Status: Active, I Promise

We Didn't Start The Fire

Real Lies

Image

Jeremy is nervous for his friend. Elliot may be the slime of the earth in many ways, shapes, and forms, but he isn't the worst human being in the world. Jeremy is scared, since graduation is coming up. He didn't forget what Elliot said he was going to do, and he doesn't think Elliot has forgotten either. Jeremy knows one thing about Elliot; he always keeps his word.

Elliot used to be a normal boy. He used to be halfway decent. But the laws of nature vs. nurture really messed up the poor boy. He grew up as an only child, until he was about 13. His mother had another baby, a baby boy. But there were many complications and he died. His parents took his brother's death out on him. They verbally abused him as well as physically abused him. They really messed him up good.

He never had time to grieve for the brother he never got a chance to know. Every day he was beaten and yelled at and told he was useless. He should have gotten therapy for what he had gone through, but he never did. He only became violent himself, and he became very mean and cold.

Jeremy fears that Elliot doesn't care about what happens to him. He will do something stupid to land himself in jail. He knows he doesn't want to be in jail, but if he gets caught and ends up there, Jeremy bets Elliot will think it's worth it. Just to ruin Corey's life. And for what?

He knows that Elliot is jealous of Corey, not only because of his popularity, but also because he has a brother. He has someone who shares his own blood and he is so, so close with him. All Elliot can do is envy that. But Jeremy isn't stupid; he's actually very smart. He knows that there must be something else that triggered his extreme hatred for the twin.

It's obvious that Elliot is homophobic. Jeremy knows how that goes only because he's witnessed his friend insult Corey and Caleb with homophobic slurs. But kidnapping Caleb for money? For Corey to go insane looking for him, wondering if he's okay...just doesn't seem like it's hate-related. It could be, it is a possibility. Jeremy just isn't buying into it.

He really wants to figure everything out. He just doesn't know how. The only way would be to ask Elliot, and he can't do that. Kimi probably knows nothing, Elliot barely talks to her even though she's his girlfriend. Jeremy feels as if he's at a dead end.

He's figures he should try to get the truth out of him. If he can't then he'll have to do some digging, but if he can find out now he'd like to very much.

'Elliot come over my house.'

He starts to bite at his nails, waiting for his friend's response. Nervous habit.

'Why? Busy.'

'Come or call, it's your choice.'

Jeremy counts down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And that's when his phone rings.

"What?"

He loves how Elliot sounds so happy to talk to his best friend.

"Um-" Jeremy starts to change his mind. If he starts to ask questions about Corey, Elliot will think about him. He'll think of his plans and he'll think about hurting Caleb. Jeremy doesn't want Elliot to know what he's up to- he doesn't want him to know he's in his business. "...I just wanted to know if you were free on Saturday. I uh- wanted to hang out."

Elliot huffs. "Yeah, Jer, I'm free. You had to be an asshole and bother me in the middle of the day to ask me that? Good bye."

Jeremy nods and hangs up his phone. Perhaps the reasoning behind Elliot's behavior is irrelevant. Maybe Jeremy should focus on trying to protect Caleb, like he's been doing for the past two and a half years. Because the truth is that he cares about Caleb a lot more than he lets on.

~

Corey is turning soft. It's now a fact. His interior feelings are now becoming his exterior feelings, very, very quickly. And of course it is all because of Kevin. He went to the mall the other day and made him a build-a-bear; only he made an elephant because elephants are Kevin's favorite animal. He sat at the build-a-bear station and put a plush heart inside the elephant's stuffing and he liked it. He thought it was cute.

Yes, this is the same Corey from two months ago who would never call anything cute. He would have laughed in anyone's face if they told him they made their significant other a build-a-bear.

Kevin and Corey have been dating for a month, and Corey actually remembers without having been reminded. And he has a gift on top of everything. He won't be mad if Kevin didn't get him a gift, but he does think it would be cool if they both got each other something.

Corey holds the stuffed animal behind his back as he knocks on his boyfriend's door.

Thankfully, Alison answers the door. The last thing he wants is to be greeted with female hands.

"Hey Corey, come on in. Kevin is in the bathroom, hey what's behind your back- oh! It's so cute! How did you know he liked elephants...can't be that much of a lucky guess. Unless it somehow came up in conversation?" She asks with a confused tone in her voice.

"I looked through his photography portfolio, and I saw lots of elephants and I asked him about it; he said they were his favorite. I can't understand why, I mean I guess they're okay. They're kinda wrinkly and their trunks kind of freak me out but I suppose they're cute in their own way. This thing is way cuter than any elephant I've seen in person by a long shot," he says, holding up his present.

"True, they are ugly actually. That's what I think anyway. I like koala bears. They look so lovable. But to each their own, as they say."

Corey laughs and re-hides the elephant when he sees Kevin.

"Hey!" Kevin greets Corey with a nice semi-long kiss. Ali gets the hint and slowly makes her way into their living area.

"Happy one month. Got you this," Corey says with a small blush to his cheeks. "I know it's not much but...I just thought you'd like it. I mean I-"

Kevin kisses his boyfriend again to shut him up. "It's perfect, Corey. Thank you. I love him. He just needs a name, I'll think of one on our way up to my room. I got you something too. Come on."

The older teen takes the younger teen's hand in his own and leads him up the stairs. Corey is happy from Kevin's reaction. He really seems like he likes his gift. Corey would be able to tell if his boyfriend was faking his emotions, he likes to think he knows Kevin pretty well.

"I took the cheesy route and got a card. But I also got you this. Here, open it," Kevin says, handing Corey a medium sized box, while still holding onto his knew stuffed friend.

Corey shakes it first; like anyone would do. Then he opens it and gasps.

"Kev...it's too much. Return it, this must have cost you a lot of money..."

Kevin only smiles. "It wasn't that much money. Relax. If you like it, keep it, if not...I'll buy you something else."

Corey shakes his head. "No, I love it. I really do. But I know for a fact you spent more than 6 times the amount that I spent on you. If this were like...an anniversary present, maybe. But just for a month? You're crazy..."

Kevin shakes his head as well. "No, not crazy. I just care about you and I wanted to get you something nice. And you NEVER know what time it is so I had to get you a watch. I tried to get you one that wasn't so girly- I mean I made sure it was a mens watch, but-"

"Kev, I got you a build a bear. You got me a Michael Kors watch."

"I could care less about how much you spent on me, Corey. You went out of your way to get me something that you knew I would really like. So what if I spent more than you, that's not what our relationship is about...we're not trying to out-do each other. I just wanted to get you something I knew you could use. I know your mom is a fashionista and you probably have tons of these and better brands but-"

Corey chuckles as he takes the watch out of it's box. "I don't own a single watch, or anything that has a MK on it, just so you know. But thank you so much. I'll be sure to get you something extra nice on our two month. If...you want to keep me for that long."

Kevin scrunches up his face and kisses Corey's cheek. "Oh shut your mouth, and have some faith in us."

Corey smiles as he clips on his watch and looks at the time. He rubs his nose against Kevin's and takes a small breath. "I do. I just get worried sometimes. Well not really. I just...I just don't want to disappoint you. I've never had a boyfriend before and I'm not quite sure how this whole thing goes. But I'm glad that I have you, to help me figure this out. And I want you to know that I care about you a lot. I'd do anything for you, and I will always find a way to make you smile. Not to be completely emotional on you or anything...too late for that I guess," he laughs, kissing Kevin lightly.

"I want you to be as open with me as you want, Corey. Seriously. That's what keeps relationships together. Communication is key, and you're doing great with that. I love that. You're...you've come a long way." Kevin beams at his boyfriend. "...hey I almost forgot; but I'm still holding him so it's kinda hard not to. I need to pick a name for this little guy. Hm. I think I want to call him Pastry."

Corey laughs. "Pastry? What, does my boyfriend have a sweet tooth? Looks like that may be so. I have an idea...let's go out tonight. I'll take you out to dinner and then we'll go someplace where I know the dessert will be delicious. How does that sound? It'll sort of but not really compensate our gift to money ratio."

Kevin wraps his arms around Corey and leans his head on his shoulder. "Aw, how sweet. That sounds like a plan."

Corey kisses the top of Kevin's head. He's amazed at how comfortable he is with this boy. He's being a mush. A big, enormous, gigantic mush. Kevin is a miracle worker it seems, because Corey would never act like this in a million years.

~

Ben is still in shock from his dads reaction to finding out that he's gay. Ben was so angry at his sister until he realized that it wasn't her fault. She's five, she doesn't know about discrimination. And she wouldn't have any idea that her father could act differently towards Ben if he knew that he kissed boys.

But because of her, everything is better. Ben's dad doesn't treat him any different than he would have normally. He doesn't look at him funny or send him looks of disgust. He did ask him if Caleb was his boyfriend and Ben of course told the truth. Mr. Kellers was happy for his son- something that Ben honestly didn't expect.

Ben wants to share this good news with Caleb; this whole thing was what left a little bit of tension between them. Clearing it up now will prevent any more fights over when the right time to tell Ben's dad the truth and whatnot.

He takes his cell phone out of his pocket and dials his boyfriends number with a smile on his face.

"Hey Caleb, what cha doing?" He asks in a cute voice.

Caleb giggles on the other line. "Nothing really, just waiting for Corey's stupid dog to do his business. Corey's out with Kevin so I got stuck with this thing. Why what are you doing?"

Ben lies down on his bed. "Not much. I um. I have some news. Don't freak, it's nothing bad. I-"

Caleb whines. "Don't tell me over the phone, silly. That defeats the fun of good news. Didn't anyone ever tell you that? Anyways, why don't you come over to tell me. I miss your face. Even though I saw it yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that. It's impossible to get tired of your big blue eyes and sexy body. So I think it's in your best interest to come over."

Ben had hoped he would say that. It would be awkward for Ben and his dad if he told Caleb the news while he was still in the house. Caleb would be Caleb and thank Mr. Kellers and...it would just be kind of awkward. Ben didn't want Caleb to mention how Mrs. Kellers first reacted either. Ben's dad had no idea his wife became a nasty drunk while he was risking his life in Afghanistan.

"Alright I'll respect the rules of good news telling and be over soon. And pretty soon I'll be driving legally. I take my road test on the last day of school. So yay. Okay I'm stalling, I'm coming now. See you soon. Love you, bye bye."

Ben hangs up and grabs his keys, heading down the stairs in a slight hurry. He says goodbye to his parents and to his little sister. He's way too excited about this.

When he arrives to the Sordino household he can't help but sport a huge grin on his face.

"This must be terrific news because I have never seen you so happy," Caleb says, quickly taking his boyfriend's hand into his own.

"I am very happy. And you will be too. So I'll follow another rule of good news telling...first, sit down."

Caleb laughs and plays along, sitting down on his living room couch. He pulls Ben down with him and stares into his eyes. "Tell me, Ben, I'm dyin' over here!"

Ben looks up at the ceiling, pretends to look at an invisible watch, and tries to hold back laughter. He's totally doing everything on purpose. The suspense will be worth it.

"Well. This surprised me. A lot. I mean...I expected something really different than what happened. And like, I cried. I cried because I was so happy. Well I sort of had a meltdown. But a good one- I'm not sure what they call those. But see, it was so great. And now, we don't have to worry anymore."

Caleb makes a fake-angry face. "If you don't tell me right this second I'm gonna tickle it out of you so-"

"My dad knows I'm gay!" Ben says quickly, not wanting to get tickled. "And...he's okay with it. And not only is he okay with it, he's actually happy for me- and you. He knows about you. And it's great."

Caleb gasps and smiles. "Oh my god that is so great! How...did you tell him I mean, I thought you were going to let me know before you did. In case something bad happened?"

Ben leans back on the black couch. "Well that's the thing. I didn't tell him. He found out from my sister- weird and long story. But yeah, he just came into my room and told me he knew. And gave me a lot of encouragement. And I'm just extremely grateful because I was so scared that he was going to flip out and beat me to death or kick me out. But he didn't. And he still loves me. So I have a weight lifted off my shoulders. Because you're the only guy I've ever been with and if I lost you...I don't know what I would do."

Caleb's facial expression does a 180. "What did you just say?"

Ben looks at his boyfriend confused. "About...which part?"

Caleb stands up and folds his arms. "About me being the 'only guy' you've ever been with. That part. I MUST have heard you incorrectly."

Ben shakes his head. "No. It's true you're the-" he covers his mouth. He didn't. He really didn't. He couldn't have...he did. He slipped up.

Caleb looks so hurt, so very hurt. Like someone just took his dignity away.

"Caleb I-"

Caleb puts his hand up. "Ben, you...you lied to me. I gave you so many chances to come clean and...and you lied straight to my face."

Ben stands up and tries to walk towards his boyfriend, but it doesn't seem like it's going to work; he keeps walking backwards.

"I-" Caleb refuses to let him talk.

"You...I- I get it. I understand now I- god Ben how could you keep something like that from me? You had sex with me and you were clueless about it all and...and...fuck Ben, you let me- I hurt you, didn't I?" Caleb's lip trembles. "...I took your virginity without even knowing it. I- I would have been gentle, I would have made it good for you! You...you let me ruin you. How could...how could you do that?"

Ben covers his face. "I couldn't tell you, you said...it was a deal breaker if I never had sex before so I...yeah I lied but the only reason why I lied was because I didn't want to lose you!"

Caleb wipes away a few tears that drip down his cheeks. "Do you understand how I feel right now? Forget about feeling betrayed, that's...that's at the way bottom. I feel... like a fucking monster, Ben. Do you have ANY idea what that feels like? I...took advantage of your innocence and I didn't even know...and you were probably so scared and confused and you let me hurt you. And you lied to me. Over and over again," he sniffs and looks at the floor. "...god damn you for making me fall in love with you."

The older teen can no longer control his sadness. He chokes on the lump in his throat and lets it all out.

"C-Caleb-" Ben tries.

"Look I'm sorry Ben but you have to leave I- I need to be alone right now. I can't do this, I can't believe this is happening. I need time to think about this. Please just leave."

Ben tucks in his lip and nods. He fucked up. He knows he fucked up. Caleb is 100% right. He should have told him the truth. His constant lies just might have cost him the love of his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're a writer Join my slash contest!

I love everyone who is reading this =] here is a list of all the main characters and their info <3
Click here.

Thank you to the following people so much for commenting! You don't know how much I appreciate it!

miss.maddie.mayhem
joelle.
Atychiphobia.
Germanizer123
VampireAssassin
SuperOreoGirl
hugs.from.holly
wo0two0t789
Ann Silex
LeadThisFreakShow
DuckieGirl
rawrritsjess
dinosaursgorawr
jjjjeanlovesyou!
MagicalMayhem
lestatlover118
WHOAAA
Alex_Chaos