Cancer

Cancer

Chapter 4 Franks POV
I wasn't devastated, but I sure was upset. Kiersten hated hme because I was family and that I hadn't come to see her. So I left the hospital, but I intended to come back the next day. Well, at least after work. I drove to my apartment and unlocked the door, tossing the keys in the basket by the door.
I need some advice, I thought, Reaching for my cell phoen. I looked for the name of the person I wanted to call and preesed SEND with my thumb.
A moment later he picked up. "Sup Frank." Toro said.
Ray Toro was one of my best friends and he was in our band My Chemical Romance. We'd all been through a lot, I'll Bring You My Bullets You Bring Me Your Love and Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. I hoped we'd be through more, we were after all, working on our next CD.
"Hey Toro, remember my niece Kiersten?" I asked.
"Uh, no." He said.
No, no of course he wouldn't, I've never mentioned her.
"Right, well she's in the hospital and she hates me because I never came to visit her while she was sick. She uh, still is." I blabbed.
"What the fuck Frank? You mean you broke her heart?!" Ray sounded diappointed in me, angry even. And, he didn't know her, but was on her side anyways. His voice softened. "I'm sorry."
"No, I really owe her a life. She just sits there, her life ebbing away. No fun at all. It's what her doctor told me."
"So how are you two related?"
I breathed, then spoke. "My dad and her dad are brothers. He and his wife never really spoke to my parets. We became really distant I guess. Her mom had some kinda cancer and she died. My uncle did too. Then, WHAM! I get this call about Kiersten with cancer, alone in a hospital."
I could tell Ray bit his lip, the way he did when he sighed. "Frank, maybe you should legally adopt her."
♠ ♠ ♠
plz comment