Status: previously known as 'Forbidden Love'

The Right Kind of Wrong

Dismantle. Repair.

Lying sprawled out on her front on a stretcher in an unfamiliar room, a familiar buzzing surrounding her and a very familiar pain emitting from her side, Emily kept her eyes closed as she focused on breathing through the pain. Never a person who really liked pain, she surprised even herself at how well she could channel it.

One pain for another sort of pain…

“You okay?” the man beside her asked as he noticed a lone tear escape the corner of her eye and slowly roll down her cheek.

“Yeah,” she smiled briefly, looking over at him and nodding slightly. “Just keep going.”

“If you're sure you can handle it,” he replied, having heard that one many times before.

“I'm sure,” she nodded, a note of finality in her voice as she looked over at him, before once again burying her face in the crock of her arm.

“Alright,” he smiled slightly before continuing.

The feeling of the needle pricking her skin in a quick pattern once again resuming, she hissed initially before once again forcing herself to breath in a steady pattern.

One pain substituting another one…

Repeating it like a mantra in her head, she told herself to keep thinking about something besides the initial source of the pain. She was leaving that part of her life behind her; she was turning a new leaf, writing a new chapter in the book that was her life…

Or at least that’s what she was trying to do.

But like most things in life it was easier said than done. And she had no idea if she was even on the right path, the one that was meant for her, the one that was going to move her forwards in her life.

Blinking rapidly, she glanced over her shoulder and tried to get a glimpse of the words being permanently inked to her skin.

‘Dismantle. Repair.’

Her whole life had come crashing down around her just recently and everything she thought as normal, everything she had planned was thrown out the window. Just like that. And now she was trying desperately to rebuild what little was left of her own person and her own life…

Nothing was left of what she had thought was her future and she really had no idea where she was going or what she was doing right now. The only thing she knew, that she had promised herself, was that once she was done, once she left the unfamiliar tattoo parlor she would put the cutting pain behind her and only look forwards.