Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Crest

Addie and Rachelle ran into the quarters where their stuff was in a huge hurry to not be late for the first class in a new school. The students of Beauxbatons, all of them proud girls, couldn’t see anything worse then brining shame to their school. They doubled their speed when they noticed they were the last ones and that their friends all left. They ran to the class they were assigned and breathed a bit when they noticed the bunch of students before the door, waiting for the teacher to come and open the class to start the course. Addie and Rachelle joined up the rest of their French friends as they were in a middle of a conversation about some of the cute wizards they met.

"So Addie, tell us. What's with you and that blond guy?" Laura asked

"He's an old friend of mine. Last time we had a good conversation was like four years ago so it's nice to see him again." Addie explained smiling the whole time.

"I think that Addie fancies him." Rachelle giggled as some of the other girls approved.

Marie-Adelaide smiled not saying any thing back since a long time ago; she did in fact have a very childish crush on her best friend. At that age neither of them really knew what love was, nothing happened they just remained the bests friends a person could imagining having. Yet she looked at her friend Rachelle and held her head high before smirking.

"Much as your flirting with Blaise? Was it just me or were you guys holding each other in bed?"

Rachelle blushed as she was evaded by a million of questions and comments. Addie laughed slightly proud of her small victory. She listened to Rachelle's excuse as her face turned red. Rachelle was a beautiful blond girl with curly hair. She had the same eye color as Addie, green, yet hers were so much darker and clearer. If you didn’t pay attention to Addie's you could pass them as brown. The teacher was about to come in and open the doors as Addie heard her nickname being called.

"Alice!"

A smile, way brighter then when she beamed watching Rachelle, appeared as she turned and notice a boy running her way. She jogged up to him; one, to give them more privacy and two, to make the blonde's trip shorter.

"You changed in your regular uniform." He observed.

In fact, Marie-Adelaide was dressed in her blue dress and a matching caplet over it. She sometimes would wear the jacket but today being in such a hurry she simply grabbed the first thing in her luggage.

"Unfortunately. Madame Maxim told me I should represent the school well but still congratulated me for already tying knots with other students."

"Little does she know, our knots are tied long ago, right?"

She doubted she could explain this for herself but her stomach did a flip when he said that. She hoped no hormones would come between their friendship and wondered if she should only blame them if any feelings were to develop. Draco smiled to her as he reached for something in his pocket.

"Remember how I always said we would be in Slytherin together? That might be bullshit now but we could at least make it look like."

He pulled a badge out as Alice looked to see what it was. She recognized the Slytherin badge by the green snake in the middle.

"I took one of mine. You could wear it if you want. It might not match the blue but it sure will match your eyes…"

Marie-Adelaide smiled as Draco looked at her, brushing some hair out her face. She felt this moment so incredibly cheesy but couldn’t bring herself to laugh about it. In her past with him, she remembered several moments that if she would have been older and understood the meaning of them, would make her heart stop.

"Thanks Draco it means a lot."

She pinned the badge in her uniform before rejoining her friends as Draco walked away to find a seat with one of his friends. In class she sat besides Rachelle, who kept teasing her about the badge.

"Wait until you get one from Blaise." Was the best defence Alice could end up with.

She wasn't sitting to far away from Draco and every now and then would steal some glances. But when the blond wasn't paying attention to the young witch, Marie-Adelaide noticed that he seemed to be cruel to some people which didn't please her at all. She wondered if she should confront him but then again that wasn't her business. On her break Draco came to see her one second before he had to excuse himself to run off somewhere. Addie was walking with Isabelle and Laura when she bumped into three familiar Gryffindors.

"Hi guys." She greeted them friendly

"Oh that's wonderful. We get invaded by Slytherins even when they don’t attend this school."

Ron walked away from the girl with Hermione running after him, screaming 'Ronald' mad. Addie looked at Harry to find any explication. She sort of figured out that they didn't like Draco yet she didn't see why they would hate her so much because of supporting Slytherin. In Beauxbatons, there were also houses yet no such hate existed between them.

"Forgive him, he's a bit touchy but he'll get over it." Harry explained

"I just don't get it. I didn't do anything wrong did I?"

"It's because it's weird seeing someone so friendly with Malfoy. You see, he's usually a jerk."

"That is not true." She defended him, ignoring what she observed earlier "I know Draco for years; he's a good person."

Harry didn’t know what to respond to that. From the moment he met Malfoy, all he ever saw in him was evil. He didn't actually understand how a person could think he's good. He doubted he had any friends except Zabini. Crabe and Goyle passed more as body guards then friends.

"And now you're wearing the crest of Slytherin? You want to impress him?"

"No." She responded. "Draco and I agreed since we were little we'd one day be in the same house. My mother had different plans."

"You know him for long don’t you? How'd you meet?"

"What's it too you?"

"Curious." He simply responded

Marie-Adelaide bit her lips knowing that what she was going to say next was going to sound weird. Grateful her friends left her minutes ago; she breathed hoping that Harry wouldn't make any connections with her next statement.

"We're cousins."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it guys. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Next one might be out Sunday or Monday.