Sequel: Love Made Us Blind
Status: Done :)

Different Letters

Class

Addie and Draco didn’t talk the next day. Her friends tried not to pass any comments as they prioritized hanging out with their schoolmate than their new Slytherin friends. Though Suzanne still hanged out with Pansy, Rachelle stayed with her friend instead of getting closer to Blaise. Marie-Adelaide noticed that it made her sad but Rachelle didn’t want to hear about it. They were off to their first Defence against the Dark Arts class when Addie realized she forgot something. She sprinted back to her room, only to find someone in it.

"What are you doing here?" Alice asked Draco as she watched him sitting on her bed.

"I knew you would forget a book. Is it any different than you forgetting a broom right before we go play Quidditch?"

"I'm not little any more…" she repeated but shut up as she saw Draco smile

"But you didn’t change enough for me not to recognize you anymore. You will always be Alice."

"Well I don't recognize you Draco. You would never be such a jerk to anyone."

"I know that it seemed that I was the ass but please get both sides of the story. I tried to be friends with him. I offered my hand but not only did he not take it, he also insulted me." Draco bit his lips as he twisted the truth a bit. Sure he offered his friendship to Potter but in the mean time insulted the blood traitor.

"And how am I supposed to believe you."

"Would you seriously believe Potter over me?"

Draco stared at the black haired witch in complete disbelief. Draco would put his life in this girl who he hasn't seen in so long, just because he loved her so much when they were little. He would trust her no matter what she would say and follow her anywhere if she said it would be okay. How could she not believe his word over Potter's? He promised he wouldn't allow himself to lose her to that scar face. Even if he had to lure her away.

"I will always believe you before anybody. I really thought that coming here, we could take off like we left things four years ago."

"That's what I wanted! But you started talking to Potter, who loathes me, and I was scared he'd tell fake stories about me to turn you against me."

"Why would he do that?"

"So that he can take you away from me. By now I think everybody knows that I have one single weakness."

The way he said it swept Addie off her feet. She had to make huge efforts to hold the huge smile she wanted to flash. She walked to Draco as he watched the girl's face, neutral as never. He only understood what she was feeling when he felt her put her hands around his neck, her chin on his shoulder. He put his arms around her, happy she had forgiven him after sweet words.

"Being like I was wasn't being like a Slytherin. I was trying to protect what matter most to me. Take it back, the colour of your eyes pops out nicely with it."

She smiled sweetly not even knowing that Draco expected any girl to fall for empty words. Not that Draco didn’t love his friend, he just wasn't a person who would actually say stuff like that and mean them. They hurried to their class, making it just in time. Since they were the last ones there, they sat together as Addie made a sign to Rachelle to sit with Blaise. The teacher, Mad-Eye Moody, decided to give the girls a little treat and showed the class the three unforgivable curses. She murmured something to Draco's ear, catching the professor's attention.

"Oh, Miss Beauxbatons thinks she can talk in my class? Name me one of the three curses."

Addie was caught off guard and almost slipped the first one that came to mind. But she knew this teacher was trouble so she answered the one that seemed the most innocent.

"Imperio."

Draco thought for a moment why hasn't she named another one but found an answer before having the time to ask the girl himself. The teacher also looked shocked, as if he was prepared to hear a different one.

"Very well then. Thought you were a bit more proud of your father."

The comment made Addie furious. For three years she was able to keep her cover, this teacher was not ruining it. Mad-Eye Moody continued giving explanations before the other students could ponder on what their teacher just commented. For the second curse, Mad-Eye called on a guy, as Alice looked up and recognized the name of the boy who was standing.

"That's him right? It's their son?" She asked Draco who only nodded. "I feel so bad. He looks like a good person."

"It's not your fault Alice."

She looked at the boy, Neville, as he observed the tortured spider before him under the second curse, the Cruciatus curse. She could only imagine what he must be feeling. Empathy filled in her heart she screamed.

"I think that's enough!"

Alice hopped that the students would simply think she's an animal lover. The professor wasn't fooled at all.

"You do know who your father was, then."

He proceeded once more to teach the class. Marie-Adelaide was so furious with him, she was ready perform the cruciatus curse on him if that would show him that she's proud of her father.

"What's his problem anyways? As if he knows…" Little did she know, her new teacher had good hearing and had enough of the conversation.

"That's enough, no more talking in my class, Miss Lestrange!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for those who commented and hope you like this one too (:

Thanks for reading