Status: New!

My Hero

Three;

The next week of my life flew by like a breeze. I helped Joe finish his album and he flew back to L.A. I honestly don't think he is planning on releasing that album anytime soon, it was more of something for him to get feelings off this chest. Although, he did promise he's going to release it, he did say he isn't quite ready yet.
Oh, did I mention that I am pregnant? Like really pregnant?

That major weight gain and my weird appetite were only two of the give aways. I started to sleep whenever I wasn't working or moving around. There are times that I could have been sitting down watching TV and I would just fall asleep. Finally, my sister just came home, threw a box, containing a pregnancy test, at my face, and told me to take the test. Of course I knew I was showing symptoms of pregnancy, but I was definitely in denial. I mean I've only had sex once, with my ex-fiancé at that.

Let's just say, I was totally screwed over.

"Isabella, I'm leaving," Katie told me one afternoon while she was gathering her bags at the door. "I'll be back on Friday. Call me if you need me, but know that I'm going to be in New York, there's a slight time change."

I rolled my eyes as I ate Cocoa Puffs in the living room. "Kathrine, I'm not stupid. I know this."

"Ooh, look at that, you're hormonal already."

"Don't you have a flight to catch?" I hissed. "You can't catch a flight if I kill you first."

"Okay, okay. I get it, I'm leaving. There's no need to be a-"

"Don't you dare say it!"

"I'm not saying a thing. I'm leaving, bye sis."

"Bye."

As soon as I heard the door close, I relaxed into the sofa. I had to get up and get showered so I could go see my parents, let them now about their new grandchild.

Oh, I'm so not excited.

***

"Isabella!" My mother practically squealed as she hugged me, pulling me into the Westlake home.

"Hey, Mom," I laughed. "What's got you so excited?"

"I haven't seen my baby girl in months! I have the right to be a little happy. You should visit more often. It's only an hour and a half worth of a drive!" She scolded.

"In my defense, you could make the drive too. Plus it is a two hour drive with traffic," I explained, following the small woman to the living room where my dad was seated.

"George, Isa is here."

"Oh," he said, placing his newspaper down on the coffee table. My dad soon stood up and walked over to give me a hug. "How are you baby girl?"

"That's actually what I wanted to talk about. I need to tell you to something," I admitted, taking his question as an opportunity to let them now about my baby. "How about we sit down?"

"What is it, Isa?" My mom asked, taking a seat on the couch next to my father.

I sighed as I began to pace back and forth across the living room, thinking of how I was going to word the news. "Well, I went to the doctor the other day and, um," I paused, taking a deep breath. "I'm pregnant," I sighed.

"Wait, you're pregnant? You made it seem like you have cancer or something! I thought you were dying!"

"It's Daniel's," I added, ignoring my father's outburst. "I still have to tell him."

"Isabella, why do you sound so upset about it?" My mom asked. "You are a young woman, you have a steady job and a large home."

"Mom, listen to yourself. I'm young! I have a job that I love! I'm single!" I cried. "I don't want to be a mother yet! I feel like an embarrassment..."

"Sweetheart, you're not an embarrassment. If anyone is, it's Daniel for giving up someone as amazing as you are."

"I guess you are right."

***

"So, what's up?"

It's been a week since I told my parents about the baby, making me three and a half months along. It took me a while, but I finally decided to contact the ass that put me in this situation. Now, we are sitting in the kitchen of my house. I sent Katie away so I could handle this privately. If she were here, this wouldn't have a positive ending.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase," I started. "I'm having your baby."

"Ha," he scoffed, "that was a good one."

I groaned and rolled my eyes, muttering, "And obviously you would think it was a joke."

His face instantly became serious as he eyed my stomach which was covered gracefully by a loose fitting Beatles graphic tee. "You're not pregnant."

I shook my head, pulling my shirt up just a bit to reveal my growing bulge, "Tell me I'm not. I'm always hungry, I'm always tired, and I always need to pee. I'm knocked up alright." I released my shirt and folded my arms as I watched his frazzled actions.

He looked away, running his fingers through his blond hair. His bright green eyes began to become glassy as they filled with tears.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered after a few minutes of silence, a tear slipping down his cheek in the process. "I can't even begin to express it in words how absolutely sorry I am for everything. I keep giving you the short end of the stick."

"It's fine. I just need help. This baby is going to be hard to take care of alone."

"You aren't going to be alone, Isabella," he corrected. "I'm not going to be a dead-beat dad like my own. I'm going to be there."

"That's all I needed to hear," I grinned, pulling Danny into a hug. "That's really all I needed to hear."

And with that, we stood in the kitchen just holding each other and feeling the comfort of the other person's presence. As much as I hated what he did to me, I still cared about him and that wasn't going to change. Clearly the feeling was mutual.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know it's short but I had to get the point across. I wanted this story to have a family feel from the beginning so this new detail will tie in later. I promise.

Comment and subscribe please.