Each Days A Number

Two.

The guys' yelling and elementary behavior had taken a toll on her; she had nearly driven almost all day and was exhausted by the time they arrived in Texas at about ten o'clock that night. They were behind schedule at a mere eight hours and they absolutely had to be in Norfolk by noon the day after. Dessie knew it was her responsibility to get the guys there on time, or earlier, and she wasn't going to allow their fatigue to ruin that.

"Can we please just get a room tonight?" Kennedy whined as he lay sprawled across the middle row. "We're all tired and need our beauty rest."

"Yeah, can't we just continue tomorrow? There's a motel right there!" Jared agreed and pointed to the motel behind the gas station.

Dessie rolled her eyes and looked up from the latest issue of Alternative Press Magazine, glancing at John who was filling the van and looked at Jared since she was in the seat behind Kenny's and couldn’t see him. "I've told you this before," she said dryly, "we're behind schedule by a lot since you guys were late picking me up and all the traffic. Therefore we have to make up time by driving all night."

The four boys in the van all groaned and whined. "C'mon, Miss Tour Manager! Just five hours so we could refresh ourselves!" Pat said from his spot next to her.

"No. We can stop mid-day tomorrow, rest up, and get to the venue the next day. But not tonight," she looked back down at the article she was reading.

"Dude, this blows," Garrett mumbled from his spot in the driver's seat. "We're not stopping," he informed John who had just climbed back in the van.

"What?" he asked in disbelief.

"Okay!" Dessie threw her magazine in the small trunk space behind her. "Let me out and I'll drive, God!" Climbing over the seat, she opened the door and opened the driver's door, waiting for Garrett to get out before climbing in. "You guys sleep and I'll get us as far as I could handle," she turned on the car as Garrett sat down in her old seat.

"Thank you, Dessie," the boys all chorused at the same time.

She rolled her eyes and pulled out of the gas station towards Interstate-40; the highway they've know all too well that day. The boys all got comfortable in their spots and no longer than an hour later, light snores escaped from all of their mouths. The exhaustion was at it's peak and all Dessie wanted to do was sleep for two days straight, but it was her job to keep driving.

Rubbing her bloodshot eyes, she parked at a local Denny's in Arkansas and pulled the keys out of the ignition. She hit a sleeping Jared in the passenger seat but he just grunted and slapped her hand away before Dessie climbed out of the van. After stretching, she slid open the side door, revealing the four boys sleeping on top of one another.

"If you guys don't wake up, I'm eating food without you," Dessie said, tapping her foot on the ground and folding her arms over her chest.

"Food?" Pat and John shot up, the others also waking up.

"Finally, I'm staving!" Kennedy stretched and climbed over John to get out.

Each of the boys followed suit and staggered into the restaurant where they were seated at a circular booth in the corner of the room. The waiter placed the menus in front of each of them and immediately, each one of the guys started to look through it. Dessie continued to look through the itinerary as the orders were being placed.

"So," Garrett shoved a fry in his mouth. "Let's play a game."

"Here we go again," Dessie rolled her eyes, recalling the last game they played, she had to pull the car over and allow Pat to puke.

"No! It's not that type of game. It's a "get to know the tour manager" game," he insisted.

"If this gets me out off the hook for any other game you boys decide to play, then fine," she replied, taking a bite of her turkey sandwich.

"How long have you lived in LA?" Garrett asked.

"Dude, that's not a game," Kenny snorted. "And I know games."

"Whatever, man. So?"

"Since I graduated high school almost a year ago," Dessie replied.

"Nice; are you single?" John upped his eyebrows and smirked, scooting closer since he was sitting next to her and wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"Yes, but no thank you," she told him, lifting John's arm off her shoulders.

That moment was the start of a series of being hit on. Since the moment they reached the venue, all eyes were on her. Dessie was the sole girl on this tour and every guy from each band had already made a comment to her two hours after arrival. She had heard every comment and wolf whistle in the book and was completely fed up. If she wanted to be bald, all of her hair would've been pulled out from pure frustration.

"What have I gotten myself into?" she hit her forehead against the wall of the hallway near the venue's bathrooms. Dessie slammed her palm into the wall as footsteps were heard along the black, beat up hardwood flooring.

"Hey, Des, what's up?" Garrett smiled as he walked up to her.

"What is it with you boys?" she yelled, stomping her foot on the floor. "Why can't you guys get it through your head that I'm not interested in any of you!"

"Whoa, sorry I even said hello," he backed away and turned on his heel.

"Garrett, I'm sorry," Dessie grabbed his arm. "I didn't mean to blow up like that when you didn't even do anything wrong."

"What's the deal?" he questioned with a shrug. "I mean, you're extremely irritated; is it that ti-"

"No, I'm sick of all the guys on this damn tour trying to get in my pants already," she shrugged and slid down the wall.

"Dang, must suck to be a girl," Garrett slid down as well and sat next to her.

"Well, just being the only one here," she corrected.

"Well yeah," he chuckled. "I gotcha covered, Des." He hit her knee with his palm twice. and smiled warmly.

"Thanks, Garrett," Dessie smiled an actual one since the first time she left the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two comments from twelve subscribers?! How about some more comments? That'd make me happy. So will more subscribers. :]
Hope you enjoy this!

Check out my other stories!:
Jack Barakat;
Craig Owens;
Zack Merrick;
Alex Gaskarth;
William Beckett;
John O'Callaghan.