Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Death

As the third task when underway, Rachelle and Addie were sitting faced to each other, on their boyfriend's laps. They snuck from their classmates and sat with the Slytherin crowd to show their allegiance to their new school. They were maybe wearing the Beauxbatons baby blue dress but both had a green and silver scarf around their necks, which they stole with success. Draco didn't care as long as Alice wore anything green. It seemed only the first task was really interesting, since like the second task, nobody knew what was happening. Until everyone noticed red sparks come out of the maze.

"I can bet you money that's Fleur." Rachelle commented

"That's mean." Her boyfriend noticed "Have a little Beauxbatons pride, would you."

"We're being realistic Blaise. Fleur's a strong witch but don't expect her to come out alive from task such as these. In Beauxbatons they prepare you for exams not life." Addie explained

"Well than, you're going to need some practice for next year, won't you? I can tutor you." Draco offered; seeking maybe a kiss but all that Alice did was laugh. She knew he could never teach her anything since she'd be too distracted by him.

"I actually got used to Moody's way of teaching. I hate him and he's bloody mad but I learned a lot." Alice said

"Maybe for once we'll have the same DADA teacher for two years..." Blaise said "Last time I saw him he was still okay so maybe he won't quit."

"Wait what?" Rachelle asked looking at Blaise

"We haven't had the same DADA teacher for more than a year yet."

"You went through four teachers four years?" Alice asked "That's intense."

"Welcome to Hogwarts." Blaise commented, making the two girls smile

"Did you talk to Suzanne, Alice?" Rachelle asked, changing the subject. All four of them were aware of her attempt to break up Alice and Pansy's object of affection

"No, and I'm not planning on it." She said taking Draco's hand "She didn't say sorry. She's lucky I didn't tell the other girls or she'd have a problem next year."

"Why didn't you?"

"Because it's not my place anymore. I'm going to be coming here and what happens there isn't much of my business anymore. So whenever Suzanne tells them what she attempted to do is on her conscience. I'm glad to know you guys know..."

"What about Pansy?" Blaise asked

"What about her?" Rachelle intervened "It's not like Alice or I can be best friends with her. Never liked her from the start to be honest."

"Can we change the subject, please?" Alice asked

There was a short moment of silence as all four of them looked at the maze. Still nothing. With the exception of cheering the champions at the beginning there was not much to do. A little after Krum was brought back to the starting point. He looked scared and terrified but still found Fleur's eyes and smiled politely to her.

"So the champion's going to be from Hogwarts!" Rachelle exclaimed, sort of exited

"Pray it's not Potter!" Draco said in a begging voice

"So what you're saying is, you want a Hufflepuff to win. Oh my Draco, I don't recognize you anymore." Addie said, ignoring the anti-Harry comment.

Draco grinned at her, relived she wasn't coming to Potter's defence. He kissed her lightly and quickly since the four decided there would be no PDA when they hang out. Only two seconds pecks nothing more.

"What happen with Potter anyways? Weren't you his friend or something?" Rachelle asked and judging by Blaise's face he was just as curious.

"Disagreement. He insulted me and Draco in the mean time. Thought I was a shallow girl who was only dating Draco because he's a pure-blood. I think he also meant the other way around. And I just hate it that he hates Slytherins at all coast. I can't be friends with someone who is going to abandon me after I get sorted in a different house than him. I'm glad you guys are not that shallow."

"Well that Potter is stupid. He should have considered himself lucky a girl like you took a second of her time to talk to him. He lost his chance for good."

"Most likely. I doubt he's going to talk to me after I'm sorted to Slytherin."

Addie wanted to change the subject since she got mad every time she thought about her last exchange with Potter. How could he judge her like that? She looked towards the maze, determined to prove that she wasn't at all touched or bothered by that. While Rachelle, Blaise and Draco were in the middle of a conversation about the Slytherin common room, a place they were sure to spend a lot of time next year when the whole audience heard a lot noise. Every pair of eyes looked in front of the maze and perceived two boys. Everyone got up: the winners were the two boys from Hogwarts! The band started playing and everyone was cheering. Addie got up like everyone else did. Until she heard Fleur scream. Alice didn't understand too much what was happening at first. Why was everyone panicking? Suddenly there was not much to wonder: someone died.

"Draco..." she said, horror in her voice, feeling she was going to faint any moment

Draco took her in his arms and tried to turn her away from the scene. She didn't do anything to protest, she didn't want to be scared upon seeing Cedric Diggory's dead body.

"It's going to be okay..."

"Draco, he's dead!"

Alice couldn't explain why she was crying. She never met or talked with the boy. But as Draco was hugging her, she had tears in her eyes thinking how unfair it was. What happened for him to leave this life so quickly?

The answer shocked Marie-Adelaide as well as every student. Like everyone else in the castle, Addie presented herself in the Great Hall for the funeral and listened to Dumbledore's speech. She practically fell off her chair when the Headmaster announced the return of Lord Voldemort. The young witch looked at Draco first who didn't flinch and at Rachelle who was sitting on her other side. The blond girl, on the other hand, looked drawn back. Alice didn't understand what she had to feel. Voldemort was her father's master, a wizard whom he and her mother supported. But she was so angry that he killed Cedric, ended a life so quickly. She suddenly felt bad for Harry who had to face him. When the ceremony was over, Addie waited patiently with Draco for the Hall to clear out a little before getting out. She walked around, followed by her boyfriend, to finally reach a more deserted part of the castle.

"You think the Dark Lord is really back?" Alice asked the blond when she felt they were isolated enough. This was not a conversation to be heard by anyone.

"Yeah. My father had a feeling it would be soon." Alice stayed quiet to that statement. "You don't have anything to worry about."

"How should I know? I have no idea if I should be happy or scared."

"Don't you believe in his ideals? I realized all your Beauxbatons friends are pure-bloods. Name me one mudblood worth your time."

She couldn't mention Harry, who was a half blood or Hermione since she felt betrayed at the fact they judged her so harshly and didn't spoke to her since she openly started dating Draco.

"It's not about that..."

"Then how can you not be a little relieved he's finally back?"

"Because he killed Diggory..."

"That might have been an accident or something, we weren't there, it's not like the Dark Lord hunted him down. He was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time..."

"It's not only about that. It's one thing to be a Death Eater's child when he was gone; I mean I had a different name. But next year I'm taking my father's name and he's back. How will students treat me?"

"You'll have no problems in Slytherin, I promise you. And relax Alice, you're not a Death Eater, no one's going to judge you."

Addie smiled faintly.

"I know. It's just that everything's going to change now. And Draco... I feel uneasy thinking that people are going to get murdered even if they're muggle-born."

Alice was a kind girl and even if she was taught to support the fallen Lord, she never approved of his methods. Even if her father's victims did know a fate worse than death, sometimes it relieved Marie-Adelaide that her father was sitting in Azkaban because he tortured not killed. She never knew a person who passed away and Diggory was her first contact with death.

"We won't get involved." Draco promised her, taking her hands. "We'll never have to kill, our fathers are Death Eaters, and it's their job. Just because we support it doesn't mean we kill. We're completely safe just Death Eaters' kids..."

"What's going to happen with your father?"

"I guess I'll only know this summer. Depends how the Ministry's going to react and how will they keep eyes on suspects. We'll know details this holiday; you are coming to my place, right?" Draco started to walk towards the common room, indicating the talk about Voldemort was over

"Yeah, I doubt I'm going to see my friends in France after what happened with Suzanne. I mean I'll exchange letters and visit for a day or two using the Floo Powder."

"Good plan. And I get to have more of you."

Addie smiled and kissed her boyfriend, thinking she'd be lost without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one is the last one. First completed story on mibba (:

Thanks for reading, I love all of you.

If you guys want a sequel, comment :P