Status: Completed

Someone out There Loves You

Homecoming

As I climbed up the front steps to the front door of Gerard’s house fucking mansion, my stomach rolled. I wasn’t about to meet my biological parents—they both had jobs and such and I would meet them when we got to New Jersey—but I WAS about to meet my in-laws. And niece.
Gerard put a comforting hand on the small of my back. “You know, you have absolutely no reason to be nervous.”
“He’s right,” Mikey said. “Lyn-Z and Alicia don’t even know you yet and they love you.”
“Maybe so,” I said, “But meeting you guys and finding out you were my brothers was scary enough. Meeting any more people I’m related to (indirectly) is going to be a little much.”
“You’ll be fine.” Gerard rang the doorbell.
“Sorry if we kind of ditch you in the foyer,” Mikey said. “We’re just so damn happy to be home.”
“I understand.”
The door flung open and there stood Molly, beaming. “Hey guys!” She flew ou the door and hugged me. “I don’t know why, but I had some setting paranoia that you’d die on the airplane.”
“Oh, that’s comforting.”
“Shut up, I can hug you again without that damn cast, so don’t ruin this.”
She pulled away and guided me up the steps through the door. I kind of hated that. Not that she helped, but that I needed it. The nurses at the hospital knew me long enough that they told me I was an awful patient. Personally I thought my stubbornness would help me heal faster.
As sson as I was in the door Gerard and MIkey slipped past me and ran to the living room and their wives. I took a shaky breath, damn sure my knees were wobbling so much that I’d shake my Demon Sticks right out from under me.
“Chill out, Cripple Cookie,” Molly winked. “Lynds and Alicia have been bouncing around all day they’ve been so excited to meet you.”
“It’s not that I’m not excited to meet them. I’m just… I dunno. Want to make a good impression, I guess. And I feel like these frikkin’ injuries make me look weak somehow. Plus the cuts on my face don’t exactly flatter me.”
Molly shook her head and gave me a look. “Have I ever told you you can be really stupid sometimes?” I flipped her off, which made my crutch slip out from under me and I had to tip over to the other side to balance, letting out a yelp. Molly laughed and picked it up off the ground for me. “Case in point.”
“Insert me flipping you off again here.”
She laughed again. “Now stop stalling. Get in there.” She started to gently push me toward the living room.
“What? You’re fucking coming with me!”
“You need alone time with them.”
“I will hit your boobage with my crutch! And I can reach up that high, I shit you not.”
“Ugh, fine.”
I walked (sort of) to the living room. As soon as I was through the entrance Molly, who had been walking behind me, vanished.
Molly Kayla Harper Iero,” I hissed angrily, “Get back here!
“Clayah?”
I turned to see Gerard and Mikey standing next to two gorgeous women, one of them holding the cutest baby I’ve ever seen on her hip.
“Clayah,” Mikey said, “This is Alicia, and this is Lyn-Z.”
“And this is Bandit!” Gerard tickled Bandit’s belly with his fingertips, making her giggle.
Lyn-Z handed Bandit off to her husband and walked toward me. “It’s great to finally meet you, Clayah.”
My throat was tight, but I managed to say, “It’s great to meet you too…’sis.’” She laughed and reached out, carefully putting her arms around my shoulders. I balanced my crutches against me and reached out to hug her back as tight as I could without hurting my arm.
“Hey now, don’t take up all the love!’ Alicia smiled. Lyn-Z let go of me and Alicia came toward me. “I’m kind of afraid to hug you, I’m scared I might break you.”
“It’s fine. I managed to hug Lyn-Z,” I chuckled. Alicia and I hugged. When we broke away Gerard bounced on his toes.
“Now get over here,” he said. “Bandit’s giving you her curious face.”
I hobbled over toward the couch. I could tell Gerard was nervous I might fall, so he walked around the coffee table, standing at an angle so Bandit and I could see each other. She looked at me with wondering eyes and checked me out in that baby sort of way.
“Hey there,” I cooed.
“Bandit, this is your aunt,” Gerard said. “This is Clayah.”
Bandit looked at me for a moment longer. Then broke into a grin and used her little made up language to say ‘hello.’ I brought my hand out the short distance to her foot and pinched it lightly, tickling the bottom of her foot with my thumb. She gave a little kick, delighted, and giggled. I was relieved that I’d always been good with kids.
“Want to hold her?”
“I raised my eyebrows at Gerard. “Seriously?”
“Yeah! Here.” He stepped out of my way so I could adjust myself on the couch. Alicia took my crutches and leaned them against the wall on the far side of the room. Gerard sat down on my right and set Bandit on my knee, and I put my arm around her so she could tilt back. She reached up, fiddling with my purple hair between her fingers. Lyn-Z took the opportunity to perch herself on Gerard’s knees. I hadn’t seen Gerard look so happy since I told him I forgave him.
Mikey sat on my other side and put his arms along the back of the couch, one behind me and one wrapping around the shoulder of his wife. “Told you they’d love you,” he whispered in my ear.
All of us sat a minute and admired the way I could amuse Bandit. I was stunned at how someone so little could help me forget about the nerves I’d contained less than ten minutes ago.
“Alright.” Lyn-Z stood and clapped her hands. (Gerard looked a little bummed.) “Gerard, Mikey—coffee?”
“Are you kidding?” Lyn-Z laughed.
Alicia stood too. “Here, I’ll give you a hand.”
“Clayah, you?”
“Absolutely, thanks.”
Lyn-Z and Alicia walked off to the kitchen. “Oh, you’re definitely their sister.”
My brothers, my niece, and I sat together on the couch. “I officially love them.”
“We knew you would,” Mikey grinned.
I saw Molly walk in the same way I’d come. “Oh, this is adorable.” She pulled her phone from her pocket. “Family photo right now.”
“No way, I don’t want any pictures while my face is cut up like this.” I turned my head away from her and looked at Bandit, making a couple funny faces so she would giggle again.
“Clayah, just look at the stupid camera.”
“Not a chance.”
“Please Dimple Dumpling?”
“I don’t have dimples, genius.”
“Look at the camera Clayah.”
No Molly!”
“Here’s your coffee, guys.” Alicia stepped in from the kitchen.
“Thanks,” I said. I reached up with one hand to pass a mug to Mikey.
“I got it,” Alicia said. She walked around the coffee table and stopped next to Molly. Alicia winked. “Got you.”
“Huh?”
“SMILE, SHIER!” I heard a shutter noise from Molly’s phone. “Haha, I can’t believe you just fell for that.”
I rolled my eyes. “You’re so mean to me.”
Alicia peaked over Molly’s shoulder. “Aw, she’s right though, that’s precious.”
“Here.” Molly stepped around the coffee table when Mikey stood to get coffee from him and me. Molly held the screen so I could see, and Gerard leaned over. When Mikey sat back down so did he.
There we sat, my brothers at my sides and Bandit at my knee. Gerard and Mikey smiled at the camera while I was still grinning from amusing Bandit.
Lyn-Z came up behind the couch and handed Gerard his coffee, looking at the picture. “Whoa… it is creepy how much you three look alike.”
“Yeah it is.” Molly took the phone back and looked at the picture herself. “I’m surprised no one figured that out sooner.”
“Considering how much you and Frank look alike I’m surprise no one figured THAT out sooner.”
Lyn-Z ruffled my short hair from behind the couch, laughing. “I love you already.”

What Makes No Sense To Me Is The Source
(Shier)

Breaths
So unsure, so insecure,
Taken like those first steps
And crashing to burn.
Looking out
Seeing the faces start to clear
The ghosts of the lost and found
Yet an itch in my soul says I’m not from here
The mirror and the gene pool
Are warped reflections of the other
And as I search for explanations
I have none

This is a home, but I don't belong
I hear music but there's no song
And it's playing like a twisted lie
If there's a shining light ahead
Please tell me that I'm mostly dead
Then living in confusion of a life

The concrete below
Chips to dust and cracks are formed,
Your mind starts to go
And fades away.
The sounds are stiff
And then like bones they start to break
But there's nothing here to vouch for some mistake

This is a life, but it's not mine
The clock may move but it's wasting time
Away in oblivion and space
And if the earth beings to quake
Explain why it feels like I'm not awake
And why I can't find a match in any face

Each day goes by but the sun don't rise
Every step heard but the sound burns
Why do I walk on melting ice?
Why don't the planets all collide?
Why guns aren't guilty for the suicide?
Why don't they tell me something right?

This is a home, but I don't belong
I hear music but there's no song
And it's playing like a twisted lie
If there's a shining light ahead
Please tell me that I'm mostly dead
Then living in confusion of a life

This is a life, but it's not mine
The clock may move but it's wasting time
Away in oblivion and space
And if the earth beings to quake
Explain why it feels like I'm not awake
And why I can't find a match in any face
♠ ♠ ♠
I find it funny is that that song tracks all the way back to one of the first chapters...

I feel just the slightest bit creepy bringing Bandit into the story. I don't know why, I just do.
Sad news of woe: the next chapter is the last chapter. TEAR ='(
BUT.
I am not posting it until I get a comment from every one of you that you've read Molly's stories.
So go read My Way Home Is Through You, Life On The Murder Scene, and The End. Considering how much you all love Molly I assume this shouldn't be too difficult =P
Why?
Because I've gotten a couple RIDICULOUS comments regarding Molly. I told you all forever ago to go read those stories. You are in trouble.
So once I get those comments, and I hear THOSE stories have gotten a few comments, then I'll post the last chapter.
After that I'll give you guys a special surprise ;D
.....
TEASETEASETEASETEASETEASE.
-NLWP</3