Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Birthday

Addie was sitting in the room alone. She walked through a door and found herself in the hallways of Hogwarts. She wondered what time it could be to find the place deserted. This part of the castle was always so busy. Alice walked in the direction of the Great Hall hoping to find a familiar person. She smiled when she recognized Draco from far, standing back to her.

"Draco!" Alice yelled, convinced it was her boyfriend even if she didn't see a face.

The boy didn't react and started walking. She shouted his name again before running after him. After crying his name a fourth time, the blond looked back. He was wearing black robes, non school ones even if they were in the middle of Hogwarts. He was paler than she remembered him, thinner and looked like he hasn't slept for days. But he was still her Draco and he would always be beautiful to her. She stopped, joining him but still kept a distance.

"Yes?" He asked, serious without cracking a smile. She loved the fact he always beamed when he looked at her.

"Nothing Draco, I just wanted to..." See you? Talk to you? She saw him just yesterday and she needed to be close to him. Was he annoyed she was starting to act like addictive girlfriend? But he was like her; he couldn't get his hands off her and wanted to spend every moment with her. "Well I don't know, I just wanted to be close to you."

"Why? Wouldn't you rather be with him?" He asked, with a hint of disgust

"No, there's no one I rather be with but with you. All the time, right Draco?" Alice said, hoping to see him grin

"Is that your new strategy? Trying to make me die of laughter?" He asked. "Go back to him. Oh look he's coming now."

"Draco, no!" She looked back and noticed a guy coming from afar. When she turned back, she found the blond boy walking away. "Draco, wait!"

Draco disappeared as Alice ran after him, yelling his name. She wanted to know what was wrong with them. She loved him so much.


"Draco..." She mumbled "Draco..."

When she felt a weight on her, the bed trembled greeting the person who just came on, Alice opened her eyes, already forgetting the dream when she saw an attractive boy sitting on her.

"Hi handsome." She said, welcoming the blond

"You were dreaming about me." Draco said, smirking

"No I wasn't." She said, thinking he was just fooling around. It wasn't much of a dream but more of a nightmare.

"Yes you were. You were moaning my name over and over. You can't stay away from me, not even when you sleep." He said before kissing her. Alice kissed him back and pulled only a few moments.

"Why would I want to stay away from you, even just for a second?" She asked, testing if he was anything like he was in his dream.

"Can't find any reason myself. I'm just that amazing" He answered smirking. Alice hit him on the chest before pulling him and kissing him.

Draco got off his girlfriend and lay besides her. He looked at her, how beautiful she was to him for a moment. He had troubles sometimes in resisting kissing her all the time. If he had it his way he'd never would take his hands off her.

"To what do I owe the special wake up call? I'd love to have them more often." Alice said, making him smile

"Too bad next year, boys aren't allowed to step in girl dormitories. You on the other hand can wake me up every day if you want." Alice grinned "And the wakeup call is to make sure, you'd start the day of your birth in beauty." Draco leaned to kiss the witch but she didn't reply.

"You remembered my birthday?!" Addie exclaimed, sitting up, shocked

"Don't. Truth be told, my mother reminded me. When I arrived yesterday for breakfast she gave me robes to go out and told me I had to go and buy you a present,"

"You didn't have to..." Alice started but was cut by the blond

"I would've if I would remember so I was so grateful she reminded me. Close your eyes." He added with a smile

Alice didn't have to be asked twice. She did what she was told and tried to hide how excited was she. Draco put something in her hand and she opened them to see what it was.

"Draco, it's amazing." She said looking at the figurine of a transparent pink heart. She held it between two fingers, looking what was in it. It surprised her she didn't find anything.

"You don't even know what it does yet." He said with a smile. "I have the same one. If I'm ever away from you, all I'll have to do is kiss it and yours will glow. Then you'll know I'm thinking of you. And if you kiss yours back, mine will glow too."

"Won't you be embarrassed to kiss a little pink heart?" Alice asked, hoping to hide just how much she's touched

"No; I have the world's most beautiful girlfriend, the rest doesn't matter to me."

"You are incredible Draco Malfoy!" She said as she practically jumped on him "Thank you." She told him as she kissed him "The present is incredible." She kissed him again longer. "You're fantastic." She kissed him even longer again. "I've never been happier since our roads slip up. You're extraordinary, what have I done to deserve you."

"For starters you make me feel like this." As he kissed her, he sat up brining her up with him.
Alice didn't want to ever leave this room. She was so happy with him alone, she started thinking why need an outside world. Their stomachs brought them to reality as Alice blushed hearing hers growl. Draco waited outside as she changed from her PJs. The Malfoys were already eating breakfast when the teenagers entered the dining room.

"Happy birthday Alice!" Narcissa exclaimed as soon as she saw the birthday girl coming in with her son.

"Thank you." Alice said sitting in front of the blond woman and besides her boyfriend

"We invited your mother to spend the day with us for your birthday. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you two could at least see each other for dinner?"

"Yes it would." Addie lied. Seeing her mother was no birthday present.

"She misses you dearly. Always talking and bragging about you and your grades. She's missing a picture because any mother would love to have such a beautiful daughter. I only have a son..." She smiled looking at Draco but returned her glance to Addie "maybe a grand-daughter one day."

Draco chocked on what he was eating as Alice nearly did like he did and turned bright red. A shadow of a smirk appeared on Lucius Malfoy's lips, amused by the reaction of the two teenagers. It had been an obvious fact that the two pure-bloods would end up together and he was convinced if her father would be free, he'd have the same opinion. He felt his left arm burn again and lost any signs of amusement from his face. The mark was acting up for some time now; he knew there would be some changes soon. As the pain didn't vanish he got up and excused himself from breakfast. He needed to do a short tour and visit certain people before going to work. As he was leaving the room an owl entered and dropped a letter in front of Marie-Adelaide.

"It's from my mother." She explained looking at two curious blonds.

Marie, ma très belle fille.
Je suis très contente que tu es retournée en Angleterre après tant d'année d'absence malgré le fait que tu as décidé de quitter Beauxbatons. Mais j'ai contacté Madame Maxim et elle pense que tu as fait le bon choix. J'ai confiance en ton et son jugement. Je dois avouer que j'étais très surprise quand Narcissa m'a écrit pour me dire que tu es arrive chez elle mais contente que tu as retrouvé Draco. Tu l'adorais quand t'étais jeune. Malheureusement je ne pourrais pas venir aujourd'hui pour ta fête ni cette semaine. Quel dommage j'aurais tant aimé te voir! Peu être cet été si tu décidé de passer les vacances avec les Malfoy.
Je t'aime beaucoup, ma chère et bonne fête. Continue d'étudier et soit même meilleure. C'est la raison pourquoi tu change d'école! Ton père serait fier de toi.
Maman.


Anger built into her as she finished the last sentence. Instead of crying she looked up and smile sadly to Draco and his mother.

"She can't come. She's busy." She explained.

"That's too bad dear. I was hoping she'd come, it's been a while since I saw her you know. I remember when you two were younger we'd spend so much time together. I mean we practically raised you two jointly!"

Alice shut down Narcissa's blabber as she re-read the letter in her head. You father would be proud... How dare she treat him as if he was dead? Her father was proud and Addie knew it. Every bone in her body felt the connection he made with her during that one year they spend together. She's been told that he loved her. She could tell that he thought of her all the time. Throughout her childhood she had to stand her mother talking of her father as if he was dead. She'd been repeated that he left. He didn't leave he was send away! As soon as Alice was left alone after the breakfast she burned the letter.

"Hi." Draco said opening the doors to Alice's room later the same day. "Happy birthday beautiful."

"You must have repeated that line a million times today. It just reminds me that I forgot yours." Addie whined

"I have something to show you that should make you forget that. Come with me."

Alice grabbed his hand, curious what was that about. He brought her to the staircase and started walking up. Addie was out of ideas what this was all about when they reached the attic. She kept quiet and followed him.

"Close your eyes." He said for a second time today.

Addie didn't want to since she was curious what would he do but did so anyways. She felt him take her by the hand and guided her out a door. When she felt a chilly breeze she knew she was outside.

"Draco, why are we outside?" She asked him, lost beyond belief.

"Wait a few seconds you impatient fool." She felt him kiss her before Alice had even the time to get mad at him for that comment. She couldn't resist smiling and let him guide her. "Okay open."

When she opened her eyes and looked around her. They were on the roof. Nothing special out here just a roof. Alice felt Draco behind her as she looked why he could bring her out here.

"Draco..." She started not turning around.

"Just hang on..."

He was toying with her and she knew it. She took a couple of breathes and kept quiet. She heard her boyfriend mumble a spell but he was too quiet for her to hear it. Nothing happened for a few seconds until Marie-Adelaide noticed little lights all around her. Before she could comment the little balls of light turned into little fireworks. They were all around them. When some would die out new ones would appear. It was the most beautiful thing Alice has ever seen.

"Draco, are you doing this?" Addie asked. For an answer, Draco put his arms around her and held her so close "Draco this is the most epic thing I've ever witness."

"It's a little birthday surprise and I guess I'm bragging a little in the mean time." He said with a chuckle

"Yes, yes Draco, we all know what an amazing wizard you are." Alice said, happy he was acting normal

"That's not what I'm bragging about. You think this is beautiful but I don't. I see you every day and I'm pretty sure nothing I'll ever see in my life will compare. I'm trying to show you what you mean to me." Alice turned around to look at the person who just spoke the words that touched her beyond belief. "That's why you make me smile every time I see you."

Out of words he kissed the girl he loved. He wasn't completely sure but he was honest how he felt. He was sure they would be together for long. He brought her closer to him, trying to get her the closest to him he could. He wanted her and he got her. When he noticed a small tear of joy fall out of her closed eyes, he guessed just how strongly she felt about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm starting College tomorrow. I'm stressed and freaking out. Which is why I'm not updating because everytime I write something I panic. And it's no good. So bare with me because I haven't been this stressed for years.

But anyways I hope you still like it because due to my absolute panic, next chapters won't be my best creation. I already know what's the next chapter and truth be told, I'm nervous how you're going to find it.

THANKS FOR READING!
Love you all.