Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Friends

"Alice, Alice, Alice!"

Draco yelled as he ran in the hallways. He even ignored his mother when she made a comment to calm down. Her son turned eleven last month and it meant that he got the letter. Alice was brushing her hair, looking in the mirror as she saw the door opening in it and her best friends appear. That boy made a smile appear on her pale face every time.

"I got it." He proudly announced to his friend. "I've been accepted to Hogwarts."

She wanted to be happy for him; she really did but found that hard while she had no clue is she was joining him. She smiled hoping it would satisfy the blond, since she didn't know what to say. When she pictured this day she also imagined getting hers too. The boy however was not tricked and spotted the fake smile.

"Don’t worry Ali, you'll get it too, I know you will."

Only seconds after his voice said the final words an owl flew into the young girl's room, dropping a letter at the black haired girl's feet. Hope that quickly built into the two children's heart was crushed as fast as it came in as she read the letter.

Mademoiselle Marie-Adelaide Voltaire. Nous avons le plaisir de vous informer que vous avez été accepter à l'Adadémie de sorcellerie de Beauxbâtons.

Marie-Adelaide, called Alice or Ali by Draco, dropped the letter in shock. Draco picked it up but couldn't understand what it said but regognized the word Beauxbâtons and knew this meant trouble. Once the blow of dissapointement disappeared, she ran in the hallways passing some maids in the Malfoy manor.

"How could you?" She yelled entering the eating room where her mother, Christine Voltaire and Narcissa Malfoy were enjoying tea.

"Calm down and tell me calmly what's the problem" she said to her black haired daughter, annoyed

"How could you send me to Beauxbatons?" she cried

Alice knew that her mother wasn't pleased by the way she was acting, especially not in front of her best friend but at this point she didn't care. All she wanted was to go to Hogwarts with Draco. The mother didn't take her daughter in her arms as would any mother tried to consol their crying girl. Not in their family. The little girl's father was locked in Azkaban ever since she was one and her mother had to raise her in hopes she would be as a lady as she was.

"Instead of whinning you should be grateful they accepted you with that poor French of yours. If it wasn't for my cousin, I'm not sure if they would have even considered you" She explained coldly, trying to get back to her conversation with Narcissa.

"But I want to go to Hogwarts with Draco…" She whined

"Marie-Adelaide!" The girl cringed at the sound of her full name. "Grow up! You're going to receive your education so I suggest you start acting like a lady. You're a Voltaire and you're not going to embarras your family."

"But I don't want to be-"

"Marie-Adelaide, I don't want a another word from you."

The woman then ignored her daughter as she resumed her talk with Narcissa who kept looking at the crushed girl. If only she would have a girl, she would have never treated her like that. But the blond woman looked at her friend and kept her mouth shut: it wasn't her place to tell the girl's mother how should she raise her daughter. Alice exited the room where she met Draco who heard everything. There was no sign of hope as he looked devastated by the news.

"We'll still see each other during Christmas and the summer, won’t we?" the blond tried to cheer the girl up.

She nodded as he took her in his arms to hug her. She hoped he was right. After all they could still be close; they will still see each other during holidays. They promised after all, they would be friends forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, hope you liked it (: