Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Quidditch

"I know it's somewhere, okay?!" Draco Malfoy yelled as his friend Alice giggled.

They were both in Draco's room who was desperately looking for a picture. Alice mentioned that she still kept a picture of them in her stuff, telling him she's a better friend and actually meant it when she said she missed him. Draco simply said he had two pictures with him since first year. Alice, not a gullible child at all, said he was lying. So there she was, sitting on Blaise's bed watching her friend completely turn his entire luggage upside down, making a huge mess. His robes and books flew everywhere and were all over the place, pictures yet to be found.

"You're probably just making this mess to distract me. I know you have no picture…"

But as soon as these words left Marie-Adelaide she actually found something that caught her mind. She was pretty much getting used to the robes here at Hogwarts, so the ones she was looking at were defiantly not to walk around with. They were completely green with a pinch of silver and with the snake on a crest, similar to the one she had. She tried to figure out first what those were on her own but didn’t fall on any good ideas.

"What are these for?" She asked pointing the green robes

"My Quidditch robes. I made the team two years ago. I'm the seeker of course."

Alice smiled at her blond friend as she got up and took the robes. She was obviously smaller then him so when she pressed the green material on her, it was slightly too big.

"I knew you would. I'm proud of you." She smiled to him.

"But it really sucks not having you as a beater. You would have been so bloody good."

Alice just gave him a small sad smile as she took the robes to the mirror. She stood still, trying to imagine those robes on her and with a broom. Draco came behind her and slid his hands from her shoulders to her wrist, trying to give her some courage.

"Since it's a Sunday, and we finished all of our homework, what do you say if I take you to the pitch so we could fly and maybe a little one on one?"

Alice's faces immediately lid up as she turned to face her best friend.

"We're allowed?!"

"Of course. Since you guys came and invaded our school, we don't have Quidditch this year so the place is deserted. I'll give you a broom and some robes from the locker…"

"Are you joking? I'm wearing these clean ones. Not from a locker room."

"You expect me then to wear someone else's." he asked with a smirk

"Two reasons. They're your teammates and I'm the girl here." She answered, backing

"Alice Lestrange, give back the robes."

When Draco called her Lestrange, she didn’t get mad for the reason that she was always a Lestrange to him. It was weird to him to call her Voltaire; he's only learned that her mother's name was Voltaire when she received the letter to Beauxbatons when they were ten. He was actually grateful that he didn’t let it slip before the professor did. Besides, Alice didn’t expect him to call her Voltaire; it's like if she would start calling him Black. Of course, the youngest of the Lestrange line started to run, trying to shake the blond away. Happy, she locked herself in the bathroom and no matter how many Alohomora spells the boy tried, it just wouldn't open.

"Ali" he whined. "You'll never get in them; they are too big for you."

But the girl did not listen and for a response she simply yelled the spell so that the blond on the other side of the door would hear.

"Reducio!"

As there was a silence, she got in the robe. It took maybe less then a minute so that Draco realized what happened.

" You did not just shrink my Quidditch robes!" he yelled. His voice was maybe mad, but the girl dark haired girl knew it was for the comic of the situation and that he was kidding just like she was.

Alice opened the door revealing that she did in fact shrink his robe and was wearing them. Draco had to do huge efforts to keep his mouth close. The girl standing in front of him was simply stunning. He couldn’t believe how gorgeous she looked in green. Her black hair fell perfectly, her skin color looked less ghostly and her green eyes stood out even more… For a second he was grateful that she wasn't on the team; there was no way he could ever get used to her beauty and concentrate.

"Don’t you just think I look amazing?" She asked slyly.

For a second he got scared she saw it on his face but soon realized that it was simply fake vanity.

"Not as good as I do." Lies, lies and lies. He couldn't take his stare off her. Why did they force her to be in blue all the time, she looked like a goddess in green and he just couldn't keep it to himself.

"You look good in green." She gave him a questioning look. "I don’t know. It's just that your hair and your eyes… your eyes stand out so much."

"Thanks. So are you going to tell me where your broom is or am I going have to steal it myself?"

Draco smiled at the girl who rushed into his room. Ever since she came here, he'd been hearing things and saw the stares. For three years he'd been the bully, only smiling when something bad was happening to someone. But that girl was more than just a girl; she's always been someone more to him. Of course most students were sort of thrown back, never believing he could actually care about someone. As she found the broom, he started explaining that she couldn't get on it in the halls and they'd have to wait to be in the pitch. They stopped by to get Draco some robes and were soon off to the pitch. Randomly he started to sprint and looked back.

"You're still as slow as ever Lestrange!"

She started to run behind him, complaining that he wasn't fair. Obviously, he slowed down to give the dark haired girl a chance to catch up. She jumped on his back, both of them laughing. People were looking at them, trying to figure out why both of them were in their Quidditch robes yet the duo didn’t even think of paying attention, both of them in their world of childhood memories and happiness. Under the weight of Alice on his back, Draco looked down, continuing to walk. It didn't take long until someone got in their way. The impact was strong and Alice almost fell to the ground but Draco helped her and she was safe on both her feet.

"Watch where you're going!" Draco yelled furious that who ever this person was, ruined their little moment. Alice looked and noticed Neville Longbotton staring at the duo dressed in green. "You're always going to get in my way, aren’t you?" Neville shivered remembering how Malfoy put a curse on him in first year that glued his legs.

"Draco it's okay." Alice tried to calm him down

"No it's not! You could have been hurt."

The incident started a fuss as people gathered including some Griffindors like the golden trio. Neville was just too scared to say anything as he started at the Lestrange.

"Then take care better care of her instead of blaming it on everyone else." Hermione came to the scene

"Who asked you mud-blood?"

"Don't call her that." Ron threatened, furious

"You know it's hard to believe you're actually a pure-blood. Such bad taste…"

"I have had it with you…" he yelled louder as took out his wand

"Come' on Ron, he's not worth it." Hermione said trying to pull him

"Yeah listen to your mud-blood girlfriend…"

Ron was seriously provoked and started to walk towards them as Alice tried to stop things.

"Come' on Draco. I want to go play, I'm sick being here." She tried to make him walk away with her and it was working fine as he took her by the shoulders and started to walk towards the Quidditch pitch until Ron had to talk back

"At least I defend Hermione! And I'd never let my girlfriend fight for me."

Draco turned but didn't seem mad but amused that got the dark haired girl worried. There were still a good number of students that were witnessing the brawl.

"Jealous? I saw the way you and Potter drool over her. But don't kid yourself Weasley. She'd never go for some like you."

"If she's all that great you don't have much chance either." Harry retorted

"Harry, that's enough!" Addie exclaimed

Everyone stared at her. She was furious how the fight suddenly switched on her subject. She didn't want another fight with Draco, all she wanted was to get on the pitch and play like the old times. Addie advanced to the Gryffindors and missed the huge satisfactory smirk her blond friend had.

"Leave Draco and me alone."

She walked to Draco taking him by the arm. When they walked further and nobody could hear them, she expressed herself.

"You could be a bit nicer! That wasn't necessary!"

"I'm sorry. I don't know what got over me… I just wanted my alone time with you."

"Consider yourself lucky you even get it. I'm still mad about what happened."

All that could Draco could do was smile. "You shouldn't think about them. They're not worth it."

"And you are?" Draco smiled more

"That's the thing about you. Nobody will ever be good enough for you. But there are people, like me who can try."

Alice laughed since she had no idea what else to do. She had to use every thing in her not to blush.

"So are we going to talk or play?" she said, instead of pushing the uncomfortable conversation.

With a wand and a spell, Draco and Alice were able to shift some rocks into balls that they needed to play. It was like old times; they hit the bludgers, raced to see who'd catch the snitch first and shoot some hoops while the other one was defending. At the end they were both feeling very tired so took a break and lay on the ground next to each other.

"Draco?" She waited for a response before telling her next line. "I was offered to study at Hogwarts next year."

Draco's body shifted as he looked at her. "You're coming here next year?!"

"I don't know yet. I want to but you know… I'd give my whole life away."

There was a silence before Alice heard her friend's voice. "I know, I guess I get it. And if you choose to stay in France… this time we're fourteen. We won't loose contact, right?"

Alice took her hand. With the Quidditch glove on, only her fingers were bare as she laced them in Draco's.

"We'll never ever loose in touch. I promise."

Eventually their eyes closed, bringing the duo into a deep slumber, with smiles graved on their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this one is my favorite so far (:
Hope you guys like it too (L)