Status: previously known as 'Forbidden Love'

The Right Kind of Wrong

Sleep-Over’s

Suppressing a yawn as she was typing away on her laptop, sitting cross-legged in the large couch in the living room at the house Chris shared with Gregoire and Eidsness, Emily glanced out of the large windows and frowned as she saw the rain pouring down and the trees swaying in the hard wind. Glancing down at the large watch on her arm, her eyes widened as she realized the time. “I should probably head back to my dorm,” she threw out there as she looked over just in time to see Chris look up from the notebook he was writing in.

They were having their own little study group, just like they’d had for the past couple of weeks, though because of the storm and the library being closed for inventory, they were at Chris’ place instead.

“Already?” he asked as he looked over at her.

“It’s getting late,” she shrugged simply. “And I can’t stop yawning, I've been doing it for almost an hour now,” she admitted softly.

“It’s really coming down out there,” he noted as he looked out through the windows, the lawn outside being completely drenched in the heavy downpour. “Stay here,” he suggested, looking back at her. “It’s crazy out there, I don’t want you driving in this and besides, we’re leaving for Alaska in the morning,” he reminded her. “You won’t be seeing me for days,” he pointed out, a smirk spreading across his lips.

“I think you’ll live,” she rolled her eyes as she saved her document and then closed her laptop. “But…but I’ll stay,” she said quietly, looking over at him through her long lashes. They weren’t really anything but friends, so she knew that by staying over, without alcohol or raw, amazing sex being involved, it could very easily change the parameters of whatever the relationship was between them.

“Great,” he smiled at her. “Just grab whatever you want to sleep in,” he told her, looking at her for a moment longer before going back to his notebook.

“Okay,” she nodded as she moved her laptop into its bag and placed it by the side of the couch she was sitting on. Lingering for a moment, she stood up from the couch and jogged up the stairs to the upper floor of the house. She’d been in his room more times than she could count so walking through the door she wasn't especially bothered by rummaging through the clothes in his dresser.

Pulling out a simple t-shirt with the almost obligatory UND print on it, she reached over and pushed the door shut as she quickly shed her own top, dropping it on a chair before pulling the large t-shirt over her head. She was tall, but Chris was much taller, so it still reached about the middle of her thigh and she didn’t even bother with trying to find some pants to wear. After all, it wasn't anything he hadn’t seen before…

Leaving her jeans on she left the room and walked down the hall to the bathroom, frowning slightly as she realized she wouldn’t be able to brush her teeth. Watching her face quickly, she rinsed her mouth with some mouthwash before pulling out her hair from its ponytail and running her fingers through it. At times like these, she really cursed herself for never having learned to carry around a brush or at least a comb in her bag.

Washing her hands once again, she dried them off before switching off the lights and walking back into Chris’ bedroom. Leaving the door slightly ajar, she stepped out of her jeans and removed her socks before pushing away the covers of the bed and crawling into it.

Placing her head on the pillow she’d slept on before, she tried to swallow another yawn as she pulled the covers over her body. Snuggling further into the comfortable bed, she could hear the rain still coming down in buckets outside the window and she smiled softly as she heard snores coming from the room on the other side of the wall.

During her second night in the house, she’d found that Eids was a snorer, and she had yet to spend one night in the same house as him and not hear him snore.

The door opening and closing on the bottom floor, she smiled softly as she heard a familiar voice before someone jogged up the stairs. “’Night Em.”

“Good night, Jason,” she blushed softly. She knew that she was jumping from the ashes straight back into the fire, but something told her to stay put and not run, what it was she had no idea, but she’d followed that little voice before and things usually turned out alright. So why not again…

Turning on her side, she was slowly falling asleep when she heard the door open and close only moments before the edge of the bed dipped and she could feel Chris crawling in next to her.

Feeling him wrap his arm loosely around her as she was slipping off into la-la-land, she managed to register just how nice it was to just simply fall asleep next to someone again.

It might have only been some six-seven months since she broke off her engagement to Erik, found out about his cheating ways and decided she needed to leave him for good, but they hadn’t simply slept in the same bed for months before that. Their relationship hadn’t been picture perfect, neither of them had deluded themselves to think that life was a fairytale and looking back on it – despite the pain involved – it might just have been the best thing that they broke up.

Giving herself a mental shake of the head, she curled into Chris’ touch and let sleep overcome her. She could over think her life till she turned blue, but the only way to find out the real truth, was to look up and live it…

Waking up the following morning, she wasn't all that surprised to find herself alone in the bed and running her fingers through her messy hair, sitting up in the middle of the bed, she sighed softly as she could see that the bag formerly placed by the end of the bed was gone too.

She’d early on found that trips to Alaska were brutal and often involved long flights and even longer layovers, often starting in the early hours of the morning, the hours when normal people weren’t up so she wasn't surprised to find herself alone in the house as it was well past nine in the morning.

Dressing quickly, she smiled softly as she noticed the note scribbled on a piece of paper resting on the edge of the bed. Stopping in the middle of buttoning her jeans, she picked it up and her smile grew as she read it.

‘Anyone ever tell you, you look adorable when you're sleeping?
Not to mention, you talk in your sleep. Should I warn Gregs that
your have a soft spot for him? Warn Elle that she might be
getting some competition?
Anyway, please lock up when you leave, just hide the key under
the mat, or hold onto it till I get back.
Don’t miss me too much…’


Shaking her head slightly, she pocketed the note before finishing getting dressed and heading down the stairs. Knowing that they never had anything really edible at the house – at least that didn’t involve eggs or cheese – she picked up her messenger bag and moved to leave the house.

Slipping on her sneakers, happy that it had clearly stopped raining sometime during the night, she left the house and noticed just how strange it was that there wasn't any sort of ruckus coming from inside it. Locking the door and deciding it was better to keep the key till they got back, she jogged down the pathway and unlocked her own car before getting in behind the wheel and driving back to her own dorm.

Nothing had really changed between them, they hadn’t had any sort of heart-to-heart, and she wasn't looking for one, she was just very sure that wouldn’t go over very well with her friends who were rather sure something more than just ‘friends’ should be used to describe them. Not looking forwards to that, she still headed back to the dorms, she had a class in less than an hour and she wasn't looking forwards to arrive to said class with a birds nest on top of her head, wearing the same clothes as the previous day. That was just a sure way to start up some none desired rumors.