Status: New!

My Hero

Fifteen;

Deciding to talk to Joseph like this made my heart pound crazily in my chest, and I had to take a breath as I made my way to the backyard, where he was. I gulped a breath of fresh air, and rubbed my head.

Why was the thought of actually leaving him making me feel sick and broken?

Oh yeah, because I loved him.

Biting my lip, I exhaled heavily, and continued to Joe again.

"Hey Bells," he murmured happily, wrapping his arms around me loosely, kissing my forehead. "You alright? You look a little sick..."

I nodded, sighing and wiggling in his arms, trying to break free. "I'm fine," I replied quickly. Getting out of his loving, strong arms would make this a little easier.

His eyes just watched me, brown and warm, so enticing, so hypnotizing. "Um... Okay."

"I just..." I fumbled with my hands.

He had been holding a glass plate, and when he attempted to set it down, he stumbled, causing the plate to fall and shatter.

I stopped, cringing at the noise the china had produced when it hit the patio's stone. My head snapped to the broken plate, the pieces splattered all over.

"Shit," he muttered, crouching down to attempt to pick some up. "Sorry, babe. I've got it."

Something about the plate breaking... The pieces everywhere.... And Joe picking them up...

"No," I said sharply. "Just quit."

"Huh? It's a broken glass plate, it needs to be picked up."

"No!" I shouted uncontrollably, a tear escaping my eye. "Joseph, it does not need to be picked up by you!"

I attempted my best squat, and swatted his hand when he tried to hold me up. With a small glare at him, I directed my attention to the matter at hand.

Picking up a piece, I put it in a pile, letting it all grow and grow as the shards became a little hill.

"Get me a bag," I whispered, sniffling a little.

Looking at me with appalled eyes, he stood up.

Tears began falling even more profusely down my face, splashing onto my clothes and the ground. I was pathetic.

Why was I so mean to Joe? Why was I such a burden?

I didn't deserve him, not at all. And he deserved way more than me. He deserved a celebrity girlfriend, someone who was too gorgeous for words, that was just...magnificent. Not some fat girl like me, that was just a mean hormonal bitch.

I took another piece of glass in my hand, and felt the edge scrape my palm. Wincing, I stared at where blood was now escaping.

"Dang," I hissed, dropping the piece of glass.

"Bella!" Joe's voice yelled, amplifying as he cane closer. "You're bleeding."

"I am, aren't I?" I rolled my eyes sarcastically. "I was wondering what that was."

His eyes narrowed at me. "What's your problem? What did I do?"

I munched my bottom lip for a moment, and then returned his stare with an even worse one. "Because... You don't deserve this."

"Deserve what?" he asked. "You? Of course I don't deserve you. You're so much better than me, you're --"

"Shut up!" I spat. "We all know I bring you down, Joseph! I don't want to do that to you anymore. I broke the glass, and you try to pick up the pieces. It's not right. I deserve to get cut like this. Karma--"

His lips connected with mine, but I refused to kiss him back. He was making it harder than it was.

Tears falling, I pushed him off. Inches away from his lips, I stared into his worried, frustrated eyes.

"Bella."

"Joe... I..." It was killing me inside. But I knew it had to be done. "I'm breaking up with you. I don't want you in my life, in Jake's life."

His whole face fell, his eyes going dull.

Before he spoke, I stood up. "Please, just leave. All of you."

He got up, letting out a breath. "Bells--"

I held a hand up. "Stop. Just go."

A long pause followed, and I looked down, averting his gaze that'd just win me over again.

He sighed, and left me, slamming the sliding door closed. 

The slam shattered my heart, and the tears fell freely down my face, my heart falling down, pieces shattered just like the glass plate's. 

And no one but me could pick up the pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmyne here!
I'm so sorry for not having my chapter up in so long.
I have school and such, and I've gotta balance everything out.
But anyway!
How'd you like this? Whatcha think?
Please comment!
<33