Status: Hiatus....

Sink Into Me

Chapter six!

The next day, nothing felt the same. It was like I could read their thoughts… and they could read mine.

Now, every time one of those… vampires looked me up and down, I could feel their teeth dragging into my skin and tearing open my exposed flesh. Mikey didn’t seem to care. All he could talk or think about what Heather and how sexy she would look with fangs.

“Be quiet. This is serious! I’ve done my research. They eat people like us. We’re the only ones, and they already stick their noses all up on us like we’re fresh baked apple pie, only with… BLOOD! OH MY GOD, MIKEY, WE’RE GOING TO DIIIEEE!”

Mikey, who had returned to his quiet self, didn’t say anything. He just grabbed his backpack and walked to the bus. I followed, sulking more than usual.

At the stop, we saw Brendon. “I know why your mom thinks you’ll suck me dry,” I said in a low voice.

He looked at me through the corner of his eye. “You do?”

I nodded. “Yeah, and it’s fucking creepy.”

Brendon frowned. “I’m just like you… only dead. And I eat blood. No biggie.”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s why you’re creepy. I don’t like the idea of being eated.”

“You mean eaten?” Mikey asked.

“Yes. You know what I mean, Mr. Sammich Man! That’s not the point!” My voice rose. “They’re like cannibals! They eat flesh and blood and they have no remorse! But I digress.”

Brendon cleared his throat as we got on the bus. “We don’t eat flesh. You have us confused with zombies… they live in Cherry Blossom, Wisconsin.”

I rolled my eyes harder. “Not. The. Point. Just stay away from me, Urie. I don’t want your fangs in my jugular.”

“You know what, Gerard? My mom told me that I couldn’t hang out with you, but I was willing to risk getting in trouble to do it anyway. I was even going to invite you to join glee club with me, but your chances, Way, ruined them!” Brendon stomped away, shaking his butt tauntingly. We rode in silence until the bus arrived at the school.

“You fucked up,” Mikey said quietly.

“Shut up,” I said “I don’t want to be in stupid glee club anyway.” Though, I’ve always wanted to do a poppy Madonna cover, but I digress.

“Mikey!” We looked towards the voice and a peppy redhead was jumping up and down, waving her arms.

“Gotta go,” Mikey said “that’s Heather.”

“Please, my brother, be careful,” I warned, before letting him go.

When I was alone, I decided that since I had some time before the bell, I would sit under a tree and draw. I let my pen glide across the page freely. I found myself drawing a pair of green brown-speckled eyes. These eyes belonged to Mr. Iero.

“What are you drawing?” I jumped, closing the sketchbook. Pete stood before me. “Hi,” I breathed.

“Hey.” He sat next to me. He was wearing a sweatshirt that said ‘F.U.’ on the bottom and ‘Fangs Up’ next to it. I laughed a little on the inside.

He looked at me with eyes lined with kohl better than mine. “People probably told you about me.”

I nodded. “You’re a half-breed. Half human, half-,” I stopped. I couldn’t even say it.

“Vampire,” he finished. “I’m ridiculed like I’m some kind of mutt. Vampires and humans aren’t supposed to mate.”

“Do you ever feel alone?” I asked suddenly.

“Of course,” he answered, “until I found out you were here.”

I glanced nervously around the castle grounds. “You’re dangerous,” I said.

Pete shook his head. “No. I don’t crave blood the way the others do. Besides, I’d never hurt another person.” His perfectly lined eyes looked shiny with tears.

“Why?”

Pete dramatically turned his head. My hand rested on his thigh. “You can talk to me,” I said.

He looked at me and smiled. “I’d never hurt you, Gerard,” he said, a tear falling down his face “Never.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, but here you go, people. :)