Status: comments are very welcome.

You are the Anchor, Holding Me Down.

1/1

Title: You are the Anchor, Holding Me Down.

One-Shot.

“I'm on the cruise to Paradise. I'm done with sin, I've paid my price. God is the Captain, Change your direction. Abandon All Ships!”-Take One Last Breath.

I glanced over at the clock anxiously. 5:23am it read back at me. I smiled kicking the covers which were on top of me off and jumped out of bed. Stumbling about my small bedroom, slipping on the shoes which were last kicked off in the corner of the small space. I grabbed my jacket and slowly opened my bedroom door, walking out and closing it again, tip toeing down the hall and down the stairs. I could hear the TV in the living room still on and its flashing lights falling out into the porch. Staying near the side of the wall I glanced inside the darkened room, every light off except the bright colors beaming off the TV. The sound of snoring was heard a long with the voices of the news-anchors on TV babbling on about some occurring event. I smiled, sighing slight, sneaking past the room and to the front door. The coast was clear and I proceeded out the door on my way.

It was dark, but that was expected for 5:30 in the morning. I walked along the abandon sidewalks letting the street lights lead me with there light towards my destination. Everything was dark but the night sky was clear. In the small oceanside community I lived in every house light was off in every house I passed. The odd car would pass by but it wasn't busy or chaotic like it was when daylight was present.
I hummed a light tune while I made it to the water front. It had been over a month since I had been home; being away at my grandmothers for half the summer was where I was at.

So I had arrived back home later that evening. I had mixed emotions as I caught a glimpse of the sparkling water in front of me. Since being away for over three weeks I was more than ready to see his magnificent oceanic blue eyes again. So swiftly making my way over to our special but not so special spot I couldn't help but grin widely as I came closer and closer to the storage unit sitting randomly upon the beach.

The shadows were thick as my feet thudded along the board walk and onto the pier. I ran quickly down it, my hair blowing in my face, the wind causing this effect. It was then I spotted him. He leaded lightly against the while paneled siding which covered the small building. Something inside of me wanted to scream out his name but I stopped myself from doing so and contained it. It had been over a month and even though our conversations had grown so short they died out I was positive that our relationship was stronger than ever. I knew he'd be down here, it was were he had come every weekend night of the year and even though I knew he didn't know I had returned home yet this was my chance to surprise him. I turned ready to run down the pier again but I stopped and turned back to him.
“ALEX!!” His name was being called. I gave a confused look over to the faintly looking scene, even though I could make out objects pretty clearly now. There wasn't any light, expect the outside one which was on the storage building he sat at. He turned his back to me as he looked the other way. I stood silently watching him and a blond girl meet up, there lips lock in a graceful kiss.

My body turned to Jello but my feet stayed solid, holding me down like anchors do for the ships that travel in and out of the harbor. He smiled looking down at her as she did the same looking up to him. Tears formed in my eyes seeing this all take place. Finally breaking apart of the trace I stood in I turned running down the pier letting all emotion run out of me. This was insane, he must of have gotten over me or decided to move on and not notify me. One or the other, but either way I was still heartbroken, still alone and still in the dark. And being with all of that I ended up screaming, tripping over something, a loose board maybe? And falling hard on my knees and almost flat on my face. I turned hearing they had noticed me. “Fuck” I grumbled not moving.
“Alex what was that?” she asked scared. “I'm...not exactly sure, lets go find out” he said walking over. I went ridged. How was I now going to face him. I angerly got up, ignoring the pain which shot through my hands and knees and started walked off. “HEY YOU!” I heard him yell behind me. I turned around, weirdly enough under a street light so he could perfectly see me and the mess I was in. “What Alex?” His eyes grew wide as he then heard the girl behind him. I turned to her figuring out she was last years new girl, a pretty one, the one with good grades and a perfect smile. Not me, never me. I watched as both of them looked away from each other reacting very similar to how I had moments before. I laughed.

“Forget this” I said and turned around. But I was stopped. “I thought yyou...moved” he said still wide eyed. I shook my head. “Nah, but now that I think about it, moving would be nice” I said. “Its not like this is paradise, but that's cool, I'm done here, later Alex” I spoke and turned around again walking away. I never could picture the look upon his face as I walked off, never could imagine it nor get the chance to see it but I was better than that. I could walk away from the night and darkness and move on into the growing sunrise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? (: