Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Surname

Everyone in the classroom looked at Marie-Adelaide. Whispers erupted; those who recognized the name gasped as those who didn’t were asking for an explanation. She noticed Harry staring at her, listening to Ron who was saying something to him. She also spotted Neville who looked somewhat terrified.

"It seems you didn't read the student list correctly, my name is Voltaire."

"Mhm. In France you maybe inherit your mother's name if you wish but in England you're called by your father's surname, Miss Lestrange. Detention for you and Mr. Malfoy for talking in my class."

The whole class room shut up. Only two voices were being heard as the whole attention came upon a redhead and a boy with round glasses.

"I told you her father was a death eater. I told you there was something bad with her." Ron said in a whispered voice not noticing everyone could hear.

"Just because she's with Malfoy doesn't mean she's bad." Harry defended her, not even getting he was getting into trouble by doing it.

"Still talking are we? Detention for Weasley and Potter too. All four of you tomorrow in my office."

The class finally ended as the girl packed her books, getting help from Draco since she was too mad to do anything right. She started to walk down the stairs as she was joined by Blaise and Rachelle.

"Addie!" The girl continued walking, Draco in her shadow. "Addie! Come' on, talk to me."

Alice stopped to let her best friend catch up with her. Blaise was close behind her as he looked at the girl curiously.

"Addie, you have nothing to hide from me. It's no big deal…"

"That my father is in Azkaban because he tortured two Aurors until they went mental. Believe me it's nothing to be proud of."

"Now there, it was his orders. Who knows if he wasn't threatened? You know the Dark Lord would have said that if he didn’t do it he could kill his daughter." Blaise tried to somehow comfort the girl he knew so little about. It passed in Alice's mind that he was trying to look good for Rachelle.

"Blaise, in case you didn't heard her father is a Lestrange. You don't have to remind her of that." Draco snapped at his friend

"What did I do, I'm just trying to make her feel better." He defended himself.

"What Draco means is that my father wasn't threatened. The Lestrange like my father, his brother and sister in law, have a reputation of being extremely loyal to the Dark Lord. He did it because he worshiped him, like the rest of the Lestrange." She explained

"Then I don’t get it, teachers have been calling you Voltaire…" Rachelle started

"Because my mother asked them too. She didn't want other kids associating me with a Death Eater. Not to be judge you know."

They made it to the Grand Hall as whispers greeted them. Marie-Adelaide Voltaire, in reality Marie-Adelaide Lestrange sat down at the Slytherin table. Her friends ignored the revelation. Suzanne's mother was also sitting in Azkaban but she never revealed why. The fact that Addie's dad was bad didn't really worry them. Instead they found others stuff to talk about.

"So you're friends with Draco again I see." She observed

Addie looked at Draco and smiled back to Suzanne.

"Yeah. It was so stupid why we were fighting in the first place."

"So you guys hang out since you're very little?" Pansy asked besides her

"Yeah we grew up together." Addie explained "I was supposed to go to Hogwarts with him but my mother had different plans."

"Yeah, that's too bad. You know if you would be also sorted in Slytherin, which what I heard you probably would have." Pansy was referring to Alice's last name "We could have been great friends. How about you hang out with Suzanne, Laura and me this evening?"

Since Alice got here, she would strictly spend her evenings talking to Draco, her Beaubatons classmates or doing homework. She never talked a lot to Pansy, who she heard a thing for Draco. Alice wondered if it had anything to do with the revelation that her dad was a Lestrange.

"Sure." She simply responded.

After classes, she explained to Rachelle where she would be but the blond witch just declared she had plans with Blaise anyways. Alice followed Suzanne and Laura to the common room. The witches were in a middle of a conversation when Draco found his very first friend sitting.

"Alice, I was looking for you. Where do we meet to go to detention?"

Alice cringed when she remembered that tomorrow she would have to deal with Mad-Eye. Madame Maxim was quick to know that the young girl received a punishment. She explained the situation and was lucky that the tall woman understood but did not take the sentence off. Alice did take the time to rant about the teacher's attitude towards her. Her headmistress did offer to put some pressure so that he could at least stop calling her Lestrange. It didn't matter to Alice anymore since everyone knew but she still accepted since Dumbledore would hear about this.

"Why does he call you Alice?" Pansy asked "All your friends call you Addie..."

"In Beauxbaton Rachelle started calling me that in our first year and it stuck to everyone. My father and the Malfoy family called me Alice so Draco just took the habit."

The four girls spend the rest of the evening talking about the different life here at Hogwarts and in Beauxbatons. They lost track of time when they all started to gush about the Dumstrang seniors, all of them well built and good looking. The ball came into conversation as Suzanne teased that Draco was going to ask Addie. Alice looked at Pansy who looked away, so she tried to end the Draco discussion her two other friends were starting.

"How about Blaise and Rachelle? I think there's something going on there." Addie stated, trying to drift the subject away.

The rest of the girls got exited as they started to exchange information, whenever they saw them talk together or spotted them alone. All of the girls agreed that they'd make the cutest couple. When they noticed it was soon midnight, the Beauxbatons girls said good bye and made their way into the quarters. As Alice was falling asleep she thought for a minute, how things would be if she was invited to the Yule ball by Draco. It made her head fill with scenarios what would happen if she would have been send to Hogwarts in the first place.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that sometimes I might not explain everything clearly so if you have any questions don't be scared to ask me.

Thank you for reading and for the comments. Hope you enjoyed it!