Status: Completed :)

A Particular Needle

Part Two

We headed back up to our room after a long day by the pool. We're going to hit the beach tomorrow.

"Ouch!" Taylor cried as I slapped her shoulder.

"Sorry, there was a mosquito, I swear."

"What time is it?" Jenna asked. The sky was turning dark blue.

"I think it's almost eight," Taylor told her.

We headed in the back entrance and down marble stairs. It your shoes were wet, you would probably die walking down these things. Standing in the main lobby by the model furniture set was a strange looking crowd.

Taylor squealed. "That's the FBI!" she said in a loud whisper. "You think it's the BAU?"

"I don't know, you're the profiler," Clarity mumbled, then she yawned. "Can we just keep walking please?"

I hadn't noticed, but Taylor, Jenna and I had all stopped and were now staring at them. Clarity glanced over and I could tell the man who was in a black t-shirt and well-built caught her eye.

"Hot damn, I'll have some of that!" she exclaimed.

"Clare, shut up!" Jenna hushed her.

The man looked over and laughed. He was decently far away, but Clarity had said it pretty loud. Not to mention we were all staring at him now. And these walls created a loud echo.

"Look, he's looking over here. He heard you. Are you happy now?" I asked her.

"I'll be right back," she said to us, but was seductively smiling at him.

"Has she had anything to drink?" Taylor asked Jenna and me.

Jenna shook her head and grabbed Clarity by the arm. "Are you stupid? You can't go hit on an FBI agent."

Clarity shot a cold stare at Jenna and then stormed off towards the elevator.

"That was kind of uncomfortable," Taylor laughed.

"Why do you think they're here?" Jenna finally asked. I was waiting for one of them to bring it up.

"I have no clue," I lied.

Taylor shrugged. "Strange."

We all followed Clarity's steps back to the hotel room.

*****

The next morning we all woke up around the same time. We missed breakfast, but lunch started in another hour or so.

"Are you guys up for the beach today?" Jenna asked.

"Sounds good to me," Taylor said, "I'm gonna have a shower first."

Taylor headed into the bathroom while the rest of us changed. Taylor poked her head out of the door.

"Venus! Can you go next door and ask for a towel?"

"Are you serious right now?"

"The maid didn't leave us any."

I groaned and put on my short bathrobe. It cut just below my, you know, and I only wore it because Clarity bought it for me, otherwise I would burn the thing. It was her idea for me to bring it on the trip. I left the room and knocked on the door beside us.

"Hello."

I looked up to notice one of the FBI guys. "Oh uh hey. Um, do you have a towel I can borrow? The maid didn't leave us any."

"Yeah, uh, come on in."

I stood awkwardly in the doorway while he went and got a towel for me.

"Here you go," he said as he handed me it.

"Thanks. I'm Venus, by the way."

"Venus? As in the planet 67.2 million miles from the sun?"

"Sure," I laughed.

"That's different. I'm Spencer Reid, you can call me Spencer or Reid or Spence, but there's really only one person who calls me Spence in the world, but--"

"You're from the FBI, right?" I cut him off.

"Uh, yeah. I'm part of the BAU, Behavioral Analysis Unit."

"Right. So are you allowed to go to the beach?"

He laughed nervously. "Um, that's not really why we're here so I'm not sure it would be permitted."

"Well if you're ever free, maybe we could do something?"

Before he could follow up his stunned expression, the guy Clarity was checking out from last night came into the room. He smiled as soon as he saw me.

"Hey, it's you," he laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about my friend last night. She's...like that."

"No worries. You girls here on spring break?"

"Yup."

"Well it's very nice to meet you." He winked before he said, "I'm Morgan."

"Okay I think that's enough here," Spencer cut in. "We shouldn't keep you from the beach."

"Uh, yeah I should be going. Good luck with your case."

"Hey keep yourself out of trouble, alright?" Morgan said to me just before I left.

It reminded me again that there is a killer here.

*****

The beach was crowded just like it had been the day before. I wasn't really in the mood for swimming. Taylor and Jenna were get their asses kicked by the waves while Clarity and me laid down on our towels. Clarity was determined to have a nice tan by tonight.

"We're going to Coco Bongo tonight. It's supposed to be a hot spot. And you say I never do research," Clarity laughed.

"Coco Bongo?" I repeated. "Is this a legitimate place?"

"Of course it is. It's Mexico. You didn't expect the clubs to be in English, did you?"

"Does Coco Bongo even translate to anything?"

"Okay listen, I've done enough research for today. Let me tan. I want to be darker than the Mexicans when we leave the beach today."

"I met your lover today. His name is Morgan," I told her.

Clarity sat up straight. She suddenly seemed extremely interested in what I had to say. "The sexy FBI from the lobby?"

I laughed. "Yup, that's the one."

"You need to introduce me!"

"I don't know, Clare. They didn't seem too big on hanging out, I think they're probably super busy with their case."

"They have a case? I thought they were on spring break."

"You would."

"Well it shouldn't take that much convincing. I'll show a little leg and have a date for tomorrow night."

"I don't think you heard me. They're trying to stop a serial killer."

"And once they do, he's so mine."

"You're a slut. I'm going to get lunch."

"Tootles."