Status: Just Started. It's going into my book that consists of three angle novels (Flesh, Puppet Strings and Dry Eyes)

Dry Eyes

A Refreshed Soul

“Shit Frankie. Please no.” I stared innocently at Lisha. “Not the red quill.” She kept repeating as I ran the silky blood red feather through my fingers.
“But it goes every where with me.” I said slimly.
“But it's evil Frankie! You've done awful things with it-”
“Hit the nail on the head there sis, your growing up.” Frustration scrunched her face up.
“Please don't mess this up Frankie.” She begged, turning an odd colour. “We have no where else to go, just please behave?” I sighed and leaned back against the bed head.
“Look, Lisha. Start speaking a language I understand and we could work something out yeah?” I said sarcastically and jumped up, placing the quill in the front pocket of my bag.
“Why don't you guys ever use yours?”
“Because they're evil! though ours are no where near as bad as yours, you can tell that by the colour!” Lisha said almost hysterically.
“Stop wobbling! My parents are dead and I plan to have a bit of fun.”
“My parents are dead and I plan to try and try to make it through life-”
“SHUT UP!” I screamed. “The quill is part of who we are! Accept we aint as good as you make out to be!” I took a breath.
“And remember. There's no such thing as life if you don't have a soul.” her bottom lip trembled.
“Your going to pick out some ones soul aren't you?” she whispered. When I didn't reply she screamed, tears welling up in her eyes. “ARN'T YOU.”
“Shut up both of you!” Durian (names after our grandfather favourite tree), yelled. Durian was our cousin. And I was in love with him... which was a little on the odd side.
“Your going to ruin everything again.” She whispered, rage consorted her face. She loved me, I knew, and I loved her. But as sisters we didn't get along all the time.
The door swung open and the batty, cat obsessed, widowed aunt peered in. “Good morning my dears. You off to school now? I'd hurry if I were you's or you'll be late! Toast?” She held out a toast rack of wholemeal buttered bread. We all took a slice and muttered thanks, then slipped out the door. Slinging our bags on our shoulders.
She had scribbled directions on a piece of paper, they seemed pretty simple and we paused for a moment, huddled round the paper, trying to red her writing, before setting left down the side of the road.
“We need to promise each other something?” Durian stated. I peered at him.
“What's on your mind?”
“No magic.” I felt as if I had been punched in the stomach.
“Ha ha,” I said and they sky set into a cloak of grey.
“Of course Durian.” Lisha said as if it was obvious. But I rolled my eyes.
“Yes I won't be doing any magic.” I said sarcastically and gave Durian the most sarcastic glance possible. They both stifled a sigh.
“Don't get us into trouble.” He said blandly. I said nothing as we walked along a tight ally way and neither of us looked at each other, even our breathing was silent as the breeze that was fluttering on the nape of my neck.
Part of me wanted to say I was sorry but my bitter sweetness for power took over and I smiled. I would hurt Durian during these next times at school but he would know I was just playing. Because I do love how easy it is to hypnotise human boys with out actually hypnotising them. And once they're under your loveable expression they realise the part of you that ain't so loveable and become to scared to back out. Then you can use them for anything. I found this out by experimenting with humans for a bit.
And in a way Durian wouldn't mind because he knows how very much I'm in love with him. We walked round a paled curb lined with pathetic trees and a dull building started to emerge in the distance sat in the middle of shrubs. A tall fence round the out side. It looked like any other school we had walked past before at night. An average school lacking in a bit of budget. Pupils we already crowding into it chatting and glancing up at the grey clouds that lay over the thin atmosphere. My excitement automatically lightened it a bit so a vivid blue outlining the frazzled grey clouds. These people better be accepting to unusual weather.
I could control the weather but Lisha and Durian had their own little power or what ever you want to call it. And we all had our quills, the quills represented what we were.
The feather.
“Behave.” Lisha and Durian both unison to me as we entered through the front gate.
People stared. Like uber stared. They couldn't take their eyes of us!
I had soft petal white skin that seemed to radiate with straight, layered passionate red hair with black layers underneath, it went just past my shoulders. My eyes were an ice blue with a ring of dazzling violate. Though all our eyes seemed to flash different colours if our emotions change to quickly.
Lisha had a pale olive skin, with thick long wavy hair with every shade of chestnut possible. She has light golden eyes outlined in a dark chocolate.
Durian had a normal tones skin but his cheek bone line seemed to shimmer light and dark at the same time – like a shell, he had dark brown/ black ish hair and huge green eyes that flecked with gold whips. And we all knew it, we looked evil.
There was something about us. Even the way we walked must have been different, the grace. Our relationship with the air around us. What our gazes held.
We walked straight to reception to register, I clutched Durian's hand because I knew how nervous he was, I could feel it. I was good with moods.
I couldn't decide how I felt though. It was weird, because it was a new experience I didn't know what to expect, to be excited or nervous. Anticipation perhaps?
Apparently there was another fifteen minutes until the school day started so I went up to my locker and leaned against it with my arms crossed over my chest. Boys walked past and almost walked into things staring at me. I instantly knew which was the most popular, his arrogance was like a second head. So obvious. His soul bitter as lemon. He was the centre of a drabble of attention in the corner of the corridor. Girls and boy crowded round a circle to hear his voice. His mates were loud and jeering and the girls had skirts that pretty much road up their asses.
He deserves what he gets.
Fool.
I laughed highly making the heads flick round and sauntered over their with a hand on my hip.
“Hello.” I said and looked round at their faces, landing on his last. “I've just moved here. In my old school I was most popular so I thought you guys would be able to relate.” I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to say but they approved and opened a bit to allow me in the circle. He looked at me as if I was breath taking, I wasn't sure though because his face seemed only capable of one expression.
“Hey. I'm Dan. What's your name?” He spoke as if we were the only ones there.
“My name? Frankie.” I said ever so sweetly. A girl with blond cropped hair snorted and I turned very slowly to face her. I felt ice well up in my face and a cruel bitterness freeze my bone structure. I knew my eyes were flashing and my top lip pull over my pure white teeth. For a second I must of looked like a predator - not human. Which I did so well to scare people. Her face sobered in fear.
“Sorry.” She muttered timidly. “It's a lovely name.”
“Ahh thank you.” my face softened into utter sweetness. So much so I knew she thought it was maybe her imagination.
“What's yours if you mind me asking?”
“It's um Daisy.”
“And you snorted at my name? I can't stand people being named after flowers.” The girls frowned at me but in a way they sort of respected me because I was popular already after a minute. That's how shallow humans can be. I gave Dan another glance to see if I had his approval. He winked at me with that see you later look. Just as the bell rang, earlier than I thought.
I walked into my tutor base and stood near the front of the class pondering about where I should sit, when a teacher with frazzled bleached hair and watery eyes skittered in, her files nearly flying from her arms.
“Ah your the new girl...” she glances down at a posted note stick to the top of the register “Frankie! Frankie Thorntry. Um it's lovely to um,” she juggled her coffee and apple “meet you, of course.” She set her crap on the desk. “I want to sit you with Cherry near the back.” I glanced at who she nodded at and froze.
Something inside of me exploded that wasn't quite adrenaline but wasn't quite excitement... it was a monster. Ripping it's self so ferociously to the surface it was painful to control it. This girl had the most beautiful soul.
It seemed to flash different gem colours every second, it was soft and open and oozing in potential. I snapped out it but felt my eyes flashing and my face curl. Things continued to roll in my stomach.
I noticed her now. She had black cherry coloured hair, obviously dyed, that fell in loose thick curls down her back, huge green eyes and perfectly flushed skin with the odd freckle. She smiled at me, showing white teeth, but, I noticed, they were too pushed together and a little to far forward. I didn't want to return the smile because I knew opening my mouth would become a snarl or a drawl. So I sat, maybe a little too eagerly, beside her.
I stared at her heart, where her soul swam the strongest, and my whole body was filled with a tingling buzz. Then I looked at her eyes, they were bright, which means it was probably at it's strongest.
“Hey it's awesome to meet you. Let me know if you need any thing, my names Cherry.” She smiled even wider and her lashes pulled right up to her eye brows.
“Unusual name.” it's all I could manage to say.
“Well same for you, we don't hear that name much from round here for a girl. It's pretty. I mean, where you from? You don't look English but you don't look like any other race.. that I know of. But I'm pretty good at Geography and culture.” I wasn't quite paying attention, I was studying her soul.
“After registration I'll tell you a secret about where I come from. We have to go some where private though, where no one will hear.” She looked a little surprised.
“Oh yeah... sure. I was also thinking though, I saw your sister. She didn't look like you in the slightest. On that boy who came with you? He's a couple of years above isn't he? What relation is he?”
I was just about to say, soul mate, quite blindly. But wasn't sure if humans believe in that principal. So what did they say?
We're in a relationship?
We're dating?
We're seeing each other?
We're and item?
Which one!
“We're going out.” I finished thankfully. Fingers crossed I got the right expression, sounded normal. But then again she didn't think I was from here any way. so...
“He's my cousin to.” Our plan was just to tell people we were cousins but I knew she wouldn't have a chance to tell people. She looked a little shocked and obviously, not sure what to say, changed the subject.
“i can't work your accent out either. It's unlike anything. It's kinda beautiful, floaty, light but with a twist of... you know.” She shrugged and looked away. Yeh, menace. It's easy to tell I'm hiding things, that people should fear me.
I could tell she did a bit, but she was angry with her self for it because it's not very nice.
Nice? This girl was nice.
Oh that would explain the soul I glues. My mouth drooped. Good to feed my evil. My insides were aching.
Registration need and we got up, I knocked my knee's on the desk I was so eager.
“Come on this way.” she nodded and hurried round outside school. “But we don't want to be late for first period.”
First period, that's what they call it. I'll make a mental note of that.
“Your going off site!” She called as I carried on walking after she'd stopped, into a small forest area.
“They aren't allowed to fence it off because hedgehogs got caught in the wire but every one knows it's out of bounds.” she tried.
“It's a really big secret.” I said and went back to pull her in by her warm wrist.
“Well if you feel more secure I guess...” thinking about others, as long as they're happy she doesn't mind getting in trouble for them.
Sweet.
I checked what type of tree's she was standing near by and sighed, they weren't the best of woods but they would do. I really would love an oak right now.
“Stand up by that tree.” She frowned but the security in my voice made her take those steps. I put my hand in the pocked of my bag and pulled out my blood red quill. Then I knew my pupils had gone so small you could hardly see them and the colour of my eyes went translucent and pale, merging into the whites as if there was only one colour there. A creamy violate. I felt my lips pull and my face transform into a monster. I turned and she squeaked in fear. But little did she know I was already binding her to the tree with my mind so the moment she tried to run-
She made her move, I could almost hear her heart thumping at a pace so fast it was like a hum. But she was just pulled tighter to the tree. Power radiated through the feather that had been my wings in the past life. Then I spoke the language of an angel. And languages unable to be written down because it was more of a series of impossible noises. I could see a silver thread in the air any one else would miss, tightening round Cherry. Her eyes were so wide I couldn't meet them.
Then I made my mark, I had to. I went up to her and pressed the quill to my finger, then I leaned into her face, she was immobilised and gasping for air, and I cut the eyes and nose of a skull into her fore head. She gasped in pain and tears brimmed her eyes.
“Frankie.” She whispered. “Please.” a desperately painful sorrow and pleading crossed her face.
Such a nice girl. Even polite in the verge of dead. I tore her top off. She wore a strawberry bra which made me frown, her name was Cherry. Not strawberry. Then I placed the nib of the quill between her collar bones and pressed to make a small dent so that I knew my markings. Then I drew a pot of red ink from my pocket. My blood from the previous life. I dipped the nib in the ink then took it out.
“This will only hurt a lot. So be a man.” I grinned and I drew a line from her collar bones to the bottom of her ribs. Then I dropped to a crouch on the floor to watch. At first nothing happened, which gave me time to wrap the thread round her mouth so her scream would muffle. Her eyes widened when she felt that. And then confusion crossed them at what was happening... closely followed by pain. It wasn't like an acid sizzle. It was like something very slowly slicing it's way into her chest. Where I had drawn the line her blood blossomed like a thin ribbon and the wound slowly got deeper. A knife slowly dragging through her. Pain shattered her eyes, I could see spots of agony cloud her vision, then they rolled. Her mouth was open in shrieks but no sound escaped through my bind. Blood rivered onto the floor. But it would have to keep going until I could embrace the soul. It split through her ribs, her lungs, I could see the air escape from her body, and then the heart. Her eyes snapped back for one second, seeing everything, the misted small clearing. Lined with small stones and ugly weeds, the branched of trees cradling the sky and dampening the atmosphere. And a crouched monster watching life disappear like being presented with a well earned feast. Then she saw nothing. She was dead and because I cut directly to her soul it would be the freshest it could. No one else could see souls but my people, it was like a liquid gas and it seeped into the air. I jumped up and embraced it before the after life could.
This girl would just die and that would be it.
It was a smack of warmth in my body, energy and fulfilment of thirst. I landed by her neck and dug my nose into the pulse empty flesh to soak up the last dribbles. Then I rocked back on my knees bigger and better than the world. Using the quill I opened the ground up ten foot deep and nudged her body in with the toe of my boot, and shifted all the blood soaked dirt in on top. Then I closed it back up again, all evidence buried, the ground looking undisturbed, and let the silver thread feed back into the quill, I then placed into my bag.
I wouldn't have to eat for two weeks now thank god, food was disgusting. I'd also be ice cold, the soul sucks all the warmth around me into the centre of my body, where a soul that belongs to me should be. But I didn't own a soul, which is why I craved them. It sucked the heat because it needed energy for me to, digest, in a way, it. Leaving my skin feeling icy but my chest so hot it could burn a humans finger. I bounced back to my class five minutes late. The French teach spun round and looked over her glasses.
“Where is Cherry.” She spoke in a strong French accent.
“Well that's why I'm late you see.” I bound her to a tree using magic from an ancient force, used my blood from an after life to split her open, all while she was concious, so I could feed off her soul. Then I buried her and the evidence and bounced back to class. “She said she was going to the loo... and now she's gone. I've spent the last five minutes looking for her but I don't know this place very well. Sorry madam, perhaps you should send some one else to search?”
Madam pondered for a second.
“Tom, you are un ami of Cherry's. If she isn't here in the next cinq minutes then report her disappearance to reception and look for her yourself. She'll be amende.”
She'll be fine? Nahhh, she's only dead.
I was feeling particularly cheery because she was particularly delicious. I went and sat down next to Lisha.
My arm brushed hers and she pulled away in horror. I grinned. She then touch my chest and slumped back.
“You couldn't even last ten minutes. You evil, evil, shit.”
But the sun was shining oh so brightly.
:D
♠ ♠ ♠
i will get round to sorting this grammar out i promise.
Thanks for reading :)