Status: Rate, message & subscribe. Tell your friends about it. Merci ^^

Premonitions

Chapter 12: The Parisian Bliss

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't meant to snap like I did but this hasn't been an easy day for us, you know?”, he told Vanessa, visibly sorry for reacting in such an angry way.

“That's OK, Johnny, I understand this isn't easy in any way. For any of us. Nice to meet you, Eleanor.”, she said, turning to Eleanor and extending a hand at her. Eleanor walked to where Vanessa was standing and took her hand, giving it a light squeeze.

“Nice to meet you too, Vanessa”, she told her now sister trying to put on her best smile. It was too weird to meet Johnny's ex like that. The woman who broke his heart though the one who left him free. Any other way, she knew Johnny would have never noticed her in the first place, let alone leave Vanessa to be with her.

“I don't intend on staying too long, though. I know it's kinda late for me to show up like this but my mother, well, our mother I mean, just told me about you and I got curious about you. I've always dreamed of having a little brother or sister back when I was a kid. I guess my dream came true, only I didn't knew about it yet. I only wish I'd known about you before.”, Vanessa explained, sighing melancholic.

“I know the feeling. Many times I wondered what would it be like to have siblings. Especially older than me.”

“Yeah, it would have been great to have someone other than my parents around while I was growing up. But no matter what we still have time for that, don't you think?”

“I'm sure we can meet again for a nice chat before we have to get back to the U.S”, she told her with a warm smile, Vanessa starting to grow on her.

“And when do you leave?”

“Next week, I believe. Just as soon as we wrap up shooting here.”

“OK, I'll call you before that then. I have to go now, I have to be up early tomorrow.”

“Any modeling work?”, Johnny inquired.

“Actually no. I just began recording my next album this week.”

“Yeah, I remember you intended in getting back to the studio this year.”

“Yeah, it's been a while since I've recorded anything”, she nodded, recalling her last work, “Divinidylle”, when everything in her life was absolutely perfect. She had the most amazing man with her and the best children a mother could ever ask for. Anyone would want a life like the one she had when she decided to do such a reckless action by cheating on Johnny. She cheated on the most wonderful man, lover, dad and and overall human being she have ever met just to satiate a stupid curiosity with a guy that meant nothing but a physical attraction. A fling that lead nowhere but to the end of her long-term relationship with Johnny and the end of their paradise. And there she was seeing her new found sister with the man that used to be hers, knowing she had to endure with that fact but feeling he was in good hands. She felt an immediate connection with Eleanor and felt like that was the start of a something new but nonetheless, great. She didn't felt at ease seeing Johnny with another woman, just a few months he had broke it off with her and he had already moved on. But something told her he was going to be happy with Eleanor and as much as she loved him, she felt content for him.

“You're staying at your parents' place, aren't ya? Kiss the kids for me, OK?”, Johnny asked her, already missing their children.

“Yes, I'm staying there. I'll tell them you miss them.”, she said, giggling as she knew Johnny couldn't stay far from his daughter and son for too long. “Eleanor, it was really nice to meet you. I hope we can sit and talk one of these days before you have to go. And I hope you think about it all and give mom a chance. She's an amazing mother and this isn't easy for her as well.”, she pleaded, hugging Eleanor and Eleanor hugged back.

“I'll sleep over it and think it through, I promise.”, was all she could guarantee, still feeling angry with the woman she had to call her mother from that day on.

Vanessa pulled away from the hug and moved to hug Johnny. He hugged her back and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She told them both goodbye and made her way towards the door. Johnny walked her to the door and watched as she drove off. He went back inside the house and closed the door behind him.

“What a day!”, he exclaimed as he leaned his back against the wooden door and sighed, with his mind spinning in confusion with the whole idea of his ex and his girlfriend being sisters. Boy, he really knew how to pick them!

“I'm gonna go upstairs and get ready for bed. I'm kinda exhausted”, Eleanor told him.

“Yeah, me too”, he said, abandoning the plans he had made for them for that night.

“I'm sorry you had to go through this with me, Johnny!”, she said when he joined her on the bed.

“It's not your fault this had happened, Ellie”, he told her, pulling the covers above them. “It's just a shame it'd happened today, just when we finally got together. Luckily, we have tomorrow all for ourselves...”. He held her in his arms as a wide smile got plastered in his face, his expectations for the next day began to form in his mind.

Starting to feel sleepy she snuggled up to him and rested her face against his smooth chest, letting herself drift into slumber.

She woke up with a strong sunlight hitting her face. She looked at the digital alarm clock on top of the nightstand on her side and saw it was still too early. She yawned and relaxed as she could stay in bed as longer as usual for that day. She snuggled up to Johnny as she suddenly felt his grip around her waist tightening.

“I love you, Eleanor.”, she heard him whisper in a husky, low voice, his sweet scent of cigarettes and cologne filling her senses. She turned to face him and saw he was still asleep, concluding he was dreaming of her. She gazed dreamily at the beautiful sight in front of her, grinning as she was sure of his feelings for her. She rested her head against his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat till she fell back to sleep.

“Johnny?”, she muttered as she woke up and saw the empty space on the bed next to her. Laying sleepless on her back, she remembered what her life used to be like not very long ago, her simple life as a stage actress. Her 'other life' as she liked to call it, was almost monotone compared to this 'new life' she was living. She felt like being on a non-stopping roller coaster, everyday a new adventure with new emotions and new problems. All of it really new and strange for her. But in the middle of it all she wasn't afraid of what life still had on hold for her. As long as she had Johnny with her, she felt she would have the strenght to overcome everything in her way.

He entered the room in a rush to put down the tray full of food. As he was thinking that maybe he had done enough food for a platoon he looked at Eleanor who was seemingly lost on thought, contemplating the ceiling. He smiled at himself at her sight, feeling that butterflies on his stomach when we see someone we love. She finally stepped out of her reveries and acknowledged the breakfast lying next to her. He pushed the tray a bit further, climbed up the bed and leaning down he kissed her lightly. When he pulled away she sat up, resting her back against the headboard.

“You didn't have to do this, you know?”, she said, feeling spoiled at the new attention she was receiving. She wasn't used to be treated like that.

“Yeah, but can't a guy do something nice for his girl?” he asked, almost feeling unappreciated.

“I'm sorry, I'm just not used to be treated nicely, that's all”, she smiled in an assuring way.

“You better get used to it, then! Now eat up, we've got a big day ahead.”

“I could stay in bed the whole day, just hiding from the rest of the world with you...”

"As much as I'd love to put that idea into practice, I was thinking that maybe we could go out today, you know, to show you Paris around.”

“I'd love to but are you sure it's safe to leave the house? I mean, I don't feel like having Paparazzi following us around all day”, she asked him, apprehensive.

“No, it's not like that in here, I assure you. And they don't know even know about us.”

“Yet!”

“We can go undercover, if you want to. Hats, sunglasses, the whole shebang! I'd really love to show you this magical city... It's so different from America, in so many ways!”

“OK, I wanna go. Today it'll be just us and our feelings, no cameras, no lights, no make-up...”

“...No Tim bossing us around...”, he joked, making the both of them laugh lightly.

“I'm done with eating. Paris awaits us, whenever you're ready!”, she said determinately when she finished her breakfast, putting the covers away and preparing to get off the bed but he grabbed her arm, stopping her actions.

“Hey!”, he called, making her shift her attentions to him, pulled her closer and pecked her lips. “I love you”, he whispered on her ear, and gave a little kiss behind her ear.

“I love you too”, she replied, kissing his cheeks, those high cheeks she had always loved. “But we should really go get ready”, she finished, giving him a light squeeze on his cheek, making him chuckle.