Welcome to Reality

Camping

"Zacky," I whined, hanging off Zaccheus' arm, "Let's go; it's about to rain."

Zacc looked down at me with his sympathetic hazel eyes, "It'll only be a little bit of rain,"

"So, it's still rain!" I protested.

Zacc sighed, "you can go back to the tent if you want to. I'll be back in a few minutes."

I checked my appearance vainly in the reflection of a near-by car and batted at my hair. "Fine,"

I turned on my heel and marched in the direction of our campsite, pointing my nose up. Gravel crunched underneath my feet as I passed a small group of girls; I felt their gaze on the back of my head - and arse.

I turned and glared at them, my hands on my hips.

"Piss off, I'm gay." I stated before stalking off to a near-by tree and flopping down in front of it.

The girls continued to stand in their huddle, muttering and casting dirty looks every now and then.

I chose to ignore them by admiring my light pink nails. I batted at my hair again and looked up at the sky: the clouds were getting darker. They should spill any minute now.

The sky rumbled and small flecks of water began to fall, threatening to ruin my perfect, flippy hair.

I got to my feet, dug my hands into my pockets and walked down the road to our site. Grumbling under my breath, I entered the maroon tent and sat heavily on my stretcher. I thought for a moment, my eyebrows beginning to ache from holding them in a frown for so long. I never wanted to go camping; it was dirty and cold and boring.

I relaxed my frown and began to pull my iPod from my bag. I changed my mind as Zaccheus appeared at the mouth of the tent. I pasted a frown back onto my face, crossed my arms and fell back onto the stretcher, mumbling angrily.

Zacc sighed, "What've I done this time?"

I pouted, "You dragged me on this horrible camping trip and I don't like it here, I just want to -" I shrieked, jumped up and threw myself onto Zacc, burying my face into his chest.

"Er ..." Zaccheus scratched his head in confusion.

I looked up at him through streaming eyes, "Spider," I whispered, "in the tent."

Zacc suppressed his laughter and stroked my hair, "We can go home if you want to, Christopher," rain pelted the tent, forcing Zacc to raise his voice slightly, "but don't you want to stay here ... with me ... alone?" He wiggled his eyebrows and grinned.

I bit down on my lip and wrapped my arms around his torso, "Well ... maybe we can leave after the rain passes,"

He raised his eyebrow, "Oh?"

I wiggled my eyebrows mockingly, "Oh yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the time it took for me to post.
Writer's block, I guess.

- Jo