Status: previously known as 'Forbidden Love'

The Right Kind of Wrong

Back to the Future

The second, and final, game of the weekend ending with a whooping 5-1 loss, no one was especially interested in staying behind in Minneapolis, but considering the time, they returned to their hotels anyway. Many having the idea of drinking their sorrows away in mind…

Breakfast being eaten during a still rather subdued mood, Emily, Charlie and Mary, much like the rest of their friends who were there, packed themselves back into their cars and headed back towards North Dakota. Climbing in behind the wheel of the large truck, Mary riding shotgun this time, Emily turned up the radio and let the music fill the car.

Losing to your biggest rivals is never fun and neither was the following days, especially when you’d traveled out to see the games. She was a sore loser even when she wasn't the one playing and she wasn’t fully looking forwards to finding out just how mad/angry/pissed off/annoyed she would be when she lost with the softball team.

Navigating the roads like they were the back of her hand, they were slowly making their way back towards Grand Forks and as they passed the Welcome sign, she was surprised how much more home it felt than returning to St Paul, the place she’d lived the past three years. She didn’t even have a year in Grand Forks yet…

A soft smile playing on her lips, she dropped Charlie off at her apartment building with a promise of calling her in the next day before making her way over to the dorm building in which both she and Mary lived, though on different floors.

Parking the large truck in an available spot, she grabbed her things before both of them climbed out.

“What are you smiling about?” Mary wondered as she locked the car and they slowly walked back up to the front door.

“Nothing,” Emily shook her head slightly. “Just…just something that crossed by mind,” she told her.

“Right,” Mary nodded slowly.”I need to sleep,” she stated as she walked inside the building after Emily pulled the door open.

“You're sick,” Emily stated as they began ascending the stairs. “You're always sleeping.”

“It’s a disorder,” Mary glared at her. There were times when she would really like to have a diagnosis of that so she could blame it when she was tired, though her doctor had told her on several occasions that she certainly didn’t suffer from any kind of sleeping disorder. Except she talked in her sleep, but that only bothered the people around her…

“Right,” Emily nodded slowly. “We’ll I’ll call you later,” she said as they reached the second floor, where Mary was living, three floors below herself.

“Yeah,” Mary yawned before continuing down her hall as Emily climbed up the rested of the stairs.

Unlocking her own door, she dropped her bag on the floor and kicked off her boots before falling back on her own bed. Hotels were always nice, but there was nothing like your own bed, even though she was pretty sure that her own bed back in the house she’d grown up in was even better.

Sighing softly, she entertained the thought of getting back up and socialize a bit with the others living on the floor, but she quickly decided that moving involved way too much movement and strength, so she stayed stretched out across the bed.

Till a knock came from her door and she groaned slightly, she really didn’t want to move… “Come in,” she called, refusing to move more than she had to.

“Hey,” Chris stuck his head into the room, smiling widely as he saw her sprawled out on the bed. “Lazy ass,” he commented as he walked into the room, pushing the door closed behind himself as he approached the bed.

“Yeah, well, you probably slept the whole way back here,” she retorted, she had after all driven the whole four plus hours, she was allowed to be tired.

“I did,” he confirmed before falling down on the bed, laying on his front and supporting himself on his forearms, watching her. “You look tired.”

“I am,” she suppressed a yawn as she looked back up at him. “And your car is scratch free,” she promised him as she pulled his keys from her jean pocket and handing them too him.

“Perfect,” he smiled pressing his lips against his in a slow kiss. “You want some company?” he wondered, reaching out and brushing his fingers against her cheeks.

“I’d love to,” she nodded, forcing herself to stand up from the bed and change out of her jeans and into a pair of simple, grey sweats that were probably a bit too big on her considering how low they hung on her hips, but they were for lounging in so she wasn't too bothered, especially since they were the only ones in the room.

“Are you okay?” he wondered softly as she crawled back onto the bed and he wrapped her in his arms, enjoying the closeness of them simply just laying there, not actually doing anything. He knew she said she was fine when they were in St Paul, but he wasn't sure how truthful she’d been, he had never been engaged to someone, neither had he dated someone for almost seven years, but he a feeling that meeting that someone, after they cheated on you, couldn’t be just…okay.

“Yeah,” she nodded slightly against his chest. “I mean, no I'm not okay, but at the same time I am,” she tried explaining what she was feeling, it was never an easy thing to do. “It was totally awkward running into him and it did open wounds that I rather stayed close, but that’s a part of life, you're supposed to get past it cause it makes you stronger, or something,” she shrugged.

“The fact that he cheated hurt, meeting him hurt,” she slowly licked her lips. “And a part of me whishes that I never agreed to go out with him, or that he really didn’t cheat on me,” she let out a dry laugh. “But at the same time, if I hadn’t dated him, I wouldn’t be here and if he hadn't cheated, I wouldn’t have moved up here, I wouldn’t have met you and I really wouldn’t be who I am today,” she admitted. “Everything you do and experience molds you into the person you are, if you turn left instead of right you might do or see something that makes you a better person, something you wouldn’t have done if you turned right, but then you would have learned something else.”

“It hurts, but it’s not because I love him,” she told him, tilting her head slightly to look up at him. “A part of me is always going to love him, I can’t deny that, but at the same time, I loved the person he was before we moved to Minnesota, not the person he is today,” she pointed out. “And now it’s more the actual betrayal that hurts than my heart, it’s my pride,” she bit her lip slightly. “It stings like a bitch.”

Not saying anything, he simply leaned down and pressed his lips against hers. One of the things his former girlfriends had complimented him on was his ability to know when to shut up and just be there. This was one of those times…