Status: Rate, message & subscribe. Tell your friends about it. Merci ^^

Premonitions

Chapter 14: Today's gossip is tomorrow's headline.

It took more 7 takes but finally a pleased looking Tim yelled “Cut! It's a wrap for today.
Thank you all and see you tomorrow.”.

Saturday was passed on the set, shooting from till late at night. On Sunday they only worked during morning and spent the whole afternoon walking around Paris. It was
a bad day to be on the freezing Parisian streets but a perfect day to catch a cold and Eleanor was sporting a not-so-warm trench coat for the day being. By the time they got home she couldn't stop sneezing.

“Atishoo!”, she sneezed again and felt herself getting ill. “I think I'm gonna make some tea and head straight to bed. I'm not feeling so hot...”

“I had no idea it'd be this cold today. You go upstairs and get in bed. I'll make the tea.”, he offered, taking his jacket off, making his way to the kitchen.

Monday morning came and she wasn't feeling any better when she woke up. Her head ached as if someone had been doing tap dance on it all night.

“Ughhh...”, she moaned in pain when she tried to get up from the bed.

“What's wrong, darling?”, he asked, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes and turning to her side to look at her.

“My head... My throat... It hurts!”, she answered, bringing her knees to her stomach, feeling all of her body hurting.

He ran a hand through her forehead.

“My God, you're burning! You must have caught a flu or something...”, a worried tone to his voice. “You can't go to work today like that. I'm calling Tim telling him we won't be working today. I'm taking you to a doctor.”, he told her firmly and determined, reaching for his cell. He sat up and was about to start dialing Tim's number when Eleanor grabbed his wrist, stopping his actions.

“We have to go, there's scenes to be shot, we can't stay here and delay everything. I'll be alright, I'm sure.”

“Are you out of your mind, Eleanor? You have a bad fever and probably a flu and yet you think you can afford going outside and expose yourself to those awful weather conditions? I'm calling Tim right now!”, Johnny said sternly. He yanked his wrist away from Eleanor's weak grip and dialed Tim's number. “Yeah, hi Tim, it's me. Listen, we won't be able to go to work today. I'm taking Ellie to see a doctor, I think she's got a flu. What do you mean I gotta go to work today? OK, I understand but I gotta take her first. OK, see you later.”, he sighed, not really wanting to let his sick girl by herself all afternoon.

“Look, love. I really gotta go to the set today and get some shooting done but I promise you I'll concentrate and deliver my scenes real fast so I get here right after.”

“It's OK, Johnny. Take your time and don't worry. I don't think I'm dying.”, she smiled at
him, trying not to get him too worried, though she felt like shit at the moment.

“All right, baby. You stay here, take your medicines and rest. When you wake up I'll be
back.”, Johnny told her and kissed her before leaving the apartment. She sighed heavily as soon as she heard him shut the door and leave, already missing him. She did like he told her and took the antibiotic and the flu med and laid on the couch. She watched T.V for a while and then fell asleep, the medication kicking in and making her feel sleepy. Three hours later she woke up and Johnny hadn't got back yet. Feeling better she brought herself to a sitting position and picked up the remote from the floor. She turned the T.V on and began to surf through the channels in search of something to entertain her while she waited for Johnny to return home. Soon something caught her attention. Some channel was showing pictures of her, holding hands with Johnny as they walked to the health clinic entry, that morning. She sat up and turned the sound louder, her eyes wide, not believing what she was seeing.

“As you can see, 47-year-old A-list actor, Johnny Depp, has found a new love. We're talking about 34-year-old actress, Eleanor Parker, his co-star in Sinful, the movie he's currently shooting with director and friend, Tim Burton. The couple have been seen together entering a health clinic in Paris this morning. We couldn't discover the purpose of their visit but we could tell they seemed deeply in love, despite of Depp's visibly worried semblance. As always, we will get back to you with more details on this new romance soon. This was Cathy Stevens for E! News.”

“My ass you will!”, she shouted angry, turning the TV off.

“Ah, I see you found out for yourself.”, Johnny said, entering the house.

“Yeah. You knew about this already?”

“Yes. My sister Christi called me as soon as she heard about it.”, he said, sitting by Eleanor
on the couch. “Those filthy scumbags! Don't worry, honey. I'm not gonna let them get the dirty, little details they so crave for. Few people know about us so they won't find out
as much.”, he tried to get her to relax, pulling her into a warm hug.

“But know everyone will know. We won't get a second of privacy from now on.”, she told him her worries, resting her head on his shoulder.

“It's gonna be tough, love, but we'll always have Paris. And my island. I can't wait to take
you to Fuck Off island! No one will mess with us there. It's my perfect private piece of
heaven. Other than that, are you feeling any better? Got any rest?”

“Yeah.”, she nodded. “At least the fever seems to be gone and my head isn't hurting much.”

“Oh, that's good to hear. I brought some Chinese for our diner if you're hungry.”

“I'd love that, but I feel like taking a nice, long bath. I feel kinda icky.”

“I could use a bath too, you know?”, he said in a more than suggestive tone.

“I suppose you could join me to sail such perilous waters, Captain...”, she teased, with a playful smile in her lips.

“Captain Jack Sparrow, at yer service, milady...”, he curtsied, playing the same game.

She grinned widely, almost forgetting her flu, while Johnny scooped her up to his arms and started to make his way to the stairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You know what's the best part of my day?”, he asked her while they sat up eating the
Chinese take out food in bed.

“No.”, she said, her back resting against his smooth, well toned chest while she nibbled on
the food in the paper container he was holding while he sat against the head of the bed.

“It's when I make love to you. That's when you get that spark in your eyes, telling me the
intensity of your feelings for me.” he answered

“If I didn't know better, I'd say you stole that line from one of your movies, Mr. Depp.”

“It's how I feel. I really love you and I really care about you. The idea of losing you makes
me shiver. But I know you'll leave me some day, you're too good for me. You'll just leave
me for some younger Hollywood hunk.”

“Johnny, I would never do that to you! I've always loved you and I'll always will. Maybe
you'll be the one who'll leave me.”

“I may go after some younger models, yeah, but I promise I'll always be there to fuck you
like an animal in heat, darling.”

“See? I know you'll be the one cheating on me someday. Hey, maybe you can bring Orlando Bloom and I can have some fun with both of you.”, she joked.

“No, no, no, no honey. You'll get either me or me. I don't share. I didn't know you fancied
him too.”, his voice was serious and grave. He didn't thought she was playing with him.

“I don't really fancy him. I was just trying to make you a little jealous. It's just too easy”, she
giggled.

“I wasn't jealous. I just don't share my women with guys. Just for the record, do you fancy
anyone else?”

“Hmm, I fancied Dustin Nguyen for a while. Cute butt cheeks he has.”

“How do you know he has cute butt cheeks? You fucked him or something?”, he made her
turn around and face him, searching for the truth in her piercing green eyes. She could tell he was definitely jealous.

“I did. Nicest fuck I've ever had, actually.”, Eleanor was trying not bursting in laughter at the priceless look in his face. She was lying, of course, but she wanted to see where that would lead them.

“Is that so? Let's see if he could do better than this.”, he proposed. He made her lay on
the bed, her back facing the mattress, his body laying atop hers and his legs between hers.
He parted his lips and kissed her but when she reached up to his face he stopped her
intentions, grabbing her wrists and pinned them down. Driven by the jealousy that
threatened to consume him, he was set on giving her the greatest pleasure she would ever
know. He didn't care if he didn't get much pleasure. It was pleasurable enough to him to
see her body contorting in desire. Better than that, he wanted to make sure he'd top his ex co-pal in 21 Jump Street so he made love to her softly, taking his time, adoring her body
almost in a worshiping way, as if she was a goddess. He sure had gotten older but aging
didn't taught him how to control his jealousy. He simply couldn't picture the woman he
was with with another man that wasn't him. That have always been the biggest issue in all his relationships, that's what ended things between him and the mother of his children. The thought of Eleanor with some other man sent him haywire. That night he would be the best lover she'd ever have. The way her body responded to his touch was living proof of that fact to him.

She woke up well-rested, the effects of the flu reduced to the minimum, no fever, no head
aches. Just a sore throat and a very annoying dripping nose. She turned to Johnny's side and pecked the tip of his nose. He moaned, complaining of being awake but snatched her to his arms.

“How's the flu?”, he wanted to know, his voice still husky.

“Better. At least I think the fever's gone for good. Head ache too. Great doctor to give me the right meds.”

“I didn't knew I could cure the flu just by making sweet, great love to you. But it's good to
know.”, he smirked proudly.

“I wasn't talking about you, silly man. I was referring to the doctor at the clinic. But yeah,
you weren't bad.”
“Weren't bad is all you think that was? That's because he's Asian, isn't it? Though you
didn't complained last night. I've never seen you so aroused, the way you moaned my name spoke volumes. I bet the neighbors didn't got a shut eye 'cause of you.”

“I'm just messing with you, lover boy! It was really amazing. You were the best ever. And, no I never had anything to do with Dustin Nguyen, I never even met him.”, she confessed at last, smiling wholeheartedly.

“So, that cute cheek butts comment was only intended to piss me off?”, he demanded,
puzzled.

“Not to piss you off, just to get you on your toes. But I still think his ass is cute. I saw it on a
movie he's in. It's a shower scene with Kate Blanchette. But I gotta say I like yours better,
always did.”

“And in the end we're both happy. You had the best night in your life and I had my ego
massaged.”

“The best night of my life will always be the night we did it for the first time. The night you
said you loved me.”

“And I do love you, Ellie. But don't try to make me jealous anymore, please. It drives me
mad.”

“I don't know, I might want the second round of last night...”, she teased.

“Oh Ellie, what you do to me! I don't think I can have another night like that, I'm a middle
aged man, for god sake!”

“Don't talk like that! You're not 70, are you? You're in better shape than a lot of younger
guys.”

“I'll try to believe you, sweetheart. You didn't knew me when I was young, I could go on all
night. Come to think of it, I think we should try to pull an all-nigther.”

“I think we should try it some time. Hey now, don't we have to be somewhere else?”

“Not we, I have to go. You're staying here. You may be feeling better but you're not in conditions to get back to work.”

“But, Johnny...”

“No buts, missy. You are staying here.”, he said, with a resolute and final look, in a very fatherly way.

“What are you now? My father? I'm totally going, I'm not staying here alone.”

“I can send Ally here or Keira so you won't be alone. I can even send Mr. cute butt cheeks if
you want to.”, he'd try anything to keep her home.

“That all sounds very appealing but I want to go. I can't be without you all day, plus I still
have scenes to shoot. And I'm sure Tim wants me to be there.”

“That's all very nice, but what if you get worst by going outside, exposing your sick self to
those winter conditions, huh? And I hate to tell you this but one day will come that we're
going to be away from each other for periods of 3 or more months. And I'll have to kiss
another women and you'll have kiss another men. But I'll promise you I'll never kiss them
the way I kiss you, that's just for you. I just hope you do the same.”

“My dear Johnny, it took me almost 20 years to find you. I've done that for all of my life. I
swore myself I would never kiss anyone the way I wanted to kiss you. And I never did.”,
she caressed his cheeks with her fingertips and smiled, reassuring him.

She got up and got dressed. He followed her steps while she went downstairs and arranged breakfast for both of them. He haven't yet joined her when she got a phone call from Vanessa telling her she could have the paternity test done that afternoon. That was it. She was just so close to find out the truth about her real past, the one her mother had denied her for too many years.
All of a sudden she felt the weight of everything she had learned about her family falling
down on her and she burst in tears.
“It smells like burned food... Oh Jesus, you're letting the eggs burn, Ellie!”, Johnny
exclaimed, turning off the stove. “What happened? Why are you crying, my love?”, he
inquired, involving her in a tight, caring hug.

“Vanessa just called. It's this afternoon.”, she informed him, sobbing lightly into his chest.

“Oh...”, he understood immediately what she was referring to.

“Oh shit, I ruined the breakfast!”, she lamented, taking a look at the burnt eggs.

“It alright, love. I can grab something on the way. I'm getting late, anyway. Just tell me you'll be alright.”

“I'll be fine, Johnny...”, she said in a more or less convincing tone, trying to assure him.

“As soon as I'm done I'll be heading straight to the clinic. I'll call to check on you when I get a chance, OK? I love you.”, he told her, kissing her tenderly.

Eleanor sighed as she watched her sweet man leaving. Thoughts of what would be happening that afternoon arouse her mind. She wasn't ready to face her fate but she knew it had to be done. She, more than any of those involved, deserved to know the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all of my readers for staying with me =)
I'd like to have more comments, though... Only Dear Jimmy goes out of her way to say something every time I update. Thanks so much, sweetie <3

xoxo Andreia