Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Cousins

"Cousins?" Harry repeated

He felt some relief for the girl. If they were cousins maybe their parents forced them to be friends and ordered them to stick together as members of the same line. It explained why she liked him so much and why he was happy to see her. They were raised together. It seemed natural for her to stick up for her cousin. But it disturbed Harry how much she didn’t look any thing like him. She had long black hair with brownish green eyes while his blond was practically white and had grey eyes.

"You don't look any thing like each other…" Harry pointed out

"Well that's normal." Addie giggled. "We're cousins by union. My uncle married his aunt. He comes from the Malfoy-Black line while I… well I come from two different ones. We can get married, I already asked." Addie slightly laughed at the memory.

"You asked?" Harry asked surprised, this wasn't something you hear everyday

"Yeah. I was little and a bit curious. I didn’t mean anything by it."

"What line are you from?" Harry asked quickly after that subject was over.

"From the Voltaire line. It's an old French pure blood family."

"But if your families are united you two possibly can't…"

"Of course we can." Addie repeated a little amused "It's his mother's sister with my father's brother. We don't share any blood. I actually think our families are actually looking forward seeing us sealing the deal. You know, keep the family pure."

"Don't tell me, that you believe in blood purity."

"Harry it might sound shallow but I was raised like that. Don't judge what you don't know or grew up in."

"Potter!"

Addie and Harry both looked where the voice came from. As she smiled, Harry frowned; unhappy his time with the pretty girl was over. He didn’t know what his enemy would tell him, he already made it clear that he didn’t want the boy-who-lived near the Beauxbatons student.

"Just couldn't stay away from her could you, scar face? I told you not to talk with her."

"For your information Malfoy…"

"I was the one who came up to him. What's your problem Draco?" Addie tried to ignore the fact that he was a jerk but he didn’t have to show the fact that he was in front of her.

"My problem is that you're talking to people like him. I'm doing you a favor."

"A favor? Draco I'm old enough to know with who I want to talk to. I don't need you anymore to protect me."

"Don't expect me to be seen with a blood traitor like you."

"Take your crest then. If being a Slytherin is being anything like you, then I really don't want to be seen with this."

She ripped the pin from her uniform and gave it back to the blond who took it, slightly mad. She walked away from him, sad but too furious to cry. Coming here was a mistake; she should have known that after four years there would be some tensions and couldn't possibly share the same relation they had when they were only ten years old. Harry came running after her moments later and caught up with her. She was slightly disappointed, disappointed because she wanted Draco to come run after her, slightly because she was somehow relieved that at least one of them came to see her.

"Don't worry, he's a bloody idiot."

"I'm not worried. I just though he was different, I though he was nice. That's how I remembered him and now I…"

Addie ran off to her quarters to hide from other people even if she had a class soon. Both Harry and Draco would be there and it felt weird already. First day of class, wasn't it? She decided to swallow her pride and take the books she needed. She sat with Rachelle and Isabelle totally ignoring any wizards. She listened to a conversation with Isabelle and Laura with a Huffelpuff boy and seemed to realize that the boys in yellow and black were so much nicer then green and silver. She ate with Laura and Celine that day at the Huffelpuff table while Rachelle, Celine and Suzanne ate with Blaise and Pansy as well as Draco. She had send him glances sometimes and realized he didn’t have much more of an appetite then her either. Rachelle, who considered Addie as her best friend, realized that something wasn't up, first clue, her green crest was gone. She had tried to ask her but all she answered was, the guy is an ass

"What happen to Addie?" She asked Draco

The blond looked at her. He didn’t really think about the situation. He was so exhausted by the resent fight, mentally that is, all he could think was, he didn't know anyone called Addie.

"Who's Addie?"

Celine, who also liked her friend a lot, looked at the boy with an o shaped mouth as Rachelle became suddenly furious. Being in a fight was one thing but pretending that the other doesn’t exist was simply childish and immature.

"So suddenly you don’t know who Addie is? She was your friend just this morning you jerk." Rachelle said standing up.

She had just finished eating so she left the table followed by Celine. Suzanne didn’t even pay attention to the conversation as she was talking about something else. Draco looked at his friend, Blaise discouraged.

"That was cold." He commented

"I forgot they call Alice Addie. Since I'm three I've been calling her Alice, there is no other name for Alice then Alice." He explained

"What happened anyways? You left to see her and came back furious." Blaise asked, taking a third dish

"She was talking to Potter. I overheard him and Weasley talking. They find her pretty can you believe that?"

"I usually would say, yeah I can, the girl is cute but in this situation I think it's wise to say, no I can't."

"I don’t mean it like that, Alice is beautiful and who ever can't see it is a bloody idiot but… I don’t want blood traitors and half blood fancying her."

"Jealous?" Blaise asked, still eating

"Am not. I'm protecting her. Would you want your childhood friend to be seen with the boy-who-lived and a Weasley."

Blaise was about to take more food but it suddenly disappeared. They looked up and saw Dumbledore, staring at them, indicating that it was enough and that they should go and prepare for class. They looked around and noticed they were the last one there. They went down to the common room and grabbed their bags.

"What am I supposed to do? I just want what's best for her."

"Well tell her you're sorry and other bull shit that would make her want to forgive you."

Draco pondered on that. He'd never apologized for anything. He walked to his next class thinking if she was worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that puts away all your cousin trauma (:

Thanks a lot for reading and those getting discouraged for my grammar, I'm sorry, I'm trying. I went to a French high school and didn't get all the same grammar classes as you guys did. It's not an excuse but more of a reason.

Hope you guys liked it :D