Without You I'll Be Miserable at Best

Chapter 1

I was your basic 16 year old. I played some sports, and made lacrosse captain this year. I had a steady relationship with my beautiful girl friend. I was taking honors classes, and made the honor roll. I have a lot of friends and one amazing, best friend, named Zack. My girlfriend, Taylor hates him though, just because we got drunk and made out, no big deal. But if I had to choose, I’d choose Zack. I mean Taylor’s some what attractive, but, well, she’s a bitch. See, your basic normal sixteen year old.

And I don’t like her, at all. She used to be nice, but now I can’t stand her. Not. One. Bit. I'm not even sure why I'm still dating her. I want to break up with her but the only person I want to be with couldn't possibly like me.

By the way I'm Alex William Gaskarth. And I'm not as normal as I say I am, but my parents would digress, if I told them. They'd tell me all the things I want to hear but it doesn't mean my friends would. Zack would though. Zack always knows what I want to hear.

Taylor would hate me if I told her, but at least them the feeling would be mutual. You'd think by now she'd want to end things; we haven’t gone out on a date in almost three months. We've been dating for four months. Does that tell you anything? I won't break it off though, that's not me, but it will be me soon. I'm giving her another week before I dump her ugly ass.

I sigh, talking into my cell phone, " Taylor, babe, I don't feel well. Maybe we can go out and have a date some other day."

"Please Alex? It's only six thirty, you have all day to get better," from the tone of her voice I can tell sue pouting.

"We'll see," I grumble.

"Yey!" she exclaims, screaming into the phone.

"Yeah, whatever." I hang up and sigh. Her voice really bugged me. It made me want to punch babies, nothing else made me want to punch babies. I pinch the bridge of my nose and grab my backpack.

"Mom," I call, grabbing some toast, “You have to wake up now, if you're going to drive me to school." my mom worked from home, so she drove me to school everyday. Call me a loser, go ahead, but I don't drive. I don't want to, either. It’s weird, I know.

"Yeah, give a moment, or I'm going to drive you in my pajamas." she yawns, walking around.

"It wouldn't be the first time," I mutter.

"Damn right and it won't be the last either." she says proudly, walking out of her and my dad's room fully dressed.

"Just hurry up, please? I'm in for a long day."

"Oh what's today's drama Lex?" she asks.

"Taylor wants to go on a date and I don't feel up to it." I say, pushing her out the door.

"Then why don't you jut tell her that?" she asks.

"I did, but you know her. We haven't had a date in three months ehhhh, I want to get in your pants," I mimic her voice and my mom cringes. "What?"

"That voice, her voice, it bothers me."

"It bugs everyone, Mom."

"Why don't you just break it off? You obviously don't want to be in the relationship with her, anymore."

"Because, I hate break ups. I hate it when girls cry. I'd rather her break up with me and suffer until she does so, then have her cry and beg me not to."

My mom nods as she pulls out of the driveway, "I really think you should learn to drive."

"Not until me and Taylor break up, cuz then she might want to go on dates more often."

My mom rolls her eyes, "Whatever Alex."

I walk into school; my eyes quickly lock onto a short blonde figure. I grin as I slowly walk up to him. I can hear him talking to himself, holding a one sided conversation with his locker. It was childish, but it was really adorable. I sigh, though, he always did this. I was just glad nobody made fun of him because of it.

“Talking to yourself, Merrick?” I ask. He turns around, big smile on his face.

"Shut up asshole," he replies, trying to sound upset, but his smiles just proves he’s lying.

Its then I see his eyes, but more importantly, his irises. Now I was almost a hundred percent sure an iris should not have a red tint. Okay, so I am a hundred percent sure. It could have been something as simple as rubbing his eye to hard, or something like that, but I know Zack better. I know it’s not something so trivial, it was drugs.

I never knew why he did them either, I mean he had all of us (his friends), his family loved him. In fact there was really only one person hated him. Yes, my girlfriend, Taylor. Dumb, ignorant bitch.

"I thought you were done with all that drug shit, Zee." I sigh, looking at him, with a sad look taped to my face.

"I am." He growls, thinking I’d leave him alone about it.

"Bullshit. Your eyes are fucking red, you can't lie when I can fucking see it." I retaliate, not as mad as I sound.

Zack had beautiful brown eyes. They reminded me of tiger’s eyes (it’s a gemstone, by the way), the way they reflected the light. They were mesmerizing too. They were just gorgeous… no I do not like him. Where are you getting that from? Can’t I just talk about my male friends eyes and be a male myself? I did not like guys.

Did I mention I lie a lot? No? Well I do. I guess you could call me a compulsive liar.

"It’s none of your business." He replies, taking of his textbook.

"Like fuck it is. You fucking promised me on my birthday, my fucking birthday, you'd quit. That you'd stop all of this and improve your grades so; you, me, and Taylor could get out of this town." I raise my voice a tad, to put some emphasis to what I said.

As soon as I mention Taylor, Zack’s eyes darken. He stares at me hatefully, which, ouch, hurts.

"Maybe I've given up on leaving this town. Let's face it I'm so stupid compared to you two and wouldn't get into any college. Why even try anymore?"

I roll my eyes. I had enough of his touchy defensive behavior. We’d talk and make up later. I had more important things on my mind now. Like how to get out of going on a date with Taylor. I sigh, walking into homeroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
YEY! so yeah
3 comments
and btw me and some people are argueing (NOT REALLY) about Zack's eye color. I said brown, some one said green and then someone said hazel... which i believe a bit more now...
anyways hope you like it C:
ANd if you havent sub to this story so this one makes more sense:
http://stories.mibba.com/read/291690/Ill-have-you-know-Im-scared-to-Death/0/1/