They Grew Up Together in the Same Neighborhood.

she stole his first kiss at the age of five

9 p.m
It's Saturday night. He got up from the kitchen chair and ran to his bedroom; swiftly took a peak outside the window, a usual Saturday night view for him; it’s Zooey, holding hands and beautifully laughing with a guy, she goes out every Saturday night with different guys every week, she is such a bitchy angel, but anyhow, the bitchy side of her just won't stop the fact that he is in love with her; his best friend. He'd sell his lovely guitar for her, she'd sell his joy division shirt, he'd sell his brother, he'd sell his house--well this I'm exaggerating-- he'd sell everything just to be with her.
He exhaled a long breath and grabbed his full stickered acoustic guitar, and started strumming a few chords as he started humming while he took some steps onto his bed.
”take a look at me, I feel stronger by your side, I remember when, when I first caught the light, shining through your eyes, it’s all that I needed to be. I’ll be..”

“..the sand that slows you down, I’ll be the song when you hear no sound, you’re everything to me, everything I see.”
He stopped strumming his guitar and looked up to his little brother who was standing at his doorstep; rolling his eyes.

“Devin, is that the only song you know? Well, no hard feelings okay? But I’m sick of listening to your ugly voice and that song every week. Get a life dude, get a life.” the seven years young Jack shook his head and folded his hands against his chest.
He laughed and stared at his little brother as he knotted his eyebrows.
”..when I go away, you’re what I am missing.” He giggled as he sticked his tongue out at his little brother.

“God, take me now” his brother looked up to the ceiling as if God was really there which only made Devin laugh even more. His brother walked away and once again shook his head.

“what’s wrong, Jack? That’s such a beautiful song, you know?” He said with a higher voice, just to make sure that Jack could still hear him.

“you sound gay.” Jack walked back to Devin’s face.

“your brother is a gay? Whoa, stay away from him! Stay away from him!” he joked and only made Jack frustrated.

“I’m messing with the wrong gay.” He emphasized the ‘gay’.

“Want to mess with the right gay, bro? go mess with someone at the mirror.” He smirked at his little brother.

“ughhhh!” he really was frustrated.
He continued singing his best friend, Zooey’s favorite song.

11 p.m
He took a peak at the window beside the main door at his house, staring at a beautiful creature with a long red messy hair giggled after a guy gave her a kiss at the lips.
His mind suddenly recall what happened 13 years ago when they both were only 5 years young;
her family just moved out to their neighborhood. Coincidentally, that night Devin’s family was about to make a BBQ party, so his mom asked him to go to Zooey’s house which is only twenty feet away, so he went there anyway. He was an active boy, but not in some love case, he never really attracted to a girl like the other boys, the only thing that he cared about was his music, he plays many kinds of instruments, perfect skill on guitar, he's been in love with music since he was three.

“Ya?” a girl that is shorter, cuter, and nicer than him asked while tucking her brunette hair to the back of her ear. –he died her hair red when she was 15-

“My parents are going to have a BBQ party tonight, they asked me to invite you.” He said holding his drum stick and played some trick with it. Not in the purpose to impress her, but she was impressed though.

“me?” she pointed to her chest.

“yes, you. I mean, with your family.” They laughed.

“oh okay, noted. What time?” she said still laughing a bit.

“seven”
She nodded as he walked away still playing some tricks with his drum stick.

--

“go play with Devin, darling. He’s there.” Devin’s mom asked her to approach to him, she did it anyway.
She walked awkwardly towards him with a plain pink dress and started to talk. They had a great conversation, they laughed, they yelled, they got along easily that night.
“Zooey? Honey? It’s 9 in the evening already. Let’s get home.” Her dad called.
With that she said goodbye to him, they both stood up from the comfortable couch beside the lake behind Devin’s house.
She stared at him for a second, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.


“the world is turning upside down, man. Really, upside down.” He murmured to himself, closing the curtain and walked toward to his room shaking his head..
♠ ♠ ♠
so thoughts? anyway this was inspirated by the song called Best Friend Forever by A Bird A Sparrow. and the song in this chapter called I'll Be.., also by A Bird A Sparrow. in case you're wondering. comments? critics? :)