Each Days A Number

Sixteen.

The last day of tour came quicker than anyone could've possibly imagined. Although they warmed up to the idea of not having her around for the next month and a half, the guys in The Maine were still saddened by the fact they would be separating from Dessie the next morning. It was a weird feeling that filled the van as they drove to their last venue of the tour, the Electric Factory in Philadelphia, because no one, especially Garrett wanted to see her go.

"Alright guys," Dessie said, staring down at the itinerary after the boys hauled in their gear, "you all have a meeting and interview; meeting at four and interview at five fifteen with Alternative Press, okay?" she looked up to see them nodding simultaneously. "Can I trust you all to be on your own and get to these appointments on time while I help out here, getting things ready? I mean, you being on your own is a big deal," she smiled and they all nodded again with matching grins.

"We're big boys now, mom," Kenny chuckled. "You've taught us well."

"And I just love how the sarcasm is literally dripping from your teeth right now," Dessie shifted her weight to her right leg and put the hand not holding the papers on her hip.

"You're checking out my mouth, eh? Wanna kiss?" Kennedy puckered up but was held back by Garrett.

"Easy there, tiger. She's taken," he faked glared and winked at his girlfriend causing a small blush to to form along her cheeks.

"I guess tiger learned his sarcasm from the best," she smirked and pulled out her phone to check the time. "It's three thirty boys; better start heading to the address," Dessie handed them a paper with two addresses on it. "AP's first here, and interview is here, use the GPS," she said sternly. "Have fun and don't be stupid during the interview."

"Yeah, yeah," Jared said lazily, climbing into the car.

Garrett walked up to Dessie before getting in the van, placing her hands on his shoulders and placing his own on her hips. "I'm gonna miss you," he smiled and licked his lip.

"I'll miss you, too," she leaned forward, closing the small gap between them. Every moment they had when he wasn't playing a show or setting things up, the couple were always together. "You better go, Gary," she whispered before he kissed her again.

"Yeah, I'll see you in a couple hours," he whispered back and pecked her lips once more before climbing in the van with the guys.

She watched as the van pulled away from the venue until it could no longer be seen; with a heavy sigh, Dessie turned on her heel and bumped into the chest of, none other than, Alex Gaskarth. A glare formed along her features as she stared at him for a moment before walking around his frame and heading into the venue.

"Aw, c'mon Des!" Alex called out jogging up to her and walking same pace. "Lover boy isn't here, and I've got a luxury tour bus out back," he sang, nudging her shoulder with his.

"I've already asked you not to call me that," her voice was monotone as she dismissed his sexual innuendo.

"Right, only lover boy calls you that," he slapped his forehead with his hand, "I'll remember than next time."

"What do you want, Gaskarth?" Dessie stopped in the center of the venue, placing her hands on her hips and and began tapping her foot on the floor.

"I want what every guy wants," Alex stated seductively, taking a step closer to her with a smirk, "I want you to come to the going away party in the hotel room that my band is throwing for everyone," his voice returned to normal. Dessie scoffed and commenced to walk away. "What'd you think I was gonna say?" he asked while grabbing her wrist to stop, a chuckle slipping passed his smirk.

"You know what I thought, I don't know why you're asking," Dessie yanked her wrist from his grip and folded her arms over her chest.

"That I did, but I hope you'll come. I really want to see your pretty little face one last time before we have to split," he attempted to tuck strands of her hair behind her ear but she moved away. "And maybe we can spend the night together."

"I have a boyfriend, Alex. I don't need you," she spat.

"Yeah, you may have a boyfriend that I'm sure you're not in love with, so it wouldn't be a big deal," he rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders.

"That's where you're wrong, Gaskarth! You think you're Mr. Hot Shot who is right about everything," Dessie yelled and poked his chest three times.

"Oh yeah? Enlighten me, Dessie, and tell me how I'm wrong, will you?" he shouted just as angrily as she had.

"You're wrong because I am in love with Garrett!" she gasped lightly to herself at her choice words and Alex stood there with shock written across his forehead.

"Wh-what'd you say?" he asked, clearly dumbfounded.

"You heard me," Dessie felt herself backing down because she was also in shock.

"You're in love with Garrett Nickelsen?" Alex questioned slowly, watching her closely as she hesitantly nodded. "Fine," he said sternly and walked away.

She stood there, staring off in front of her and not really caring that she promised to help set up gear for the show. Dessie was surprised with herself and asked herself over and over if that's how she really felt.

--------------------

Laughter erupted in the small group, containing both Garrett and Dessie, Kennedy, Jimmie, and Derek, as Jimmie danced around in a drunken stupor. Garrett snaked his arm securely around Dessie's shoulders as he noticed Alex Gaskarth walk into the room from the adjoining hotel room. Alex gazed up, catching Dessie's stare before looking down and heading back into the room where he came from.

She saw Garrett smile to himself as he, too, realized Gaskarth was no longer going to be a problem in their relationship. Of course, he didn't know why, but quite frankly, he just didn't care.

"Seems like that asshole has finally realized not to mess with people's girlfriends," Garrett leaned closer to Dessie's ear so she could hear him over the music. She looked at him and nodded, kissing his cheek before taking a drink of her soda.

"What time is it, Gary?" Dessie asked, suppressing a yawn and leaning her head on his shoulder.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket, quickly reading the time before slipping it back in. "Nearly three forty-five; wanna cut out? You're flight's at six," he asked her while attempting to hold back his sadness; Garrett felt her nod against his shoulder. "Okay, meet me at the room and I'll gather the guys," he lifted her chin and placed a light kiss on her lips.

She walked back to the room that the guys in Every Avenue were staying in; she and The Maine just brought their stuff to their room since they weren't going to stay the night. Plopping down on one of the beds, Dessie stared around the room, sighing heavily because she wasn't ready to leave. She wasn't ready to leave the tour, she wasn't ready to leave the boys, and she certainly wasn't ready to leave Garrett. Everything had been so perfect and now she was going away to possibly ruin their relationship since long distance rarely ever works out.

"You ready, baby?" she heard Garrett's voice; Dessie didn't even realized he had walked into the room. "The guys are heading down to the van; I told them we'll meet them there."

She nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm ready."

"Are you okay?" he asked, kneeling down in front of her and putting his hands on the sides of her thighs.

"Of course; I'm fine, Garrett, really," she tried her best to sound convincing.

He nodded, not pushing his thoughts on how she really felt. Standing up straight, Garrett reached his out hand and Dessie graciously placed hers in his, allowing him to pull her up. He hoisted one of her bags on his shoulder and held the other in his free hand, leading her out of the hotel room and down to the van.

The entire ride was filled with random conversation; none of the boys felt tired on the drive to the airport, even if they did arrive at nearly five am. They piled out of the van to say their farewells; each of the four boys thought it'd be best to let Garrett walk with her inside to the terminal. She gave each of the boys and hug, telling each one how she was going to miss them, and knowing the boys, she and Garrett left them arguing over who she was going to miss more. John, Kennedy, Jared and Pat only did that to help her not be so sad; it was just their goofy way of looking out for her.

"Now boarding Flight 451 to Los Angeles; now boarding Flight 451 to Los Angeles," the lady over the intercom said after a mere forty-five minute wait.

"Well, that's me," Dessie said, sitting up from her chair and pulling the hem of her shirt down.

"I guess this is it," Garrett told her, holding on her hands and bringing them to his lips. "Call me when you land?"

"You'll be the first one," she reassured, taking her hands from his hand wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. "I told myself I wasn't going to cry."

Garrett chuckled lightly. "As much as I don't want to see you cry, if you need to, just go ahead," he kissed the top of her head, rocking them back and forth.

Dessie sniffled, blinking her eyes rapidly to hold back her tears, but when Garrett pulled away to look at her, blinking know longer helped.

"Hey, everything's going to be fine, okay?" she nodded as he wiped away her fresh tears. "Come here," he pulled her into his chest, placing his cheek to her forehead. "I've been trying to find the perfect time to tell you this but, I love you."

A small smile played at Dessie's lips and she pulled back to look at him. "Really?" she asked him, trying to hold back her happiness.

"Yeah, really," he chuckled at his girlfriend.

She kissed his lips lovingly, already knowing how to reply back. "I love you, too, Garrett," she smiled.

"Now boarding Flight 451 to Los Angeles," the lady over the intercom announced again.

"Way to ruin a moment," Garrett pressed his forehead against hers. "You better go," he said sadly.

"Yeah," she sighed. "I'll see you soon?"

"Of course; have a great time over seas," he kissed her once more before letting her go. Dessie slowly walked to the podium, handing the flight attendant her ticket. "Hey, Des?" Garrett called out.

"Yeah, Gary?" she turned around before walking to the plane.

"I love you," he smiled, his blue eyes sparkling.

Dessie smiled and allowed her eyes to tear up once more. "I love you, too," she blew him a kiss and continued to walk to the plane.

She didn't know what the future had in store of them, but she did hope it held something positive for their relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel bad for not updating as frequently as I should be. College sucks; lets' just leave it at that. But, The Fall semester ends in just under a month, and I'll have a month before Spring semester starts, so I'll try to update more for a couple new stories I'm going to bring over and for Zack.

Also, this is close to the end. And since this is close to an end, who would you like to read about next: Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat, Zack Merrick [a different story], Pat Kirch, or Kennedy Brock?
Comment this story or drop a comment on my profile to let me know! Guy with the highest vote will be posted when this story is over.

Check out my other stories:
Jack Barakat;
Craig Owens;
Zack Merrick;
Alex Gaskarth;
William Beckett;
John O'Callaghan.
David Blaise.
Oliver Sykes one-shot.
Chris Rubey one-shot.