's enough! Come on!" a man shouted at them; Layla had Dylan on the ground and was straddling him to keep him down.

"Nighty Night bastard," She said with a smirk before throwing the last punch of the fight.

"Act your age!" the man who pulled Layla up told her. She snapped at him, as if she was going to bite him, before looking towards her sister. She was being helped by Edmund though, so Layla decided to help Peter with his bloody nose.

"Need help?" She asked him as he sat wiping his nose.

"I never needed your help in the first place." Peter snapped.

Layla scoffed, "Quit with the bloody noble act. Nobody buys it, and besides, it felt good to punch Dylan. You just gave me the perfect excuse to do what I've wanted to do ever since he..." Layla trailed off not wanting Peter to know what had really happened when she and Dylan had split a year ago. Layla smirked as Peter failed miserably at trying to clean himself up. Kneeling beside him Layla took the handkerchief and softly dabbed at the blood that was dripping from his nose.

"You're actually... being nice to me?" Peter stated, but it ended up sounding more like a question. Layla chuckled as she took his chin in her hand and gently turned his head to find other cuts.

"I'm not that fierce. Not when I don't need to be at least." Layla replied softly cleaning up the other cuts.

"Are you joking? No other girl I know would've jumped into that fight! No other girl would've thrown that good of a punch, let alone thrown a punch at all!" Peter exclaimed. Layla turned his head back so that she could stare straight into his eyes. "No other girl would have come out of that without so much as a mark on them." It came out soft, and the look in his eyes showed admiration, and a couple other things Layla didn't want to see in his eyes.

"Yeah well, I'm not any other girl you know am I? And don't say I never did anything for you." Layla replied with a bit of malice in her voice, "Not to mention that I didn't come out unscathed; just unscathed as far as you can see." Layla murmured lifting her own shirt for him to see the bruise forming on her ribs. Peter's eyes widened and he began to get up. Layla would've sworn she heard him say, "I'm gonna kill him." But she wasn't exactly sure. Either way Layla pulled him back down.

"Peter!" Layla turned to see Susan running towards them. "What were you thinking, and Layla, why in the world would you join a fight, of all things!?"

"Let's settle down before we get into details." Lucy suggested as she came over, Edmund and Yvainne at her side.

~*~

As Edmund sat down next to Peter on the bench the six had settled on the first words to come out of his mouth were, "You're welcome."

"That's right, I haven't once heard a 'Thank you, Layla' out of you." Layla agreed turning to face the boy sat next to her.

Immediately Peter stood up as he said, "I had it sorted."

Layla sat dumbfounded as he looked away from them. After what she did for him, she figured she deserved an award or something. "What was it this time?" Susan asked, exasperation clear in her voice.

"He bumped me." Peter replied simply.

"So you hit him?" Lucy asked.

"No." Peter began to explain but Layla cut him off.

"After Dylan bumped him, he tried to force him to apologize. Peter tried to walk away, but he grabbed his arm, and that was when he threw the punch." Layla stood up and walked over to put a hand on his shoulder. "I joined in once I saw Peter get hit. It was a perfect opportunity considering I've been dying to hit Dylan after..." Layla once again trailed off, because Susan knew exactly what she was talking about. "Edmund didn't join in until Yvainne got hit." Layla finished with a sigh.

"Is it really that hard just to walk away?" Susan asked directing it at Peter.

"I shouldn't have to!" Peter exclaimed moving out of Layla's grip. "I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like Kids?"

Edmund's eyes flicked between the two girls who weren't part of the Pevensie's before his eyes landed once more on Peter and he said, "Um, we are kids."

But whatever message Edmund had been trying to send didn't work because the next words out of Peter's mouth were, "Well, I wasn't always."

Layla looked at him in confusion, ‘What the hell is he on about now?’ she wondered as she watched him carefully, as if trying to figure out what he was talking about just by his actions; Yvainne's eyes on the other hand widened with intrigue.

"Peter..." Susan had a warning in her voice but he ignored it as he made his way back to the bench saying. "It's been a year. How long does he expect us to wait?" Layla followed his motion and sat back on the bench beside him.

When they were both sat on the bench Susan looked at her brother and with warning still in her voice replied, "I think it's time to accept that we live here. It's no use pretending any different." Susan sighed as she glanced away from them and then Layla heard an, "Oh No..." from her.

Layla looked at Susan worried, "What's wrong?"

"Pretend you're talking to me." Susan demanded suddenly.

Yvainne chuckled and looked at her, "In case you haven't noticed we happen to be talking to you already."

Susan scoffed and rolled her eyes looking at Layla. "Don't look at me!" Layla exclaimed to her best friend. "She gets that from her father."

"Ow!" Lucy exclaimed suddenly jumping up from her seat.

"Quiet, Lu." Susan muttered to her but Lucy continued.

"Something pinched me!" She cried to explain herself.

"Stop pulling! I know I'm irresistible, but really Layla?!" Peter exclaimed standing himself.

Layla scoffed, "I wouldn't touch you if you were the last- Ow! Yvainne!"

"I didn't do anything!" Yvainne yelped jumping up at the same time as her sister.

"Look, would all of you just... What is that?!" Susan exclaimed standing herself.

"It feels like Magic." Lucy said suddenly.

"What?!" Layla exclaimed suddenly wondering if her friends all belonged in the loony bin.

"Quick, everyone hold hands." Susan demanded. For once in her life Layla didn't try and defy directions, firmly grasping Peter's hand and Yvainne's.

The train passing in front of them was moving quickly and seemed to be accelerating every moment. The lights flickered over head, and tiles began coming off the walls. Every one, except the Pevensie's and the Wynter's seemed completely oblivious to what was happening but Layla wasn't exactly sure she was seeing things right anyways.

Peter and the others were looking around as though this was an everyday happening. But when the railing above the tunnel came off Layla yelped and gripped his hand tighter causing him to look at her.

Soon she began seeing blue through the windows of the train, and she felt Peter's hand squeeze her own, causing her to look at his face, which looked pretty adorable with the questioning look, she had to admit. Then she caught herself. 'What the hell am I thinking?!'

Shaking her head she turned back forward and the next thing she saw was the last of the train going by and suddenly a beach appeared where the tunnel used to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story I began not long ago.

Chapter 1. :)

I'm working on Chapter 2...

Yeah thats about it. :P

OH Banner Made by me. :)

Happy Reading,
Kaylee Lovett

[edited 8/15/13]