Status: One Shot

Rejection

1/1

She's the most confident person known to man. To the naked eye.

She stands alone at school and home, but only because she fears people finding out her deepest fear. Everybody around her thinks it is just because she is more mature than teens her age.

She's turned down so many invitations for fun everybody except for a few brave souls bother inviting her along anymore.

Now that she is older she wants to be apart of the 'in' crowd to hang out with her once best friends. However, one thing is stopping her. One fear: rejection.

It eats away at her insides until she's sick to her stomach. The world seems to spin so fast around. Her friends going out and having fun living to the fullest nothing to stop them.

At school, she sits in the far back never answering, but passes every test with flying colors. She tries to be social at school, but most just leave her to her books and avoid her like the plague. And she doesn't try to engage them.

She could not even begin to estimate the amount of times she's cried herself to sleep at night trying to find the courage to even suggest an idea for a school project or for a movie night.

Even she sometimes thinks how pathetic she is letting a fear rule her life.

And like every average teenage girl, she has a crush. A boy she's known since they were in second grade. He is popular, good-looking, and one of the few who still try to talk to her. She knows he'd never look twice if it weren't for the fact their families are friends.

Her mind is so complex in thinking over the simplest things. She yearns so bad to just ask him to a movie or anything. But in her mind if he were to say no, it would be as if her world would crumble. To her it would confirm that she's nothing, worthless.

The rejection holds her to what she is: fearful, forever in anguish, and never happy. She can never overcome it and never will try.

Why? Because if she fails to conquer her fear it would be the ultimate rejection. Her mind cannot even overturn itself how can it handle the real world.

So, she'll continue living on unfulfilled, in fear with no way out, and in a continuous cycle of self-inflicted rejection.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this and it's my first attempt at just angst.
So tell me what you think??