Status: Completed

Someone out There Loves You

Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)

“I personally think Ray's being silly. Go out. It's just like any other night.”

Clayah beamed, obviously pleased that I was on her side.

Ray looked like he was going to take Mick, my gorgeous green guitar, and smash him to bits when he got back to the bus.

“Molly Kayla Harper Iero, you will shut. Your. Face,” he hissed.

“You're not my dad, Ray, my full name doesn't scare me,” I spat back.

Mollers.”

“What? Is there any particular reason Clayah shouldn't go out and talk to people?”

It went on like this for a while, Ray and I staring at each other with absolute resentment the whole time. The last time Ray looked at me like this was when I almost broke up the band. I practically danced with joy when Clayah ninja'd herself out the emergency exit.

Enter Mikey, quickly becoming the most annoying pain in the ass that I've EVER HAD. Every time he opened his stupid face to tell me not to tell Clayah I wanted to kick his fucking ass. Sure, he was fourteen years older than me, but I could take him down if I wanted to.

He just wouldn't fucking listen to me. Neither would Gerard. They were constantly pushing my frustration levels to their peak and then over. And I was taking it out on everyone else.

I had thrown Tre's favorite drumsticks out of a window. I snapped at Quinn when he asked me a simple yes/no question. I had even initiated probably the largest fight with Jack that I had ever had with him and now we weren't speaking to each other.

I am just so fucking SICK of this shit.

They need to tell her soon or I will explode.

Thankfully I've had the scavenger hunt to take it off my mind.

Levi and I had decided that we needed to do something not totally fail for Drew's birthday while we were in Vegas. No lame ass surprise parties that weren't actually surprises. No weird as fuck dinner show at a cassino. Those were not to be allowed. So the plan was born.

Levi and Molly's Epic Vegas Scavenger-But-Mostly-Fuck-Around-And-Scare-The-Shit-Out-of-the-Locals Hunt

I had called ahead to random places and set up Scavenger Points. I wrote all the clues. All I needed to do was set up flags and pin the clues to the flags and ask people to watch them to make sure no one stole my shit.

Y'know what? I pretty much did everything. I'm renaming the hunt.Levi and Molly's Epic Vegas Scavenger-But-Mostly-Fuck-Around-And-Scare-The-Shit-Out-of-the-Locals Hunt

Take that Levi. That's what you get for not helping me out.

Lazy fucker.

(Just kidding)

Our caravan of buses rolled into Vegas around midnight. The glow of neon lit up Rush and Ruin's faces as they crawled over each other to look outside.

“Oh my God, the lights!”

“So shiny!”

“Let's get drunk!”

“Shut up Monster, you can't drink yet.”

We were still making fun of Monster about his drinking comment when the bus came to a stop outside of the next venue. I glanced at Levi and gave him the signal to cover for me before I snuck off the bus and made a mad dash for the bus that held my three favorite boys on the tour.

I had let BJ in on my little Scavenger Secret earlier that week and he had agreed to help me out. I knocked on the door as quietly and quickly has possible until he slipped out with a pair of roller blades over his shoulder. I passed him my shoes and shoved my feet into the skates as he slipped a pair of goggles and my Killjoy bandana over my head. As soon as the skates were tied I pulled the goggles over my eyes, the bandana over my face, and pulled my back pack on.

“We'll be in contact, Agent Killjoy,” he said gravely, handing me a walkie-talkie.

I grinned stupidly under my bandana. “Operation Hunt is a go, Agent Saint.”

I turned and skated off into the neon painted night.

Now, I can't tell you how long I was out there, how many cars almost hit me because their drivers never learned how to look where they're fucking turning, or how many prostitutes I saw, but what I can tell you is that Las Vegas is fucking DAZZLING at night. The stars were barely visible beyond the neon colored lights and the buildings reached into the sky like they were waiting for First Contact to come.

It was like a neon jungle in this city. I almost didn't want to leave.

“Saint to Killjoy. Come in Killjoy.”

Of course.

I snatched the walkie-talkie out of my pocket.

“Killjoy here. What's your situation?”

“Fun Ghoul is asking for your whereabouts. Stonehenge failed to tie up that end of his mission.”

Stupid Levi. I give him one simple thing and he fucks it up by not taking care of Frank.

“Keep an eye on Fun Ghoul, I'll be back to the Nest in ten. Killjoy out.”

I took a minute to place the last Scavenger Point and clues, then rocketed back to the caravan.

A bit too late I realized that I was going too fast to stop safely without a helmet. So I did the thing that anyone else would do. I ran into a bus to stop myself.

The resounding noise totally blew my cover. I barely got under the bus in time before people came filing out to figure what the fuck had just hit their bus.

I pulled my goggles and bandana over my head and stuffed them into my bag before fumbling over my laces in my rush to get the skates off. No one could know about this until morning, and no one could even suspect that I had been rocketing around Vegas without anyone with me. Frank would flip a shit.

I shoved the skates in the bag as I heard a small sound to my left. I almost slammed my head into the bottom of the bus in my complete terror that someone had found me. Instead I saw my shoes.

Bless that Saint. Bless him.

I army crawled out from the bus and pulled on my shoes as quickly before diving onto the Green Day tour bus with BJ.

“Okay, plan, plan.”

“I, uh, oh God, we didn't think ahead this far.”

“I know! I don't know what to do, Molly!”

“OH! I could pretend I was asleep in the back room!”

“That could work! Okay, we're exiting the bus on three. Look tired.”

“Ready?”

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three.”

BJ put his hand on my shoulder and lead me off the bus into the crowd of bands that were milling around outside.

“Guess who I found!”

“Mollers! Jesus, tell me where you're going before you disappear!”

I hugged Frank as I yawned. At least I didn't have to fake being tired.

“Sorry, I was tired.”

“Where was she?”

“In the back room of our bus, passed out.”

Mike gave me a look. “But I thought I checked-”

BJ gave him a death glare and he shut his mouth. No one seemed to find this uncouth at all. Not that I really cared, I just wanted to get some sleep.

“Alright, now that Mollers is found, who wants to have a jam sesh on our bus!?”

“I'm going to go sleep some more, mmk?”

Frank smiled at me. “Yeah, sure. Night, Sweetie.”

I climbed onto the My Chem and passed out as soon as I hit my bunk.

And yet somehow I was up fucking early the next day.

It could've been the excitement of the day. It could've been that my legs were in fucking pain from skating around for hours last night. I don't know. But I was awake.

I rolled out of my bunk, grabbed the ripped skinnies and loose tank top I was planning to wear for the day, and slipped into the bathroom to get myself ready for the day.

When that was done, I started the grueling task of waking everyone up. However, this task was made not so grueling with the help of my friend, Mr. Blow-horn.

I stood at the front of my bus and let go three sharp bursts.

The guys all tumbled out of their bunks into one big heap on the floor, shouting about elephants and Twilight and asking what the hell was going on.

“Get up, get dressed, and be outside in half an hour. Go!”

I exited the bus and copied the same routine three more times.

Waking up Rush and Ruin was probably the most fun, though. As soon as the first blast went off, Clayah and Drew started screaming about their ear drums and the guys all swore as they were woken from their respective sleep cycles.

When Clayah realized that I was the one waking her up she immediately gave me the evil eye.

“Molly fucking Iero, what the HELL are you doing!? It's-It's...”

“Eight.”

“EIGHT IN THE FUCKING MORNING.”

I handed her a cup of coffee that I had prepared in advance and she brightened up.

“Get dressed, get ready, and be outside in half an hour, thanks.”

I watched her hop up and skip off to start her morning routine before I left the bus to forage for some breakfast for myself.

Tre seemed to be two steps ahead of me, already. Dressed in what looked like nothing but a bath robe and flip flops, he passed me on his way out of the parking lot.

“Tre...uh, what are you doing?”

“I'm going to get some breakfast.”

“In your bathrobe?”

“I have a shirt on under, it's all good.”

“Alright then. Grab me a poppy seed muffin, okay?”

He just gave a thumbs up as he turned the corner, getting many awkward glances from strangers walking to work or back home from one night stands. I don't know how awkward it could've seemed, though. Vegas was a fucked up place to begin with.

A few minutes after that little exchange, band members started exiting the bus rubbing their eyes and looking, but fully dressed. And that's what I wanted. When the last few guys slugged up to the group standing in front of me, I grinned.

“So, everyone here?”

“Tre disappeared,” Mike said, raising his hand and ending up looking like a very tall five year old who needed a nap. “I don't know where he went.”

“GUESS WHO'S BACK!”

Tre leaped into the middle of the group as his bathrobe flew open. Obviously he didn't remember that he wasn't wearing any pants, or just didn't care, and we all got an eye full of something that we really didn't want to see.

“OH GOD, TRE.”

“MY EYES. MY BEAUTIFUL, VIRGIN EYES!”

“PUT IT AWAY, JESUS CHRIST.”

“THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO SEE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.”

But sadly, with Tre being Tre, he didn't put it away. Instead he just walked up to me and handed me a white bag.

“Your muffin, m'lady.”

“Put some pants on, Jesus! Having a censor bar over that in Bullet in a Bible was bad enough!”

He saluted before marching off to his bus to get dressed. I was afraid to close my eyes. I'm pretty sure that image was seared into the back of my eye lids for life.

“Um, well, alright. We need to get over that now-”

“We had Tre's junk waved around in front of us. That's not the easiest thing to get over.”

“Shut up Bert, it's not like you never do that.”

“Make me, Dan.”

“Why don't I just-”

Guys. We get it. Tre has some action going on down there. You're jealous. Can I please continue with what I was originally talking about?”

“I'm fine with anything as long as it distracts me from the image in my head,” Clayah said.

“Alright! So. We all know that Drew's birthday is in a few days. So Levi and I decided that we needed to do something not completely suckish. I mean, we're in Vegas after all! So I put together a scavenger hunt.”

There were numerous people mumbling at this.

“I woke up at eight for this?”

“Seriously? Scavenger hunt?”

“Why would you do that of all things?”

I glared at them all.

“Stop your bitching and get yourselves together. I spent fucking weeks planning this to keep myself from going insane because some of you”--pointed glare in Mikey and Gerard's direction--”won't listen to me. You are doing this. And there's going to be a prize at the end.”

Everyone definitely perked up at the word “prize.”

“What kind of prize?” Tre, thankfully with pants on, asked.

“A hygiene package. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste. The essentials.”

Much more pleased mutterings were passed through the group.

“Here are the rules. I've set up Scavenger Points around the city. There are clues for each separate band for which point to go after. These clues come with directions, and you are to do them exactly. Now you may be thinking, 'How would she know if we followed the directions?' You all have camera phones and you all have my number. You're going to take pictures or videos and send them to me as you move along in your hunt. The first band who reach the goal, which will be me and will be back here at the caravan, and grab me first will get the prize. Understand?”

Nods all around.

“Alright. Here are your clues. Team Killjoy!”

The My Chem boys stepped up and took the envelope.

“Team Ripper!”

I handed the Used their envelope.

“Team Peacemaker!”

Tre pranced up and snatched the envelope from my hand and brought it back to BJ and Mike.

“And Team Mechanics!”

I grinned as Drew came up to me and took the envelope in my hand.

“Thanks for doing this. I'm glad my birthday isn't going totally uncelebrated.”

“Just so you know, you get your own package regardless if your team wins or loses. My gift for you.”

She was all smiles as she went back to Rush and Ruin with their envelope.

I raised Mr. Blow-horn above my head.

“Teams ready? Three, two, one, GO!”

I blew the horn and they were all sprinting off to their respective points, phones out. Rush and Ruin were already tossing off their shoes. BJ was screaming “WHERE'S FOURTH STREET!?” at the first person he saw as Mike and Tre were diving at street signs and maps. My Chem were leap frogging their way down the sidewalk. The Used were shouting “PARKOUR” and jumping off walls and shit.

I honestly couldn't wait for these pictures.

But now I had the boring side of the hunt.

Sitting and waiting.

Thankfully the first pictures were showing up in my inbox. And that shit is funny. I cannot even tell you.

I got a very hipster-looking picture of Rush and Ruin in front of their first point outside of American Apparel with no shoes on. The image of Ray mid-jump over Frank was just glorious. And the image of Bert in a pink feather boa trying to seduce the oldest business man he could find was just...there are no words for that shit.

Green Day's image was probably the best, though. BJ was sitting on Mike's shoulders, shirt off and giving the most HERP face possible, while Tre serenaded them with his best Liberace impression.

And Tre's Liberace impression? Damn good.

The day went on like this. I received pictures and laughed at the idiocy that I was missing by being the goal and thus having to be stuck at the caravan.

Probably the best pictures I got though were of Frank and Levi in those large, yellow headdresses that show dancers wear. Honestly, that was an optional point and I have no idea how they got that shit, but they did. I was proud.

Around one I saw Clayah sprinting around the corner towards me. She stopped just a foot from me, breathing ragged.

“Oh God, please tell me that I'm first. Please. I just sprinted pretty much the whole way without shoes on.”

“Where's the rest of Team Mechanics?”

“Holding off...Team.....Peacemaker.....Oh God, my lungs weren't made for this.”

As I watched her gain control of her breath I realized that this was the perfect opportunity. Fuck whatever I promised Gerard and Mikey. Clayah needed to know.

“Clayah, can I tell you something?”

“Yeah, Mollers, anything.”

“Promise you won't get mad or upset or anything?”

“Yeah, just spit it out.”

“Well, Gerard and Mikey...they're-”

“THE PRIZE IS MINE, BITCH!”

Tre must've broken free from whatever Rush and Ruin were doing to hold off Green Day for Clayah. He tackled me to the ground and knocked the wind out of me. God was I glad that I was standing in the middle of a large patch of grass, or I would be insanely scratched up.

“FUCK!”

Just at that point, Rush and Ruin ran into the caravan with Green Day close behind.

“Clayah, please tell me you won! Please, PLEASE.”

“I was catching my breath! He came out of no where!”

“DAMN IT, CLAYAH.”

“MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE WATCHED HIM CLOSER, MONSTER!”

BJ and Mike were freaking out.

“OH MY GOD WE WON, OH MY GOD!!”

“Tre-Tre, I am DYING, please get off!”

“Oh, sorry Molly!”

I watched as Green Day continued to celebrate, Rush and Ruin continued to fight amongst themselves, and The Used and My Chem showed up.

I lost my chance.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who else has missed Molly? *raises hand*
Just so you guys know I'm starting another chapter in like... 5 minutes. Posting it ASAP.

AND DANGER DAYS WAS FUCKING RELEASED OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.
I still haven't heard it D= SAD TALE OF WOE.

Commentsssss? Love you guys.
-NLWP</3