Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Doubt

The plan for the weekend was simple: they were to meet in a slow business pub, just outside Hogsmate. Both Alice and Draco were scared it would be awkward. After all they weren't on the same relationship level as their two friends. Turned out it wasn't different as the other times they hung out. Everything was the same with the exception that Draco could have his arm around Alice and keep her close to him. The boys went to order some drinks for their girls and themselves when Rachelle came and stole Draco's spot.

"So everything alright with Draco?" Rachelle asked with a sly smile

"Yeah. I really like him and he told me the same." She beamed "You and Blaise are getting really solid, I guess. It's going to be four months soon."

"Next week." She pointed out. Remember when I told you I thought I loved him? Well I do. It's more than just a crush and I feel so much more than when I admitted that I liked him. It's not too soon, right?"

"You know him for six months and you've been dating for four. I think that's enough time to have everything figured out."

"I don't know how to tell him. I don't want to wait at the end of the year since he might think that I'm being emotional and leaving."

"How about you stay here at Hogwarts? You've been raised by an English family too." Alice suggested, about to admit her plans for next year

"But my very proud French grand-mother would never allow it. Every girl on my mom's side received their education at Beauxbatons. I would be breaking a tradition that's been going on for centuries!"

"I'm staying." She announced. "For my OWLs. Madame Maxim would be more comfortable if I took them in English." She explained which was sort of true.

"Liar." She teased. "If Draco wouldn't be here, you'd never leave your friends."

"There is some truth in that. But Madame Maxim offered me the choice before we stepped into Hogwarts. I recently decided that it might be a good thing."

"Actually Blaise and I discussed the matter and the advantages of me transferring here." Alice remembered the conversation. "I would really want to but I'm so scared what would my family think. You know the influence my grande-mère has on my parents."

Addie knew that Rachelle's grand-mother came from a pure-blood family as old as the Voltaires but she still inherited her very British father's surname, White. She was told the least she could do was attend Beauxbatons.

"My mother..." Addie started after a small silence "Will be pissed out of her mind. I'm actually going to go home for three and four days and explain to her that I'm moving to England and unless it's to visit my friends again, I'm never setting my foot in France again." She paused again. "If you're not ready to do it for me, do it for Blaise. Not only would you do better on your OWLs but you don't have to say good-bye in June."

Rachelle smiled, once the name of the boy she loved was mentioned. Addie saw how strong her feelings were for the boy. The two came back with their drinks and Rachelle returned to her usual place. She offered to plan how Monday was going to go down. Addie on the other hand, was very stressed about that breakfast. When they heard someone come in, Draco pulled away from Alice, leaving her sad. She began regretting her wish to keep it a secret. She wanted everyone to know she was his.

Addie had a lot on her mind with the homework she had to do. She couldn't concentrate in the library since there were too many students there talking, the quarters were full with girls gossiping and she imagined the Slytherin common room to be full as well. She decided to set up in the Great Hall, where it was deserted at this hour.

"What are you doing here?"

Addie jumped when she heard a voice behind her. She turned and saw Harry, all alone for once, looking at her.

"I'm studying. Can I ask you the question back?"

"I was looking for my book and I was under the impression I've left it here." He explained
Alice nodded before turning her glance at the work she was supposed to be doing. She usually was the best in her class but this year for some reason she couldn't concentrate properly. Giving up momentarily on the problem, she looked at her friend.

"You want to sit down?" She offered as the boy took a seat besides her, smiling.

"Not used to sitting in this part of the Hall." He commented as he looked at the view from a different angle, Slytherin's one.

Addie giggled in return, changing the subject to something she wanted to talk about. "I thought it was really brave what you did in the lake. Trying to save everyone."

"You would have done the same, I'm sure."

"No I wouldn't have. If it were me I would have never sacrificed my life for three strangers." I admitted, a bit ashamed

"But in my case I knew three of the people. It was like if you had to choose between Malfoy and your friend Rachelle."

"So it was Ron and Hermione... Oh I get it, Victor's person!"

"Cho was also under water and I couldn't leave her without making sure Cedric would come for her. He did, Krum did later and I kept waiting for Fleur..."

"But Fleur got eliminated!"

"I didn't know that. I took it too seriously."

"But you still attempted to save her! You, Rach, Draco and everyone else can try to make excuses but that won't change that was one of the bravest act I've ever seen, well heard of." Addie confessed

Harry thanked her with a small smile before the conversation closed. Alice couldn't help but to think that if Draco would decide and go search for his girlfriend, he'd be real mad right now.

"Harry..." Thinking of Draco made her remember something she'd love to ask. "Let's say you'd like a girl and she'd like you too. And once you'd ask her to be your girlfriend she'd say yes under the condition that no ones to know about it. What would you think?"

He took a deep breath. After asking himself why would she even ask such a question and then though of an answer. "Obviously I'd try to understand why she would want to keep it a secret. There has to be a reason and I'd try to find it."

"Would you tell Ron and Hermione?"

"Obviously." He answered first. "Well depends how much she's mean to me... Addie is there a reason you're asking me this..."

"No! Don't think like that Harry. Sorry for making it sound but no. I just needed a guy's point of view that's all." She said a little embarrassed. "Would you doubt her? If she said she liked you."

"I probably would. Why else would she keep it a secret?"

"Even if she gave you the best excuse?" Alice didn't think it was smart pushing it but she had to know and ask him this all the way.

"Even then. Like I said there must be a reason to keep it a secret. If she's lying to everyone, maybe she's lying to you too."

Alice thanked Harry as she told him she needed to go back to her quarters. Draco never said a word to Blaise she was sure because Rachelle would have probably said something about it. He never truly pressured her about confessing to her friends that they're dating even if he joked about it. But was he secretly doubting her? If she's lying to everyone, maybe she's lying to you. There wasn't any choice anymore. She had to talk to Draco and come clean to everyone. She wanted the world to know he was hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so the next one might come out in three weeks. I remind you that I'm going to continue this story and sorry for the absence. I will miss you guys and I love you all (L)

Hope you guys like this one.