Status: Completed

Someone out There Loves You

Headfirst For Halos.

“Is there any other way I can make this debt?” Molly’s voice wavered as she spoke.
Billie and Monster grinned mischievously.
“Absolutely not.” Billie rubbed his hands together and grinned.
Mollers made the stupid move to peek over the edge of the canyon. I’m pretty sure she also barfed into it, too. Frankie had his back to the entire situation but still made a very unhappy expression at me, as I was standing in front of him to make sure he didn’t turn around. This was for his sake, not mine.
I smiled. “You look like Frankenstien again.”
I narrowed his eyes. “I hate you so much right now.”
“Blame me not. It’s Monster and Billie AND Molly’s fault, not mine. And chance—you were the one who lost rock paper scissors.” Frank didn’t find this as funny as I did.
According to my parental units, I’d been to the Grand Canyon when I was four. Obviously I don’t remember it. But I’d never bungee jumped into it, and furthermore never seen a vendetta achieved there.
Remember the deal about Molly having to do the “next big challenge” of Billie and Monster’s choice? I’ll give you three guesses what they picked.
Frank made every argument against it. He wasn’t even scared enough himself compared to the fear he felt over Mollers. But after the rock paper scissors match previously mentioned, he lost. And propmty almost passed out.
Molly went first before the cameras started rolling. At her own request and Monster/Billie’s mercy for her embarrassment. (“’Ass’ being the key word,” Molly grumbled.) She made the professional make her harness as tight as possible and was practically suffocating, but to each their own if she felt safe[r] that way.
Molly looked over the edge again as the bungee was hooked into the back of her harness. “The cameras aren’t rolling,” Matt said, “So swear all you need to.” He turned and pointed to all the other bands. “As for you guys… our bleep guy is out sick. Take the hint.” When Matt turned around again Bert stuck his favorite finger out.
“Alright-oh,” the overly-perky bungee… dude said. “Ready Molly?”
“No.”
“It’s okay, you’re going to be perfectly safe.”
“SHE BETTER DAMN,” Frank snarled. “You kill my baby I kill you. Understood?”
“It’s really nothing g to worry about! It’s a great adrenaline rush; I’m even surethat she’ll want to go again.”
“Oh ho, wanna bet on that?” Molly scoffed.
“No. But, are you ready?”
“You have asked me that.”
“Don’t be scared!”
“Like hell, dude.” But she finally took a deep breath and stepped up to the edge of the canyon. My heart pounded in my chest for her and I almost screamed out for her not to do it.
I would’ve if I’d had time.
“REVEEEEEEEEEENGE!!” Monster and Billie ran up behind her, grabbed onto the poll holding up the landing overhead, and kicked Molly in the back.
Never in my life have I heard a scream so loud.
“HOLY JESUUUUUSSS!!” she yelled as she falled. “HOLLY MOTHER OF GOD, FUCK YOU TWO SO BEYOND COMPREHENUNFF.” The bungee kicked in and her chest jerked. She screamed again as she dropped a second time. “GET ME THE FUCK back up!!”
"That's it!" Frank ran up to the bungee guy who smiled with success. Frank grabbed the bungee tied to the pelvis of his harness. "Drag this damn theing back up!!"
Billie and Monster were laughing with success. Frank turned to them and shook his head while he tugged. "You sick sick sick motherfuckers..."
"Hey bro," Monster held up his hands in defense. "We just did the same thing she did to us."
"Yeah, but she didn't hurdle you over a cliff."
"True, but she pushed us down an ice hill," Billie said. "And we have a skiing phobia."
"And I have a my-daughter-being-killed phobia. But not a fear of murdering-the-asshole-who-nearly-did."
"Assholes," Quinn corrected behind him.
"You wanna die too, dude?"
"No I'm good."
By this time Molly was at the edge. Frank hooked the bungee back on the guy's harness and pulled her in, enveloping her in a hug. "MyGodmyGodmyGod are you okay?"
Mollers stood there in Frank's arms, no facial expression but shock.
"Mollers, baby, talk to me."
She looked right into Frank's eyes and grinned. "Can I go again?!"

Drummers were the first to go. With Drew being an adrenaline junkie she was literally bouncing to go. Tre was a bit freaked out but somewhat infected by Drew's enthusiasm. Dan stood with his eyes closed the entire time he was tied to his bungee.
"Ready guys?"
"HELL YES!!" Drew was itching to jump. Tre nervously mumbled words. Dan was muttering to convince himself he was on a beach with dolphins.
"Go ahead and jump."
Drew ran to the edge and threw herself over. Tre just tipped off and they both howled with joy.
"...And I'm surrounded by seashells and the heat is all that's making me sweat OH MY GOD." Eyes still closed, he walked right over the edge.

Bassist came next, but since they were brothers Mikey and Gerard refused to go without each other (and also insisted on flanking me when they did, but I didn't get pissed this time). Levi had to be forced to stand from his fetal position so they could attach his harness, Jeph made it like he was ten seconds from death, and Mike didn't talk.
Bert rolled his eyes at all of them. "Guys, it's not that scary, stop being pussies. Or do you all need to be kicked over the edge too?"
"NO." Unison.
Mike was the first to jump, and I think the only two went down because they were trapped in a white-knuckled handhold. The only one who wanted to go again was Levi--thus establishing Rush And Ruin as insance-- where as Mike giggled but was freaked out, and Jeph vomited.

Guitarists went next, but prved everyone wrong when Monster and Mark wouldn't let go of each other.
"You two do realize doing that may very well tangle your chords by doing that." The two clearly did not care. Quinn was obviously tempted to join them but didn't care to risk it.
Ray's reaction was to repent.
"Forgive me greater power for bitching about the ski trip," he wimpered. "And do not damn me to hell because of it?"
"Is it seriously fun? Or were you just trying to give me a heart attack?" Frank pleaded from Molly.
"It really is fun, I promise."
"Really is fun?"
"Yes."
"For real?"
Molly went into a mock-parenting mode. "You can ask me one more time. The answer will still be yes, and after that I will ignore your pansy ass."
"....Actually super fucking fun?"
"Yes."
Frank bit his lip. "Really?"
"Dear God." Molly threw up her hands in defeat and walked toward me.
"Be nice, Mollers," I said. "You were pretty scared too."
"You tell no one that."
"No promises."
"Fall in a hole and die, Shier."
"You'd miss me if I did."
"Don't get that confident." I giggled and hugged her with one arm.
Gerard came up behind Ray and Frank, clapping them on the shoulder in turn.
"Well, are you ready, Ray?"
"Yeah," he choked out.
"How 'bout you Frank?"
"...Fuck no."
I couldn't help but grumble in Molly's ear about how close that was to Vampire Money. Clearly Gerard planned on that and laughed with the two of us when we came back.
When they pulled Frank back up, he was smiling. "I trust you forever, Molly WEARETOTALLYGOINGAGAIN."

Mikey, Gerard, Bert, Billie, and I were the last to go.
"It just struck me how badly I don't want to do this," I said.
Bert groaned. "One more of you whines and you'll wake up in the middle of a lake tomorrow morning.
"Good luck finding a lake in the desert," Mikey said.
"I'm magic like that."
Gerard squeezed my hand and smiled comfortingly. "You'll be fine, Clayah."
"It's so fun!" the Ieros yelled to me.
"They're insane." As much as I didn't want to I glanced over the edge. Then pulled away as fast as I could.
Bert clarified that he was ready and flew over the edge.
"Guys?" I said to the Way brothers. "I have a confession to make."
"What's that?" Mikey asked.
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I'm afraid of heights." I gave a running start and jumped.
Wind whistled past my ears so loud that I could only be aware of my screaming through the feeling in my jaw. But When I bounced, I could hear Bert putting his all into not swearing.
"HOLY MOTHER...CAKE."
Hipocritical dumbass.
We got back up, and the Way brothers and I actually had fun doing it. Bert, on the other hand, got karma, and a ton of shit from all the other guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
My. Dear. God.
I am posting again as soon as humanly possible (most likely Monday) because I have missed these guys that much.
And I kinda missed you all too ;)
So Happy New Year, merry belated Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza/X-Men Christmas (if you get that joke from DesAndNate)/etc.
Promise I'll post again ay-sap. But first I have two little things to calrify:
1) I am aware that Bert and Gerard aren't really friends anymore. I don't care, they are now.
and 2) The reason it took me so long to post again was because I had writer's block from lack of Danger Days. But I did finally get it.
Who else totally wants to try sparkaling like Bowie in the morning sun and not caring about gravity?!?
-NLWP </3