Each Days A Number

Ten.

"Well guys, welcome to my home," Dessie said, opening her arms out as she walked up the path to her and Devin's place. "Officially," she chuckled, recollecting the memory of the day the boys picked her up.

"Now that I'm actually paying attention, it's a nice place in the dark," John took in the features of the single story home.

They had just arrived to Los Angeles from their Halloween show in San Diego at the Soma; she figured they could save money and have more for food by just crashing at her place instead of staying in a hotel. Of course, the guys graciously accepted the offer and were now hauling their bags along with them.

A smile appeared along Dessie's face as she walked into her home; it was surprisingly clean from Devin making sure it was spotless since he already knew the plan of her bringing the boys by. His light from his room shone under his door down the hall and she hurriedly ran and opened the door without knocking, leaving the guys to explore the front room.

"What the- Dessie!" Devin yelled, hopping off his bed and forcefully hugging her, pushing her out in the hall where The Maine peeked down to see the excited pair. "You're back! I've missed you!"

Garrett watched the friends in jealously, unaware if they were actually a couple or not. He looked from Kenny to John with a raised eyebrow, ignoring Pat and Jared who were laughing. Garrett didn't see any sign of amusement in this situation.

"I've missed you!" she yelled back, letting go and pulling him by his wrist down the hall. "Guys, this is Devin who I've known since forever! Dev, this is Pat, Jared, Kenny, John, and Garrett," Dessie introduced, pointing to each of the guys as she said their names, "also known as The Maine."

"Hey dudes, it's nice to meet you all," Devin smiled and gave a head nod their way.

"Hey man," John leaned forward and gave Devin and manly handshake. "Thanks for allowing us to crash here instead of only Miss Tour Manager over here."

Devin laughed. "Not a problem. It's totally cool." The guys nodded, besides Garrett who was doing his best to not glare at her friend.

"Well, since it's late, I think I'm going to crash," Dessie informed, going to pick up her bag she dropped as she walked in. "Bathroom's first door on the right if you'd like to shower now or just go use the toilet. Extra blankets to sleep on are in the hall closet. And I'm not sure if Devin's gone grocery shopping," she raised her eyebrow at Devin, "but help yourself to whatever." And with that said, Dessie retreated down the hall to her room, closing the door behind her.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys," Devin told them. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask; my room's right here," he pointed down to the opened door with the light on. "Don't mind me in the morning; Dessie already told me I have to make breakfast for everyone," he chuckled. "I'll try not to make so much noise," he smiled once more and walked to his room.

"He seems pretty cool," John plopped down on the couch, fluffing up a pillow and laying down.

"Yeah, he's nice," Jared agreed, going to get out blankets for each of them to make beds on the floor and proceeding to make his own.

Sitting on the floor with a slight glare, Garrett ignored the rest of the conversation about Devin. He was a little flustered about the fact that Dessie lived with a guy; he thought maybe they could be together, or used to be together at one point or another, and he wanted to know their relationship to one another.

"Psst, Kenny, you awake?" Garrett whispered once they all decided to go to sleep. Kennedy groaned but ignored him. "Kenny!"

"I'm awake now thanks to you!" he yelled in a whisper. "What do you want?"

"Why do you think Dessie never really mentioned him?" he wondered.

"Maybe because you never asked about him? Dude, why are you so concerned about this? They're friends who happen to be roommates," Kennedy turned over and propped himself up on his elbow.

"What if they're like, exes or something?" Garrett turned on his back and turned his head to look at his friend.

"Garrett, go, to, bed!" Kenny whined, plopping back down on his bed and covering his head with his blanket. "If you're so curious, why don't you ask her?"

"No! I don't want her to know I'm jealous!" he confessed.

Kenny chuckled under the blanket. "Fine, I'll talk to her before the show tonight."

"Thank you, Kennedy," Garrett sang and shut his eyes.

The sun was shining brightly throughout the house as Devin finished making breakfast; all the boys were still sound asleep and slightly snoring as he crept down the hall to Dessie's room. He knocked softly and heard her say "come in". Pushing open the door, Dessie turned so her back was no longer facing him.

"Good morning!" he said and jumped on her bed. "How long have you been awake?"

"Five minutes at least; I didn't feel like getting up quite yet," she stretched her arms over her head. "I've forgotten how comfy my bed is from sleeping in a van or a stiff hotel bed."

He laughed. "I would not be able to do that; I need my bed." Dessie nodded and snuggled into her pillow. "So, how's tour been? You never call me!"

"I'm sorry! I'm always so busy! But tour's been...great," she looked else where other than Devin's face.

"Dessie," he poked her stomach, "fess up; what's up? I know something isn't up to par and it's clearly bringing you down."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "I hate how you know that."

"I'm just awesome," Devin shrugged. "What's going on?"

"Things have been awkward between me and Garrett for a few days because in Las Vegas, things between him and I went passed...just being friendly," she hesitated.

"Oh," he nodded before his eyes widened, "oh!"

"Yeah," she sat up and leaned against the wall. "We haven't really talked much since then."

"Well, what are you waiting for, hmm?" Devin raised his eyebrows. "Talk to him. Something like this could potentially ruin a friendship, and by the way you're acting, you don't want that to happen."

"I don't; Garrett's a really cool, fun guy to be around and he stuck up for me when Alex Gaskarth was giving me a hard time," she informed.

"Des, the best thing you could do, is just talk to the guy," he put his hands on her shoulders to get the point across.

"That's what John said."

"Then John must be really smart," Devin smiled. "Just talk to him; he'll appreciate you putting in the effort to make things better. Now, get your ass out of bed, wake up those boys, and come get some breakfast! Henry called, he said after you drop the boys off at the venue, to go to his office; he's got a surprise for you."

Dessie smiled and nodded. John and Devin had a point. But she pushed that in the back of her mind and couldn't wait to find what news Henry has for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry guys for the lack of updates! School's taking up a lot of my time. But, I updated like, last week or something, and I can't remember which story it was but I only got one comment. One comment for three updates. Very discouraging. Anyway, please comment. Especially since I'm working on a new Zack update for you guys.

Check out my other stories!:
Jack Barakat;
Craig Owens;
Zack Merrick;
Alex Gaskarth;
William Beckett;
John O'Callaghan.
David Blaise.
Oliver Sykes one-shot.