Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Detention

Alice and Draco walked up to Mad-Eye's office with a frown. Neither of them was too happy about spending their evening in an office doing chores for something so stupid. When the duo opened the door, instead of finding the ex-auror, they found Harry and Ron. It reminded the girl that both of them also had detentions, one of them trying to convince the second one that she was evil. Words that Draco said about Harry floated in her mind as she did exactly like the blond, ignore the two other boys. The teacher arrived soon after and quickly explained what they had to do. Two of them were in charge of cleaning the office and two others classifying some files. He explained that both task had to be done as teamwork and Alice found no objection. She liked to work with Draco.

"Malfoy, Potter in the office. Weasley and Lestran… Voltaire you two stay here."

"Professor? Are you going to keep an eye on us?" Ron asked with a worry voice

"What are you, a first year? You can take care of your ass, can't you? I will know if you switch the teams." He threatened as he left

"So Weasley? Scared, are you?" Draco immediately made fun of him

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy." He responded

The ceiling turned black as lightning struck in the middle of the four teenagers, Mad-Eye's way to tell them to get to work. Alice hated that stupid all-seeing eye of his. She looked at Draco as he smiled to her, encouraging her that it would be okay. He leaned in to tell her some last minute advice, in her ear which seemed to the two Gryffindors that he was kissing her on her cheek.

"Make sure you scare the bloody shit out of him. Since you have nothing better to do." She smiled as he followed Harry to the teacher's office. As he was going on the stairs he looked down and saw her still looking at him so yelled. "And remember Alice. Before the ceremony tomorrow, I want to introduce Victor to you. I told him about you and he looks forward meeting you."

Addie smiled as he disappeared behind the door leaving her with the redhead alone in the classroom. As soon as Draco slapped the door, a whole bunch of documents appeared.

"So I guess we should start, no?" Addie said trying to be nice

"Yeah whatever, Lestrange."

Alice couldn't believe this guy. She was staring to understand why Draco was so mean to them: they were asking for it.

"Weasley, you got a problem with me? It's not wise to make me mad."

She smiled inside when she saw he actually scared. They spend the rest of the next hour in silence. It wasn't hard to separate the parchments but long and boring. She looked sometimes at Ron who just wanted the job done so he'd go away from a Death Eater's daughter. She looked at him and made a provoking movement which scared the boy as she laughed.

"Are you really terrified of me?"

"You're raised by Death Eaters, you're friends with Malfoy and you think there is nothing wrong with being in Slytherin."

"It's all true." She said as he looked at her, curious "My father was arrested when I was one. Didn't give me much time to be raised by father. My mother, she's not a Death Eater although she sure is evil. She separated me from the only person I grew up loving by signing me to Beauxbatons."

"So you don't support you-know-who?"

Addie bit her lips. Her whole family supported the Dark Lord but this wasn't the time to tell that to the world.

"No, I don’t. He's dead and gone. So you don't have to be an ass to me or Draco."

"I'm the ass? He's been a jerk since the first moment I met him. And his father is worse."

Marie-Adelaide just continued doing the work. They exchange a couple of more words, just small talk. Mad-Eye stepped into the room dismissing the boy and girl quickly as he entered his office screaming.

"HOW OLD DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BOY? I CAN'T LEAVE YOU TWO ALONE FOR A FEW HOURS WITHOUT YOU TRYING TO KILL EACH OTHER."

Both Alice and Ron started to laugh but were shut up when the professor came back into the class. The two boys left the office soon after as Alice smiled.

"You were right Alice. He's bloody mad."

Alice started to laugh as she waved to Ron, but in a way so that Draco couldn’t see.

"So Weasley still terrified of you?" he asked

"Yup. Made sure to scare the living life out of him" She smiled.

But two seconds after Harry came running to her and she feared her lie would be exposed.

"Uhm, Alice?"

"Addie." She corrected him, fearing for her reputation with Draco

"Do you want to hang out sometimes? Ron just figured out that you're okay and threatened to kill me if I wouldn’t ask you."

"I'll get back to you." Addie said just before Draco took her by the arm, walking away. She had a feeling this was going to be tense.

They walked in silence until the common room. He left her there and walked to the boy's dormitory. This really sucks, Alice though while getting out and walking to her quarters.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Hope you liked it (:
Let me know (L)