Quick and Painful

What?

-Matt's POV-

"What?" Bethy said with a heart wrenching look on her face. I tried my best to ignore it and went on with my rampage.

"I'm going to kill him! He can't do that to you! Stay right here. I'll be back soon. I promise," I responded. I leaned over and kissed her forehead.

The next thing I knew I was racing out of her hospital room and running down the stairs of the building.

Ideas shot through my mind one after another, building up a plan was harder than I thought.

I'll go find him. How will I find him? I'll call him. Where's Bethy's phone? I'll go to her house. Where's my key?

I reached in my pocket and pulled out the key chain Bethy had given me. It had my name on it on black and blue beads. She had made it for me when we were younger. It was never far from me.

I found her key and rubbed it between my fingers. How was I supposed to get him to talk to me? He knew I was her best friend.

I exited the building and headed towards the parking lot. I reached my car and paused.

What am I doing?

I remembered what she had said. How her face looked. "What?" That was it. But it was enough to stop me. I don't know why though.

Slowly I crept back to her room. I entered and a look of fear was on Bethy's face.

"Did y-?"

I cut her off. "No, I didn't. You stopped me. Your face. The look on your face earlier kept me from going along with it. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I scared you. I just wish I could fix it all, just for you." Tears began to fall slowly down her face. My own tears followed the act in suit.

Wiping my eyes I walked over. "I didn't want to scare you. I was angry."

"I forgive you, It's okay..." It was all she could say. Her tears streamed more freely down her face. It hurt me so badly to see her like this. I wanted to help her stop but I wasn't sure how.