Status: Completed :)

A Particular Needle

Part Sixteen

The next morning I woke up in Spencer's bed. I rolled over to notice he'd left my clothes folded and a little note. I read it, rubbing my eyes so I could wake up. He told he had to go to work early, but he'd be home before I left. He made sure I wouldn't leave without him.

I got dressed and headed home, there wasn't anything I could do at Spencer's apartment.

At home, my mom and dad were the only ones there. Decorations were still up and plastic cups and paper plates were everywhere. I went right into the dining room, where my mom and dad were sitting. They were eating breakfast, ignoring all the chaos around them.

"Good morning!" I exclaimed.

"Morning, Venus," my dad said. "How did you like the party last night? I didn't even see you, because there was so many people."

"That's because she wasn't there," my mom scoffed. "Taylor told me."

"What? When?" my dad asked. "You missed the whole party?"

I nodded sheepishly. "I had to fix things with Spencer, Dad. I'm sorry."

I could see my dad was hurt I didn't stay for the party he planned, but I could also see that he understood.

"As long as things are okay with Spencer, I think I'll live," he assured me.

I gave him a smile before I went into the kitchen to get my own breakfast. On the counter was left over cake from the party, and I thought it'd make the perfect breakfast. I grabbed myself a slice and joined my parents. My mom gave a disapproving look, but my dad laughed. The cake was the best.

Taylor and Jenna came over half an hour later.

"Venus, can you come outside for a second?" Taylor called through the house.

"No," I yelled.

"No, sweetie, you need to go outside," my dad urged.

I watched both of my parents as they smiled at each other. Something was up. I slowly excused myself from the table and went out to where Taylor and Jenna were. They were standing in front of a shiny red car, showing it off like Vanna White.

My jaw dropped. My mom and dad appeared behind me. My dad set his hand on my shoulder.

"How do you like it?" he asked.

"It's...m-mine?" I stuttered.

"All yours," my mom said confidently.

Jenna dangled the keys and I skipped over to grab them. Then I sprawled myself onto the hood of the car and hugged it.

"I love you," I mumbled to it.

"You're kinda weird," Taylor observed.

"I don't care, look at my baby!" I exclaimed, pulling myself away.

Taylor, Jenna, and I went for a spin around the block. I couldn't have thought of a better gift. Taylor sat in the passengers' seat and Jenna sat in the backseat in the middle.

We sang loudly to the mix CD Taylor had made me as a going away gift, so I would remember her. It reminded me of the times we had before, when Clarity was still here. I know she's looking down at us and smiling.

We all went out for lunch together and then we headed home. My dad and mom had brought all of the already packed boxes from my room down. I had thrown a few clothes I left out in one of the boxes and sealed it up.

My dad helped me lift the boxes into my car. Taylor said she'd already packed once, and wasn't prepared to do it again. We filled up my trunk and my backseat.

"I guess you're on your way," my dad sighed.

"I guess so," I sighed as well.

Taylor, Jenna, my mom, my dad, and me stood beside my car. I was prepared to get in, but it was much harder than I had expected it would be. These were four of the people I never wanted to leave, but I felt I needed to so I could come into my own.

My dad and mom has guided me through, making sure I never felt a lot of the normal things teenagers did. I missed out on that suffering. You might think I'm crazy for wanting to suffer, but suffering makes us who we are. Once you don't have to suffer anymore, life becomes dull.

Having everything you want seems nice, but it can only be that nice for a while.

A familiar black SUV parked on the street in front of my house. Spencer let himself out and joined us all.

"Nice car," he said, admiring it.

I hugged him and he turned away from the car to hug me back.

"You guys are so cute," Jenna cooed.

I stifled a laugh.

My mom, my dad, Jenna, and Taylor let me and Spencer talk alone for a little bit.

"I can't believe you're leaving," he said.

"Yeah, I know," I agreed.

"Venus," he began. "I, um, have to tell you something, before you go...uh, I-I love you," he said quietly under his breath.

"Pardon?" I teased. "Did you just say you loved me?"

"Yeah," he smiled.

"Well that's good," I admitted. "Because I love you, too."

Spencer gave me a kiss for the road. I had proper goodbyes with everyone else, and then I pulled out of the driveway.

I was confident that whatever else life threw in the way of Spencer and me, we'd figure it out and make it work. I wasn't scared of losing him anymore, because I knew he wouldn't let that happen.

Five of my favourite people stood on my lawn, waving goodbye. Well I could only see five, but I knew Clarity would be standing right between Taylor and Jenna, waving like a lunatic. I smiled to myself at the thought.

Then I gave one last wave and drove off towards Philadelphia, saying goodbye to my six of my favourite people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading and subscribing and commenting! This was so much fun to write, and you guys made it even more fun :) I'm glad you all liked this story, and I know this final part was short.
Feedback on what you thought of the story overall would be fabulous! <3
ALSO I'm starting a new story, so if you could pretty please check out my NEW ORIGINAL FICTION HERE.