Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

School

I don't even know why I am writing this, really. Tomorrow I will be off to school for another year, the forth time. To think I only did three and I still need four more. I'll miss it here, in the south of France. I'm in Marseilles, to be exact, a very nice popular muggle destination. I spend my whole summer away from my mother with some friends from school like any other holidays. I really don't care what happens tomorrow, it's just school yet I can't sleep. I had dreams keeping me up at night, dreams, more like flashbacks, from my early life. Of course there's a blond boy that keeps appearing in a lot of them. Draco Malfoy, boy where do I even begin with him? It's stupid to think we were so naive at the time. I saw Draco the last time briefly during the Christmas vacations during our first year at school. Since then, I avoided my mother and stayed at school. Even during summer I tried to see her the least possible and stay at friends' houses. Do I miss him? Dearly, but what could I do now? It's been too long after all.

The girl dropped her quill, as she didn't want to continue writing, in fear that the nostalgia would bring tears in her eyes. Her mind raced quicker then she wrote; millions of memories had already invaded the poor girls mind. Of course she regretted that she lost contact with Draco but she couldn't do much about it now. She didn't even know how it happened. It seemed like she stopped thinking about the blond overnight. She even wondered if he was still blond. She had changed and a lot. Once her hair black short and curly; was now long and straight. Only recently she had dyed it black again since the last couple of months it was red. She went to bed staring at a picture she had recently found. Maybe if she stopped staring at it so much before bed, she could get a good night sleep. She thanked that maybe when school started she would maybe forget about him. She dozed to a short sleep before it was time to return to school.

If Marie-Adelaide's mother wanted her to become more of a lady like person by making her attend to Beauxbatons, she succeeded. The lone Voltaire child picked up her schoolmates traits like being proud, classy, well-mannered but snobby and slightly cold. To Marie-Adelaide, called Addie by her friends, being the best was important. Her grades were impressive and so was her need to know everything. She was one of Madame Maxim's favorite. A charming girl, she was respected by her peers and students older than her. She sat with her friends, giggling as they exchanged memories from this summer waiting for their Headmistress to announce the beginning of the year speech. She observed the first years and their exited but frightened faces. That certainly wasn't her four years ago. She broke many teachers' hearts when she arrived broken and crushed. Addie was still thankful when she remembered the help she got from her teachers the first weeks. In no time they helped her get better which might have been the loss of her old friend. This year there was something, a new feeling in the air. Rumors were being passed from ear to ear, that something huge was happening. Like every other person, Addie exchanged theories with her friends and people besides her.

"Welcome all to another year in Beauxbaton." Madame Maxim started in French. "I hope you all had a nice summer and spend the time chasing after boys and tanning." The girls giggled as Addie smiled nodding, recognizing her. "This year, there will be a little change but not too worry, just for the year. You see our seniors and some select students from grade four and six with outstanding grades…" Addie looked up, knowing this was a concern to her. She didn't know exactly how high she was in standings but teachers never hid from her that she was one of the brightest. "…will travel to Hogwarts this year to attend the Tri-Wizard tournament.

Addie's world became black as she fell on the ground from her chair, unconscious from shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for your comments and I hope you enjoy this one :D