Each Days A Number

Three.

She walked through the glass doors of the hotel, rubbing her eyes from a long five day week of nonstop driving and playing shows. Her feet dragged along the multi-colored carpet as she made her way to the front desk in the lobby. All of the boys were crashed in the van, more so sleeping while they waited for Dessie to get back.

The concierge standing at the front desk eyed her suspiciously when she stopped in front of him. Dessie smiled the best she could through her exhaustion and placed her hands on top, folding them together. The man just looked at her and didn't say anything.

"Hi," she said. "I'm with the Exchange for Money Tour that reserved some rooms here. I'm checking in for two rooms under "The Maine"," Dessie informed nicely.

With a nod of the head, the clerk typed something in the computer and grabbed two card keys. "Your rooms are on the fifth floor, numbers five seventeen and eighteen. And your the last of that bands that have come to check in; please enjoy your stay here at the Red Roof Inn," he told her in a fake nice tone.

"Thanks?" she replied, raising her eyes brow and leaving the lobby of the hotel. Dessie walked out to the parking lot back to the van that was near the front entrance.

Sliding open the door, the faint snores escaped from their mouths. Pat's head was on Garrett's lap in the middle, and Garrett's head was hanging off the headrest of the seat, his mouth slightly open. Jared and John were in the very back; Jared's head on John's shoulder and John's head resting on the window will droll slipping from the side of the mouth. Kenny was in the front, his face on the window and his nose looking like a pig's.

Dessie shook Garrett lightly, attempting to wake him up. She was the most comfortable around him since their friendly encounter on the first day of the tour. She shook him again and his eyes slowly fluttered revealing the bright blue color. He smiled when he saw Dessie trying to wake him up and lifted his head, stretching out his arms.

"Hey," Garrett greeted his voice slightly groggy. "We're here?"

"Yeah, we're at the hotel," she told him.

Garrett proceeded to shake Pat and hit Kenny in the head with Pat's pillow that he took out from under his head. As he was doing that, the boys in the back woke from the grunts and groans of the other boys being tortured. "Guys, we're at the hotel," Garrett smiled innocently at Pat and Kennedy who were glaring harshly his way.

"Awesome, now get me the hell out!" John yelled. "Jared, get the fuck off of me!" he shoved Jared and climbed over the seat.

"Asshole!" Jared retorted, being the last one out of the van.

Chuckling lightly, Dessie held out the card keys towards the boys. "Rooms are five seventeen and eighteen on the fifth floor; fight amongst yourselves of who's sleeping with who. I'll be up at eight am, sharp. I expect you all to be ready by then so we can start our journey to North Carolina."

"Wait, you're not coming with us?" Kennedy tousled his hair before flattening it back down.

"No, I'll be sleeping in the van tonight. Don't mind me, just go up and got to sleep; we have a long day tomorrow," she climbed into the van, pulling her pillow from the very back of the vehicle.

"What?" John said dumbfounded.

"You guys go up to your rooms; everything will be okay," Dessie reassured.

"Well, we can't have that," Garrett told her. He reached in the van, grabbing her arm and pillow. "You're coming upstairs with us whether you like it or not. If you don't," he chuckled and hooked his thumb towards John, "John Ohhh will be more than happy to throw you over his shoulder and carry you up there."

A glare formed along her face and her lips formed a straight line. "Fine. But don't make this a habit, Nickelsen!" Dessie pointed at his face and made her way to the entrance with the boys laughing behind her.

The group packed into an elevator and headed up to the fifth floor. When the doors opened, loud music and yelling filled the entire floor and one of the room doors burst opened. Out stumbled an extremely drunk Jack Barakat from All Time Low, falling to the ground before picking his lanky frame back up.

He smiled drunkenly at The Maine and Dessie, staggering towards them and clapping his hand on Pat's back. "Dudes, kick ass party going on in our room. Join us for some fun; everyone else is!"

All the boys looked around at each other and shrugged before following Jack back into the room. Garrett stayed behind next to Dessie, looking at her to see what she was going to do. she scratched the top of her head, looking slightly uncomfortable with the party situation.

"You comin', Des?" he asked, his blue eyes sparkling with the overhead lights.

"I-I don't know," she replied, wiping eyeliner from under her eyes.

"C'mon, please? If someone tries to hit on you, the first time, you come find me and we'll go to the room," he offered.

"Promise?"

"I promise," Garrett smiled, linking his arm with hers and walking into the room that was filled with all the bands and crew on this tour.

Everyone had drinks in their hands and was doing something to wreck havoc in the hotel room. The lamps were tipped over and the mattresses were no longer on the beds were they belong. Porn happened to be on the television and made Dessie cringe as she kept her arm hooked with Garrett's.

A few of the guys noticed her walk in, instantly placing a smirk along their faces. She glared at them while Garrett grabbed two red cups and retracting his arm to fill them up with beer from one of the kegs. He smiled as he handed her one, taking a drink himself.

Dessie thanked him and went to go sit on an empty chair she miraculously found near the corner of the room, but was stopped by a drunken Alex Gaskarth. He had his famous smirk playing at his lips and a red cup in hand. Taking a drink, he leaned himself against the wall, blocking the way to the chair.

"Hey there, doll face," he said, taking another drink of his beer. "You flyin' solo?" Dessie had a look of disgust on her face. "Because if you are, how about you come fly over to my nest."

"You use shitty pick up lines to get girls? What kind of fucking loser are you?" she spat.

"Obviously one who has pages of names on my fuck list. Let's go add yours to it, baby," Alex wrapped his arms around her shoulders, spilling some beer on her shirt and crashing his lips to hers.

Dessie shoved him in his chest, slapping his cheek as hard as she could. "Asshole!" she screamed, throwing her drink in his face.

She felt a hand grip her upper arm and someone pull her out of the staring crowd. Looking forward, she saw Garrett dragging her out of the room and towards one of theirs. He opened it quickly and brought her inside with him. Dessie groaned in frustration, pulling at her hair and collapsing herself on one of the beds before sitting up.

"Are you okay?" he asked, kneeling in front of her, taking notice of the two tears that had slipped from her eyes. She shook her head as she let out a sob. "Oh, c'mere," Garrett wrapped his arms around her, placing his hand on her head for her to rest on his shoulder. "Alex is a jackass when he's drunk."

"I know that now!" she cried, wrapping one arm around his back.

"We should have never went; I should've known drunk guys would try something," he pulled back, wiping away her tears.

"It's not your fault, Garrett; don't blame yourself," Dessie placed her hands on his shoulders and sniffled.

He nodded his head, standing up and bringing her with him. "Go get changed into your pajamas, and we'll go to sleep."

"Oh, fuck," she ran her hands through her hair. "My bag is down in the trailer.

"Here," he went to the corner of the room. "Wear these," he smiled, handing her his pajamas.

"What are you going to wear?" she took them in her hands.

"Don't worry about it. Just go get changed," Garrett smiled warmly and watched as Dessie nodded before going into the bathroom.

Garrett pulled back the bed sheets on one of the beds, sitting on the left side and slipping off his shoes and socks. He rubbed his eyes before pulling this shirt over his hand and pulled his belt out of his pants. As Dessie walked out, he climbed in bed with his jeans on, snuggling under the covers. Dessie smiled his way when she placed her clothes next the door and climbed into the opposite side of the bed next to Garrett.

She reached over and turned the lamp off, shimmying down to place her head on the pillow. Her eyes were glued to Garrett's in the dark, but a smile was easily seen on both of their faces.

"Thank you, Garrett," she said, bringing the blanket up to her chin.

"Anytime, Des," his grin seemed to widen. "Goodnight, Dessie."

"Goodnight, Garrett," she whispered, closing her eyes and falling into a much needed sleep
♠ ♠ ♠
There's quite a bit of silent readers with this story; it'd be amazing to have more comments, y'know, so I can see how the rest of you are liking this story.
Comment? Subscribe?

Check out my other stories!:
Jack Barakat;
Craig Owens;
Zack Merrick;
Alex Gaskarth;
William Beckett;
John O'Callaghan.
David Blaise. <-----NEW!!!