Each Days A Number

One.

Her fingers wiped under her eyes, ridding away the unwanted eyeliner as she crossed her right leg over her left. She huffed and folded her arms over her chest, gaining the attention of her best friend, and roommate, Devin who was typing away on his laptop. He glanced up at her for a moment before returning his gaze back to the screen.

Chuckling a bit to himself, he shook his head with a smile. "What's wrong with you, Des?" Devin questioned, his fingers flying over the flat keyboard as he wrote his article. "Shouldn't you be excited?"

"I can never catch a break," Dessie replied, huffing again to herself.

"Are you still pissed at Henry for giving the Fall Out Boy, who sucks by the way, European tour to that new guy?" he asked knowing all too well that's why his friend was upset.

"Yes! I've been working for him for over a year now, and this guy's just started; it's his first tour and I get stuck with a band I've never heard of! Shouldn't that have been given to me?" she questioned, leaning forward so her arms were on her knee. "Or maybe I'm just being irrational, but I have a right to be angry, right?"

"Well, yeah. It would only be fair especially since that tour's like a big deal, and you actually know what you're doing," he rubbed his eyes as he looked at her and shrugged. "I get it."

"Thank you!" she threw herself back and dug through her bag for her phone to check the time.

"What time are they picking you up?" Devin went back to writing after taking a sip from his Capri Sun.

"They should've picked me up a half hour ago; great way to start the tour!" Dessie stated sarcastically, throwing her phone back in the bag.

"Aw, c'mon, Des! Give 'em a break!" Devin defended. "They did have to drive from Arizona," he sipped his juice again and set it back down in his lap.

A vehicle pulling up in front of their house was faintly heard, followed by a horn that was continuously being honked with no stopping. Dessie sighed heavily as Devin laughed, shutting his laptop and setting it next him before standing up at the same time as she did.

"I'm going to assume that's them," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around her in a hug. "I hope you have a bitchin' time!" he said sarcastically with a goofy grin on his face as he pulled back, handing Dessie her bag.

"Oh, you're hilarious!" she smiled, taking her bag and walked to the end of the couch where all of her luggage had been. She'd packed for three months since she was also helping the same band on a separate tour after this one. "All I ask is that while I'm gone, please don't burn the house down."

"Can't promise anything," he sang and walked her to the front door. "Be safe, yeah?"

"Always," she told him, opening the door to reveal a slightly short boy with piercing blue eyes and his hand up as if he was about to knock standing in front of her.

"Are you," he looked down at his open palm, "Dessie?" he read the name on his hand he'd scribbled on to remember. She nodded her head. "Great! I'm Garrett, and all the rest of the guys are waiting rather impatiently in the van," he noted as the guy in the passenger seat continued to honk the horn.

"Well, I'll see you in a few months," she turned back around to Devin to hug him again.

"Have fun!" he called out as she walked down the path towards the curb with Garrett.

"Gosh, Garrett, can't you be a gentleman and help the girl with her luggage?" a blonde boy yelled out from the van through the open sliding door.

"What?" he shrugged. "Let me help you with that."

"It's fine, I got it," Dessie told him slightly irritated already with the boys.

"Alright then," he opened the back of trailer for her to put her stuff in from lack of room in the van. After closing it, Garrett grabbed her lavender pillow and climbed back in the van, tossing it in the way back.

Dessie climbed in the driver's seat since part of the job description of being a tour manager was having to drive once in a while. She buckled her seatbelt and turned on the vehicle, pulling out the itinerary from her bag. Turning around in her seat, she faced all of the boys in the back, and took a quick glance at the boy in the passenger seat.

"Well, I'm Dessie," she gave a small wave. "And I'll be making sure you get to each venue in one piece, are on time for everything you'll be scheduled for, and allow you to sleep in a hotel bed whenever possible," she informed the boys.

"Will you be sleeping in those beds with us?" one of the boys with merely chin-length brown hair snickered.

"Kennedy!" the one with long hair shrieked from next to him and shoved Kennedy's shoulders.

"No, but if you really want, you could sleep in this shitty van everyday if you'd like," Dessie retorted, earning numerous groans and moans from the various boys. "Alright then, didn't think so."

"You're going to have to ignore the kids sometimes," the guy next to her piped up. "I'm John Ohhh," he smiled, stretching out his hand; Dessie reluctantly shook it. "You've met Garrett already, but blondie is Jared, behind him is Pat, and the asshole is Kennedy. And we're The Maine."

"I know," she replied, looking at John since she already knew the band's name.

"And our manager, Tim, is meeting us at the first stop," he added.

"Great, nice to meet you," she turned around in her seat putting the van in drive and easing off down the street and out of her neighborhood.

The ride was slightly quiet, other than Death Cab For Cutie pouring from the speakers at a reasonable level and the whispers between the four boys in the back. One of them laughed loudly causing John to turn around to face them and making Dessie glance at them in the rear view mirror as she stopped at a stop sign.

She rolled her eyes and accelerated through the intersection when it was her turn to go. The boys' whispers were already driving her insane, and she desperately tried to ignore the constant "do it, do it" that Jared kept ushering.

Kennedy snickered and slammed his palms against the back of the middle seat. "Pull over the fucking van!" he screamed, scaring the shit out of Dessie and causing her to slam on the breaks.

All of the boys lunged forward and cars behind her drove around them, honking their horns and flipping her off angrily. Each of the boys burst into a fit of laughter as she sat their stunned in her seat.

"What the fuck?" she yelled as she turned around in her seat, still taken aback by the outburst. None of the boys answered her because of their hysterics. "Oh my God," Dessie muttered to herself, facing forward and continuing to drive towards the highway. Ten minutes minimum in the van, and she already wanted to go back home.

First stop, Norfolk, Virginia. What a long drive she knew it was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I hope you guys like it! Comments and subscriptions would be amazing!
This is already written, so if you guys are good, I'll post all the time.

Check out my other stories!:
Jack Barakat;
Craig Owens;
Zack Merrick;
Alex Gaskarth;
William Beckett;
John O'Callaghan.