This Just Feels Like Spinning Plates

Your heart was dying fast and you didn't know what

We strolled through the park, hands in pockets, while looking up at the trees growing little blossoms which would soon turn to leaves. I glanced over to her, keeping the rose in her jacket, and she caught my glance and quickly looked away. I wondered where she was leading me, while keeping my emotions neatly tucked away, like a pair of pants you save for a better occasion. I had been one for showing apathy, building walls. I did most of my thinking walking though, and hadn’t realized when she stopped in front of a stone circle built into the sidewalk.

At an intersection of three different paths, the circle had an inner circle which read “Imagine”. She cleared her throat as she left the rose lying right under the letters, and looked up at the sky after a few seconds. We sat down on the benches just a few feet away and stayed in silence for what seemed like an hour.

“I can just feel him here every time I leave a rose,” she said, wiping her eye with the back of her hand. I nodded with a quiet “yeah” and yelled at myself mentally for not saying more. She took a deep breath and chuckled.
“You know, I can just see John in Central Park just waltzing with Yoko, maybe even by himself or with Sean on some days. Every time I come here, I just think of him and what he could’ve done had it not happened...” She trailed off and I nodded again, frustrated at my lack of ability to speak. I sat, anxious for her to speak again.
“I…” I scratched the back of my neck and she stood up.
“Come on, we have work to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, I know! I'll write more in the summer, I promise. (: