Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Study

Even though Draco and Addie may have seemed to be absorbed in their books during their study session, they had other thoughts in mind. Draco would time to time look at Addie and smile to her, while she giggled to herself, looking down, just a bit redder. Sitting on opposite sides, only a couple of Slytherins and Beauxbatons separated them. They tried to keep it discrete; they were not flirting after all, both of them knew that. But it sure seemed like they were, especially to others.

"Oh Merlin, just looked at him. If Snape would have cared at least a little bit and kept them longer she would have been going with me and he wouldn't be smirking all the time."

"Ronald. How could you even know she even wanted to go with you?" Hermione asked, perplexed

"Well if you would have seen how sorry she was for turning me down, you'd agree with me."

Snape at that point made a sign for Ron to shut up. Harry ignored the little scene while thinking who in the world he could bring to the ball. Addie had been his obvious first choice. She was a very nice person and he considered, even if there had been a few awkward conversations, her as a friend. Of course if would have also meant to get her a bit further from Malfoy which could be good for her. His rage would've been also fun to watch. No luck for him. Cho ran in his mind. He'd rather much go with her but figured that Addie would be easier to ask.

"You think it's too late for her. They seemed pretty friendly before but now it's just ridiculous, he's acting as if he's actually her boyfriend!"

"Well obviously you didn't hear about what happened."

Harry looked at his friend curious what would she say. Ron was not so patient either.

"Then spill it!"

"You remember about two Sundays ago when you noticed Addie went missing. Well she really did go missing and so did Malfoy for the night! The teachers searched everywhere until they found them sleeping together on the Quidditch field. I think a lot of things happen; you talk when you're left like that. If they were to date, which I have doubt that they do, they would keep it a secret."

"But that's ridiculous. So what, Addie is friends with Malfoy since she's little, maybe she doesn't want to date him!" Ron exclaimed before getting hit on the head by Snape

"Who really knows?! Why don't you ask her since you're so sure that she would have said yes anyways?" Hermione said in a bitter voice

"You think she could have been in Gryffindor?" His friends turned to Harry, wondering why the sudden change of subject.

"That would have been cool. But Malfoy had to get to her…"

"Oh Merlin Ronald, drop it!"

Hermione left but that didn't stop the two boys from talking. Snape had just about enough; it was a study period so he hit the boys once again hoping to shut them once and for all. The boy annoyed left.

"I hate study period with Snape, never lets us have a word." Ron murmured.

The action caught some attention but it went unnoticed to Marie-Adelaide and her friends. They didn't even bothered reading; they were in conversation over the ball. It didn't take long before she noticed a paper flying her way. She opened the note, knowing it was from Draco; she remembers him learning that trick when they were still little.

What colour will your dress be?

She looked up to him then smiled writing the reply. She send the paper bird flying back to the blond. He opened the message too.

It's a secret.

Alice laughed seeing his reaction and went back to the conversation with Suzanne and Rachelle.

"So it's agreed right? This Saturday we're going to shop for our dresses?" Addie asked

Suzanne nodded. "It's so nice of Madame Maxim to bring us to Paris. I don't know how I'd manage in Hogsmade."

"So a Durmstrang invited you? You lucky girl, I saw him talking to you. I think I regret telling Draco that I didn't want a partner."

"His name is Ivan. And yeah he said he noticed me a couple of weeks ago and couldn't help but to wonder if I had a date for the ball and everything… he's just so adorable."

Addie gave a huge grin to Suzanne before telling her once again how happy she was for her. She turned to see Rachelle reading her book, trying not to pay attention to her friends.

"What's wrong Rach?" Alice asked, worried

"It's nothing; I'm just trying to concentrate on the problem."

"So you're going with Blaise, right? How cute is that?"

"I'm not going; he didn't ask me out yet."

Addie turned towards Draco and Blaise. It seemed that Draco was trying to convince his friend about something but Blaise seemed to defend himself by the hand gestures. Alice was practically positive it was about Rachelle. She checked on the clock and noticed that they had spent enough time. Draco got up too as he joined his friend.

"I got to talk to you about something later. We have to match that friend of yours with Blaise." He whispered in her ear as she nodded.

"I'll meet you later in your common room, okay?"

Draco and Blaise left as Alice waited for her two other friends to pick their stuff. When they were walking out, they send a nice smile to Snape, one of the teachers who treats them the nicest.

"I love study period with Professor Snape; he always lets us talk."

"Can I talk to you Rachelle?" Blaise asked in a hushed voice as soon as the three girls plus Isabelle came into the green and silver decorated room.

Rachelle left with him as the girls who were left made themselves comfortable were Draco was already sitting.

"So what did you tell him?" Addie asked him, happy with the results

"I swore that I overheard that Longbottom wanted to ask her out. I mean ever since they were paired in Herbiology…"

"Thank god you're such a gifted liar." Alice smiled to him.

"Hi Isabelle." Everyone turned around to see Theodor Nott smiling at Isabelle

"Hey Theo. How are you?" She asked smiling shyly.

"Not bad. I'll see you in Transfiguration tomorrow, right?" They sat besides each other and Addie just recalled seeing them talk a lot.

Isabelle nodded as Theodor left to his room, leaving questions in Addie's and Suzanne's eyes.

"So… are you just going to sit there silent?" Suzanne asked and Isabelle sighed

"If you must know… he sort of invited me to the ball but I was way to shy and stupid to accept and well… I didn't"

"What?! Addie exclaimed "Go and say yes!"

"What if he already invited someone else or something…?"

"You're loosing time, Belle! Go, go, and go!" Addie encouraged her as Isabelle got up and ran, retracing Theo's steps.

In a bit less then five minutes, Isabelle came back a huge smile on her face. She described their conversation and all. The girls were more then happy to learn that they were going together. Draco seemed awkward in all this and was very surprised to see how girls tell each other practically every detail. A bit later Rachelle came back. Her face seemed pretty neutral if not scared and Addie couldn't wait to bombard her with questions.
"I'm going back to our quarters if any one's coming with me." She said in a rushed voice. Addie something else happened than just an invitation for the ball.

"I think we should all head back. Wouldn't want to be caught in the hallway after hours again. Or worse in the Slytherin common room." Alice added looking at Draco who knew what this was about. "Bye Draco."

Addie and the other girls saluted Draco and left the Slytherin common room. As they were walking, the three girls pounced on the blond

"So did he ask you to the ball?" Addie practically yelled

"Not exactly…" She stopped as three pairs of eyes stared at her, just dying for answers. "He asked me to be his girlfriend." The three girls only gasped, waiting for more details. "And I think I just said yes…"
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be the only update of the day :(
Yule ball in two chapters; anyone excited? :P

I love you all (L)