Status: new!

Heartbreaker

Anteros

I open my eyes to find myself in the same dark street that Darryn was when I first started watching him on his way to the party. I must be close, then. I look around the crowded street and head in the direction that Darryn had.

Soon I am standing in front of the large house that I was just watching minutes ago. I make my way across the front lawn that is littered with empty cups and bottles. I enter through the front door and ignore everyone as I shove my way through the large crowd.

I notice that almost everyone at the party has turned to stare at me at least once. Okay, people. I know I'm good looking. No need to stare. It's just... annoying. Besides, it's not like I'd ever actually date a human.

"Hey." I turn to look at the one girl who had enough confidence to approach me. Her group of friends are watching in awe from the corner. I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Can I help you?" I ask her, my voice sounding bored. Probably because I AM bored. Sadly, she doesn't notice this and just continues talking.

"Are you new at our school? What's your name?" She asks. What is my name? I can't go by Anteros because someone might recognize it. Even if they don't it doesn't sound like a name that a human would have. I decide to use the name of the last guy I punished, five years ago. It's probably still in style.

"Yes and Brendon." I say, watching her reaction closely. She just smiles at me so it must be a fairly common name.

"Do you want to dance?" She asks me.

"Sorry, I'm not much of a dancer." Being who I am, I hate giving people an outright "no". It's really not her fault she finds me attractive. And if I was to be a jerk to her for liking me, wouldn't that make me seem like a hypocrite?

"Oh, okay. Maybe I'll see you at school, then." She sighs dejectedly. I nod and smile at her reassuringly. She really isn't that bad.

No one else tries to talk to me for the next half hour. I just stand there, leaning against the wall. Maybe I shouldn't be here. Maybe it's too early on. Should I wait to talk to him at his school? Or should I approach him here? I decide that I might as well talk to him now, since I'm already here.

As if on cue, I look up to see him descending the stairs, looking very pleased with himself. I notice that the girl isn't with him. Two heartbreaks in one day. Must be a record. Well, it is to me. Who knows what his record is.

I barely even realize it when he reaches the bottom of the stairs and start walking in my general direction. I'm too focused on the girl who is now slowing walking down the stairs. She's trying to hide it, but I can tell. She's been crying. She's heartbroken. I see one of her friends run up to her and ask her what's wrong but she just shakes her head.

She won't be able to talk about it for a long time. She won't be happy for a long time. She won't want to have anything to do with any guys for a very, very long time. I hate seeing people this hurt. But then I smile to myself. She may not realize it, but he boy who just broke her heart is going to feel the same pain she is in. Soon.

I notice Darryn's eyes on me and I look up. My grey/black eyes meet his blue/green ones. He smiles. I keep my facial expression blank. I don't want him to know how much I hate him, but I also don't want him to think that I am extremely attracted to him. I want him to fall in love with me. It won't help if he thinks that I love him.

Looking unaffected in anyway is the best chance I have for this to work. But it's not like it won't. I have been doing this for thousands of years and I have never failed once. I won't let this one boy be my downfall.

"Hello, I'm Darryn." He says. His hand moves up to mess with his brown locks. He smiles at me and I smile back. I have to work to keep it from becoming a smirk. He has absolutely no idea what's coming for him. He doesn't realize that in a few months time, he will be more broken than any of the people that he's hurt.

"Brendon." I respond holding out my hand.

Let the fun begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's ch.3! I'm really liking this story. It's turning out even better than I thought it would. Comment please!

-CC