Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Change

The day after detention, Draco Malfoy haven't said a word to Alice. He was still mad that the girl lied to him even if it was something so trivial. Blaise tried to talk the blond about seeing her but his friend said that it was her turn to apologize. Addie was still sitting at the Slytherin table but far from the furious wizard. Pansy and Suzanne asked what was wrong but she didn’t want to explain anything. She noticed the Slytherin girl also had a cruel humour and might support Draco and his case if she discovered that Addie was befriending Gryffindors. The ceremony to select the three champions was about to start, everyone was talking out loud. At one point she noticed a guy coming to sit beside her.

"Are you Alice?" he asked with an accent. "I'm Victor Krum; it's very nice to meet you."

Addie smiled politely, as he shock her hand. She glanced at Malfoy who looked away as soon as he noticed the girl looking at him. The ceremony started sooner then planed so Krum assured her he'd get back to her. Her friends teased her that he was interested as she ignored them all. Rachelle didn't seem too happy about that and Addie knew what was really on her mind. The whole hall filled with silence as Dumbledore announced the beginning. The lights dimmed and anticipation filled everyone's thoughts. The flame turned red as a piece of parchment flew into the headmaster's hands. Victor Krum was announced champion of Dumstrang as his friends cheered loudly as well as other students. Addie smiled and clapped her hands. She noticed him glancing at the table making her friends tease her more. When the eighteen year old man left the hall, a second paper, flew this one obviously from Beauxbatons. All the girls stayed in silence as the professor tried to find a side to open it from. Fleur Delacour's name was said and half a second later, all the girls in blue uniforms, including Alice, stood up and cheered their school mate. She exited from the same door as Krum did only moments ago. The next champion was a guy named Cedric Driggory. He smiled to everyone as the Slytherin table cheered for theirs school's champion. He left the room too. When the headmaster started to talk about the challenge of this whole tournament, nobody expected the fire to turn red again. But it did. Everyone silenced themselves and stared at it. Addie thought it was maybe something normal but by the looks of the teachers it wasn't. A paper flew from the cup and nobody dared to say a word. Only Dumbledore's voice spoke.

"Harry Potter."

Addie found the boy pretty quick who sat down as soon as he heard his name. The professor yelled his name a couple of time but the boy wouldn’t budge. Hermione eventually pushed him as he walked to his headmaster. Whispers came from everywhere; every single stare was directed to him.

"Isn't he fourteen like us?" Suzanne asked "Why is he chosen?"

"I don’t know." Addie answered even if the question wasn't for her.

"Oh are you sure Lestrange? Sad that your best friend Potter didn’t tell you."

Addie's heart broke when she heard Draco's voice. The Slytherin table fell silent as the group stared at the two former friends. Addie understood why he could be mad and was planning on fixing the situation but she didn't expect him to make things worse.

"Don’t talk to me, Malfoy!" She warned him. Addie would never allow him to speak to her that way.

"What are you doing sitting here? I think Weasley would rather much having you than we do."

"You know what, I don't know." Marie-Adelaide stood up and took the Slytherin crest from her suit. "Don't bother giving it back this time."

"Believe me I won't. Won't trust you ever again."

"Good. And I know you lied to me before. You really though I wouldn't figure it out."

"No, I actually didn't."

"If you dare to talk to me like that ever again… you know what. I'm gone."

She got up and luckily other students were getting up too. She ran as fast as she could, ignoring Rachelle who was screaming behind her. Addie had no idea where to run, so shortly after found herself at a dead end. She fell to the ground crying. Rachelle soon was on the ground next to her friend, trying to consol her.

"He's an idiot. A bloody idiot, how could you even listen what he has to say."

"He used to be my best friend Rach. We grew up together…"

Rachelle tried to make her smile but she just couldn't. The blond girl just didn't understand how it all happened. The five girls from Beauxbatons were very curious at the begging when Addie started to hang out with Draco. After a couple of days it seemed that the two of them would be soon dating. But when they were staring to get cozy, fights erupted.

"Well when you guys were small, how did your fights usually end?" Rachelle asked, hoping to find an answer in that

"We didn't. We'd never fight for ten years."

"Then why do you two keep brawling all the time now?"

Marie-Adelaide looked straight into Rachelle's eyes and hold out more tears as she opened her mouth.

"Because we grew up."

We changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry there has been a little mix up with the chapters and here's the real one.
Hope you like it and sorry for the confusion